Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577357 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #975 on: September 18, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »
Face the facts matey - Lennon is gone, Harwick is responsible.

A 19 year old sooks it up after being dropped and wants out of the club as a result. If he is that soft then he can go and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

More like a player does everything asked of him for 8 weeks and suddenly gets dropped from a final for an underdone player by the idiot coach, which leads said player to believe that certain rules & standards are not evenly applied and he's always going to be up against it at the club while ever said idiot coach remains in charge.
The fact is that against an undermanned North side the week before he did SFA to justify leaving him in the team. Just saying there are many ways you can argue this.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #976 on: September 18, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
So one supposedly average game after 7 solid/good weeks of consistent improvement suddenly deserves instant omission from a final in favour of blokes who even haven't played a match at any level for over a month? How was someone like Newman travelling in those 8 weeks? Were the same standards applied to him and a few others? Bollocks.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #977 on: September 18, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
So one supposedly average game after 7 solid/good weeks of consistent improvement suddenly deserves instant omission from a final in favour of blokes who even haven't played a match at any level for over a month? How was someone like Newman travelling in those 8 weeks? Were the same standards applied to him and a few others? Bollocks.
So when Lennon is Newman's age, will he expect to be treated the same as a second year player? Doubt it.

Look there is no doubt that Hardwick, like many of his fellow coaches has his favourites. No argument from me on this fact. However, a second year player who showed very little defensive pressure the previous week should start looking at his own performance before looking at others. It happens in all fields of employment too. A newby has to earn their stripes in the workforce before they can be treated as equal. Same on the footy field.  I'm not saying it is right, it is just the way it is. I for one have argued that Newman has not been deserving of games in the last two years, but to his credit, he was one of our better players last Sunday.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline El Guapo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #978 on: September 18, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

He wasn't solid, far from it.
The kid is to fat with no tank, good luck to him wherever he end up.
Just face the facts that the RFC has stuffed another first round draft pick, while pick 12 Lennon is dudding it up walking out of the club, pick 13 Patric Cripps is coming runner up in the rising star and winning B&F's :(
Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #979 on: September 18, 2015, 03:59:24 PM »
Well you clearly don't watch football......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #980 on: September 18, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »

He wasn't solid, far from it.
The kid is to fat with no tank, good luck to him wherever he end up.
Just face the facts that the RFC has stuffed another first round draft pick, while pick 12 Lennon is dudding it up walking out of the club, pick 13 Patric Cripps is coming runner up in the rising star and winning B&F's :(

I think Stewie Dew could come out of retirement and win the Blues B&F

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #981 on: September 18, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »
So when Lennon is Newman's age, will he expect to be treated the same as a second year player? Doubt it.

Look there is no doubt that Hardwick, like many of his fellow coaches has his favourites. No argument from me on this fact. However, a second year player who showed very little defensive pressure the previous week should start looking at his own performance before looking at others. It happens in all fields of employment too. A newby has to earn their stripes in the workforce before they can be treated as equal. Same on the footy field.  I'm not saying it is right, it is just the way it is. I for one have argued that Newman has not been deserving of games in the last two years, but to his credit, he was one of our better players last Sunday.

you could put up a fair argument for dropping ellis, but you would hard stretched to justify the two terribly underdone young players that were bought in.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline El Guapo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #982 on: September 18, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »

Clearly? You should try watching it without the rose colored glasses, maybey things will become more clearer for yourself!
Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #983 on: September 18, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »

Clearly? You should try watching it without the rose colored glasses, maybey things will become more clearer for yourself!

Or better still watch it after a bottle of red and then you dont really give a poo about the result

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #984 on: September 18, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »
Rumor is we are chasing Yarran.. :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #985 on: September 18, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »

Whats age got to do with it....how about the fact Lennon's clearly a better footballer who was playing better football than Newman? The only thing Newman has "earnt his stripes" at is being a proven failure past his prime. Not to mention Conca & Griffiths who weren't even playing any football at all.....it's not as if they brought in McDonough & McBean who'd been playing good footy in the twos. Even Thomarse would've been more a logical inclusion than Conca.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #986 on: September 18, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »

Yeah whatever you say El Loui from Tas....not anywhere near as worried that a nobody like you can't see the obvious as I am worried that the halfwits currently running the side can't...

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #987 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:00 PM »
Nice backflip by the way, El Loui....

Thank god!!
Missed Lennon today because of this has been!
May even lose him for good because of it.
RFC need to start showing some balls and call the shots them selves instead of letting the players do it....

....troll much?

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #988 on: September 18, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »

A second year player should be getting preferential treatment if they are on par with an old dude who's past it.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #989 on: September 18, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »

Yeah whatever you say El Loui from Tas....not anywhere near as worried that a nobody like you can't see the obvious as I am worried that the halfwits currently running the side can't...

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or offended :huh :huh