Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577313 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1320 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »
According to Gale well be playing him as forward but according to Richardson we'll be playing him as a rebounding defender....
On one hand I'm hoping gale is correct, but it would be concerning that the CEO knows more about these things than the Football Manager

That's why I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1321 on: October 15, 2015, 12:40:09 AM »
The Blues are still hoping to get a first-round pick for Chris Yarran, as Richmond strive to trade down in the draft.

The Tigers had explored trading down from pick 31 to pick 17 in a deal that would send David Astbury to Brisbane, but the Lions thus far have rejected that proposition.

Carlton say they will hang on to Yarran if the right deal isn't offered.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2015-lachie-henderson-deal-our-new-way-of-thinking-carlton-20151014-gk98tu.html

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1322 on: October 15, 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
What would rfc do with a first rounder anyway ?
Pick Tambling again?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1323 on: October 15, 2015, 01:04:34 AM »
What's Carlton's second pick? 19?

I'd be content to trade pick 12 for Yarran + pick 19. Use 19 as part of a trade for Tomlinson.

If the draft is as shallow as everybody thinks then going from 19 to 12 might appeal to Carlton. Meanwhile we're not even playing blokes like Lennon (thanks Hardwick) over the likes of Newman and an underdone Conca/Griffiths so what do we care if we trade our first pick anyway if the kid won't even get a run around for 2-3 years?

Lennon, C Ellis and Lambert coming through, Vlastuin and B Ellis still developing, potential in Menadue/Drummond etc. Wouldn't kill us to trade pick 12 this year...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1324 on: October 15, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
People need to stop kidding themselves thinking we have a plethora of talent coming through the ranks and that the current stock we have is GF material.

We need to keep pick 12, if we cant trade that pick for a Treloar/Aish/Redden type then keep the bloody pick and walk away from the Yarran trade.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1325 on: October 15, 2015, 08:13:27 AM »
Pick Tambling again?

Reece conca mark II
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1326 on: October 15, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »
Pick Tambling again?

Reece conca mark II

Goon squad mark II. We've done better with our first picks than just about every team (since JON :shh). Club doesnt deserve to be potted here. Thats why we're rating our first pick so highly, and why Carlton arnt.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1327 on: October 15, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
I'd rather we just walked away...Yarran will be bust at Richmond IMO.....one season wonder who's a bludger and a sook....unprofessional, not a defensive bone in his body, will be a liabilty ....especially if he's played down back....even up forward -with the combination of his & Vickery's defensive non- efforts we'll see sides just waltz back out of our attacking 50 with even more ease than they do now...
Agree on this.
People need to look closely at Yarrans career. even when hes had good games the following week he drops off the cliff. For a bloke who has been in the system so long the gap between his best and worst remains staggering.
Geez people complain about players who let us down in important games i can just see the angst whith Yarran. His inability to consistently stand up and get a bit of ball for himself when the heat is on is really poor.

You must be watching different games to me claw. I agree with you that this year he has not played good footy. Previously though he has been good. You must understand that he is not an inside player. He is a run and carry player. His role is to achieve high numbers of meters gained and to kick accurately once he has disposed of the ball. He does that well and is a weapon when up and going.
We need more run and he'll give us that. The question I have is whether the price we pay for this is just too high

He is from here WA.  i would have been happy if we had picked him up in the nd. So i rated his potential. I have watched him as much as any non carlton supporter.
He has had good games but his good is very much mixed up with very poor. This has happened right thru his career.
His last season was not much different to his previous years.
My eyes say to me an outside player who is as soft as they come has little accountability is defensively poor and has  little consistency my eyes tell me he also drops his bundle.
What i see is very much backed up by stats hence i am prepared to voice a very strong opinion against getting him with anything more than a second round pick.

Key stats for a run and carry player
Disposals - well he averages less than 15 a game. I would be wanting around 20 plus for the role he does. It is so low because he regularly does not get his hands on the ball.I havent done the breakdown but i would say he gets 20 disposals a game about 1/4 of the time. i would say he has had less than 15 disposals a game at least 1/3 of his games with the rest somewhere in between.
He will go out and have a 25 possesion game and then have a 10 possesion game the week after when a club puts work into him.

Tackles - he goes at 2.8 sometimes he uses his pace to run down opponents, when he does  it looks great, but it is rare.He is either lazy or not fit when running without the ball.

R/B -  Just 1.9 times a game on average this is what we are getting him for my god. Again he looks great when he does actually run and carry but it is not often he does it.

I/50s - Just 2.7 times a game on ave. Again this is what we are getting him for it does not add up.

Goals - Just 0.75 a game.  I threw this in because people are talking about playing him forward a bloke who only chases when it suits. Thats the other side to the sml fwd role.

C/Ps -  Just 4.4 a game.I throw this in because often you have to go and get the ball for yourself. this is the reason why he only ave 14 possesions a game. He is great when its all on his terms .

CLR - Just 0.4 a game. I include this stat because it is the domain of quick blokes like yarran where they get a ball on the fringes and break away from trouble, it rarely happens.

These are not the stats of an A grade player. Between his overall performances his attitude and his statistical data he is not worth a first round pick. They should be reserved for proven consistent top performers not a flash in the pan player who has huge consistency problems and  is too outside.
Personally i believe we have the players to do the role who would be more accountable we just refuse to develop them in the role.
Connor Menadue and Kamdyn McIntosh coming off hb would solve a lot of problems imo.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1328 on: October 15, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »

I'd be content to trade pick 12 for Yarran + pick 19. Use 19 as part of a trade for Tomlinson.

If the draft is as shallow as everybody thinks then going from 19 to 12 might appeal to Carlton. Meanwhile we're not even playing blokes like Lennon (thanks Hardwick) over the likes of Newman and an underdone Conca/Griffiths so what do we care if we trade our first pick anyway if the kid won't even get a run around for 2-3 years?

Lennon, C Ellis and Lambert coming through, Vlastuin and B Ellis still developing, potential in Menadue/Drummond etc. Wouldn't kill us to trade pick 12 this year...
Lets just use pick 12 to get Tomlinson and dont bother with Yarran. Im pretty sure Gws would not accept pick 19 by itself.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1329 on: October 15, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »
Tomlinson  :bow
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1330 on: October 15, 2015, 01:00:35 PM »

Lets just use pick 12 to get Tomlinson and dont bother with Yarran. Im pretty sure Gws would not accept pick 19 by itself.
:clapping this

At this rate we will use a first pick on Yarran or Trade a player to suit their needs. Lose Lennon and still miss out on players because we're dicing around trying to suit the Cheats needs. Didn't we stuffing overpay for Hampson,  so why the stuff are they trying to screw us again.
NO MORE BARGAIN BASEMENT BLAIR SPECIALS
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1331 on: October 15, 2015, 01:14:10 PM »
Dan Richardson talking about Yarran:

We're getting closer, we respect Carlton's position and they feel Chris is worth a first round pick.

That's probably fair, but not quite as low as what we hold , we're exploring other avenues to get it done.

Carlton asked for a first round pick on Yarran, obviously the initial stages it's either 12 this year or future picks as well.

We think Chris Yarran is worth a pick around the early 20s.

We're really confident that Chris will get to the Tigers.

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1332 on: October 15, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
I'd rather we just walked away...Yarran will be bust at Richmond IMO.....one season wonder who's a bludger and a sook....unprofessional, not a defensive bone in his body, will be a liabilty ....especially if he's played down back....even up forward -with the combination of his & Vickery's defensive non- efforts we'll see sides just waltz back out of our attacking 50 with even more ease than they do now...
Agree on this.
People need to look closely at Yarrans career. even when hes had good games the following week he drops off the cliff. For a bloke who has been in the system so long the gap between his best and worst remains staggering.
Geez people complain about players who let us down in important games i can just see the angst whith Yarran. His inability to consistently stand up and get a bit of ball for himself when the heat is on is really poor.

You must be watching different games to me claw. I agree with you that this year he has not played good footy. Previously though he has been good. You must understand that he is not an inside player. He is a run and carry player. His role is to achieve high numbers of meters gained and to kick accurately once he has disposed of the ball. He does that well and is a weapon when up and going.
We need more run and he'll give us that. The question I have is whether the price we pay for this is just too high

He is from here WA.  i would have been happy if we had picked him up in the nd. So i rated his potential. I have watched him as much as any non carlton supporter.
He has had good games but his good is very much mixed up with very poor. This has happened right thru his career.
His last season was not much different to his previous years.
My eyes say to me an outside player who is as soft as they come has little accountability is defensively poor and has  little consistency my eyes tell me he also drops his bundle.
What i see is very much backed up by stats hence i am prepared to voice a very strong opinion against getting him with anything more than a second round pick.

Key stats for a run and carry player
Disposals - well he averages less than 15 a game. I would be wanting around 20 plus for the role he does. It is so low because he regularly does not get his hands on the ball.I havent done the breakdown but i would say he gets 20 disposals a game about 1/4 of the time. i would say he has had less than 15 disposals a game at least 1/3 of his games with the rest somewhere in between.
He will go out and have a 25 possesion game and then have a 10 possesion game the week after when a club puts work into him.

Tackles - he goes at 2.8 sometimes he uses his pace to run down opponents, when he does  it looks great, but it is rare.He is either lazy or not fit when running without the ball.

R/B -  Just 1.9 times a game on average this is what we are getting him for my god. Again he looks great when he does actually run and carry but it is not often he does it.

I/50s - Just 2.7 times a game on ave. Again this is what we are getting him for it does not add up.

Goals - Just 0.75 a game.  I threw this in because people are talking about playing him forward a bloke who only chases when it suits. Thats the other side to the sml fwd role.

C/Ps -  Just 4.4 a game.I throw this in because often you have to go and get the ball for yourself. this is the reason why he only ave 14 possesions a game. He is great when its all on his terms .

CLR - Just 0.4 a game. I include this stat because it is the domain of quick blokes like yarran where they get a ball on the fringes and break away from trouble, it rarely happens.

These are not the stats of an A grade player. Between his overall performances his attitude and his statistical data he is not worth a first round pick. They should be reserved for proven consistent top performers not a flash in the pan player who has huge consistency problems and  is too outside.
Personally i believe we have the players to do the role who would be more accountable we just refuse to develop them in the role.
Connor Menadue and Kamdyn McIntosh coming off hb would solve a lot of problems imo.
I said he was a run and carry player.....

How about these for stats to supply my argument:

Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for total bounces

I think this is the key stat for a run and carry player. They are not huge accumulators of the ball but give you that dash.

Thanks for listening.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1333 on: October 15, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »
So many of those stats were just porridge. The bloke can run & carry better than anyone in our team and possibly the competition. Look at where we've taken a guy like Houli from to the point he's at now. If we get half the improvement we did out of Houli with Yarran he'll be an A grader.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1334 on: October 15, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
Norf go and ruin everything by offering 15 for a VFL player!

If Anderson is worth 15, Yarran is worth pick 1.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do