Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577295 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1155 on: October 04, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch 7 tonight said missing out on Bennell puts more pressure on Richmond to land Chris Yarran. Trade scribes saying Yarran is worth a first round pick  ::) and Carlton will want a first round pick.

Gigantor

« Reply #1156 on: October 04, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »
RFC you better not give up pick 12 for Yarran...he aint worth that much

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1157 on: October 04, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »
what about grigg chaplin houli hampson thomas

:huh :huh :huh

They weren't on the show

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1158 on: October 04, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »
Yeah agree, pick 2 for Yarran and that's it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1159 on: October 04, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
 :huh
i thought you said you were in a dry camp?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1160 on: October 04, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »
:huh
i thought you said you were in a dry camp?

:lol I meant a second rounder :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1161 on: October 04, 2015, 08:22:32 PM »
what about grigg chaplin houli hampson thomas

:huh :huh :huh

They weren't on the show

Ha!
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1162 on: October 04, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch 7 tonight said missing out on Bennell puts more pressure on Richmond to land Chris Yarran. Trade scribes saying Yarran is worth a first round pick  ::) and Carlton will want a first round pick.

Pressure to land one of the softest players on the market this year. There should no pressure he is worth a second and if not FO.

Get used to us coughing up a first round pick inside 18 here guys if we land yazzz.

This as Jackstar would say is FACT!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1163 on: October 04, 2015, 10:05:34 PM »
At this point in time with Yarran the way he is and had been all year we could not possibly be stupid enough to give up pick 12... Seriously we just could not be that stupid.

"Rucks:

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1164 on: October 04, 2015, 10:10:57 PM »
We do were stuffed

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1165 on: October 04, 2015, 10:18:17 PM »

Pressure to land one of the softest players on the market this year. There should no pressure he is worth a second and if not FO.

Get used to us coughing up a first round pick inside 18 here guys if we land yazzz.

This as Jackstar would say is FACT!!

That's media pressure. Tom Browne is a Pies man and he may be rubbing it in over Treloar etc, would rather keep our picks than find something that's not the right fit. If blokes do not want to come so be it but at the same time lets not give away our picks for the fruitless exercise of appeasing the masses to show that we are being proactive. Jordan McMahon, Shaun Hampson anyone?

Getting the right player is like buying the right car. A family with three kids don't need a Ferrari even though a Ferrari is a car albeit an expensive one and Mr and Mrs Jones can afford it. When possibly a Ford Territory or a Mazda CX-9 will do the job also and more conveniently and correctly. Not every millionare with a budget drives a European Sport or Luxury Car.

The club needs to get this right. Has to be the right fit and if he does not want to be here well move on. If you're looking for a house you din't waste your money when you can't find one frittering it away on other things. Just because its there it does not mean it right for you and you are right for it.

Trade week starts Friday lets see how ambitious or conservative our club is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1166 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »
Richmond has considerable salary cap space to accommodate some star signings to bolster its list on the back of three-straight elimination final exits.

The Tigers are still expected to secure Yarran in the exchange period, although the two clubs have been unable to agree to terms of a deal.

The Blues want a first-round draft pick for the 24-year-old, while the Tigers believe he is worth a second-round selection.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-pulls-out-of-harley-bennell-trade-race/story-fnp04d6z-1227556382433

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1167 on: October 04, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »
Richmond has considerable salary cap space to accommodate some star signings to bolster its list on the back of three-straight elimination final exits.

The Tigers are still expected to secure Yarran in the exchange period, although the two clubs have been unable to agree to terms of a deal.

The Blues want a first-round draft pick for the 24-year-old, while the Tigers believe he is worth a second-round selection.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-pulls-out-of-harley-bennell-trade-race/story-fnp04d6z-1227556382433

We won't be trading it for Yarran, so they need to move on or find someone else to trade with.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1168 on: October 05, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
Problem is we cannot get a star player to want to sign with us. We had an additional $500k to spend I believe due to not paying the maximum TPP over the past two seasons. How have we not been able to lure a star by front ending his contract and lure him? WTF is going on  :banghead

Just tells me, for some unknown reason, players do not want to come to our club. You'd think after 3 consecutive finals, sorting ourselves out off field as well that we'd be attractive to players . . . to date it doesn't appear that way. I'd love to know why say Collingwood/Geelong are more attractive to join than Richmond? I can understand Hawthorn as every players wants to win a premiership and they've got 3 in a row....

Our club needs better players if we are going to win a final. We need A-grade ready made players, not an 18yo who is going to be playing VFL all season. Where are they going to come from? Dangerfield wants to go to Geelong, Treloar snubbed us for Collingwood, the club has said no to Bennell (speculative at best as to why at this stage). That's 3 players who were available that would ave improved our list on end, that we have failed to get (as it stands).

Who is left available that is A-grade?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1169 on: October 05, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »
who was availabe is A grade?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI