Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577296 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #1335 on: October 15, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »
I'd rather we just walked away...Yarran will be bust at Richmond IMO.....one season wonder who's a bludger and a sook....unprofessional, not a defensive bone in his body, will be a liabilty ....especially if he's played down back....even up forward -with the combination of his & Vickery's defensive non- efforts we'll see sides just waltz back out of our attacking 50 with even more ease than they do now...
Agree on this.
People need to look closely at Yarrans career. even when hes had good games the following week he drops off the cliff. For a bloke who has been in the system so long the gap between his best and worst remains staggering.
Geez people complain about players who let us down in important games i can just see the angst whith Yarran. His inability to consistently stand up and get a bit of ball for himself when the heat is on is really poor.

You must be watching different games to me claw. I agree with you that this year he has not played good footy. Previously though he has been good. You must understand that he is not an inside player. He is a run and carry player. His role is to achieve high numbers of meters gained and to kick accurately once he has disposed of the ball. He does that well and is a weapon when up and going.
We need more run and he'll give us that. The question I have is whether the price we pay for this is just too high

He is from here WA.  i would have been happy if we had picked him up in the nd. So i rated his potential. I have watched him as much as any non carlton supporter.
He has had good games but his good is very much mixed up with very poor. This has happened right thru his career.
His last season was not much different to his previous years.
My eyes say to me an outside player who is as soft as they come has little accountability is defensively poor and has  little consistency my eyes tell me he also drops his bundle.
What i see is very much backed up by stats hence i am prepared to voice a very strong opinion against getting him with anything more than a second round pick.

Key stats for a run and carry player
Disposals - well he averages less than 15 a game. I would be wanting around 20 plus for the role he does. It is so low because he regularly does not get his hands on the ball.I havent done the breakdown but i would say he gets 20 disposals a game about 1/4 of the time. i would say he has had less than 15 disposals a game at least 1/3 of his games with the rest somewhere in between.
He will go out and have a 25 possesion game and then have a 10 possesion game the week after when a club puts work into him.

Tackles - he goes at 2.8 sometimes he uses his pace to run down opponents, when he does  it looks great, but it is rare.He is either lazy or not fit when running without the ball.

R/B -  Just 1.9 times a game on average this is what we are getting him for my god. Again he looks great when he does actually run and carry but it is not often he does it.

I/50s - Just 2.7 times a game on ave. Again this is what we are getting him for it does not add up.

Goals - Just 0.75 a game.  I threw this in because people are talking about playing him forward a bloke who only chases when it suits. Thats the other side to the sml fwd role.

C/Ps -  Just 4.4 a game.I throw this in because often you have to go and get the ball for yourself. this is the reason why he only ave 14 possesions a game. He is great when its all on his terms .

CLR - Just 0.4 a game. I include this stat because it is the domain of quick blokes like yarran where they get a ball on the fringes and break away from trouble, it rarely happens.

These are not the stats of an A grade player. Between his overall performances his attitude and his statistical data he is not worth a first round pick. They should be reserved for proven consistent top performers not a flash in the pan player who has huge consistency problems and  is too outside.
Personally i believe we have the players to do the role who would be more accountable we just refuse to develop them in the role.
Connor Menadue and Kamdyn McIntosh coming off hb would solve a lot of problems imo.
I said he was a run and carry player.....

How about these for stats to supply my argument:

Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for total bounces

I think this is the key stat for a run and carry player. They are not huge accumulators of the ball but give you that dash.

Thanks for listening.
He averages 2.8 bounces a game  that would equate to one or two carries a game. And that is with little else consistently done well. Im shocked anyone would be prepared to offer up a first round pick based on nothing but a few bounces a game. It does show which no one is arguing with he does run and carry at times and looks all flashy doing in doing so and yes even bounces it is what sells people.
bounces
09 - ave 1.1
10- ave  2.1
11 - ave  5.3
12 - ave 3.0
13 - ave 1.9
14 - ave 3.1
15 - ave 1.5
total ave 2.8 just one outstanding year.

As i have constantly said people are sold by the razzle dazzle. They cant see there is little else to his game.  Areas of the game that are more important than lol bouncing the ball.It is just great when he gets less than 15 possesions a game and does little else  but wow he had 3 or 4 bounces.
Oh by the way thanks for listening.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1336 on: October 15, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »
I'd rather we just walked away...Yarran will be bust at Richmond IMO.....one season wonder who's a bludger and a sook....unprofessional, not a defensive bone in his body, will be a liabilty ....especially if he's played down back....even up forward -with the combination of his & Vickery's defensive non- efforts we'll see sides just waltz back out of our attacking 50 with even more ease than they do now...
Agree on this.
People need to look closely at Yarrans career. even when hes had good games the following week he drops off the cliff. For a bloke who has been in the system so long the gap between his best and worst remains staggering.
Geez people complain about players who let us down in important games i can just see the angst whith Yarran. His inability to consistently stand up and get a bit of ball for himself when the heat is on is really poor.

You must be watching different games to me claw. I agree with you that this year he has not played good footy. Previously though he has been good. You must understand that he is not an inside player. He is a run and carry player. His role is to achieve high numbers of meters gained and to kick accurately once he has disposed of the ball. He does that well and is a weapon when up and going.
We need more run and he'll give us that. The question I have is whether the price we pay for this is just too high

He is from here WA.  i would have been happy if we had picked him up in the nd. So i rated his potential. I have watched him as much as any non carlton supporter.
He has had good games but his good is very much mixed up with very poor. This has happened right thru his career.
His last season was not much different to his previous years.
My eyes say to me an outside player who is as soft as they come has little accountability is defensively poor and has  little consistency my eyes tell me he also drops his bundle.
What i see is very much backed up by stats hence i am prepared to voice a very strong opinion against getting him with anything more than a second round pick.

Key stats for a run and carry player
Disposals - well he averages less than 15 a game. I would be wanting around 20 plus for the role he does. It is so low because he regularly does not get his hands on the ball.I havent done the breakdown but i would say he gets 20 disposals a game about 1/4 of the time. i would say he has had less than 15 disposals a game at least 1/3 of his games with the rest somewhere in between.
He will go out and have a 25 possesion game and then have a 10 possesion game the week after when a club puts work into him.

Tackles - he goes at 2.8 sometimes he uses his pace to run down opponents, when he does  it looks great, but it is rare.He is either lazy or not fit when running without the ball.

R/B -  Just 1.9 times a game on average this is what we are getting him for my god. Again he looks great when he does actually run and carry but it is not often he does it.

I/50s - Just 2.7 times a game on ave. Again this is what we are getting him for it does not add up.

Goals - Just 0.75 a game.  I threw this in because people are talking about playing him forward a bloke who only chases when it suits. Thats the other side to the sml fwd role.

C/Ps -  Just 4.4 a game.I throw this in because often you have to go and get the ball for yourself. this is the reason why he only ave 14 possesions a game. He is great when its all on his terms .

CLR - Just 0.4 a game. I include this stat because it is the domain of quick blokes like yarran where they get a ball on the fringes and break away from trouble, it rarely happens.

These are not the stats of an A grade player. Between his overall performances his attitude and his statistical data he is not worth a first round pick. They should be reserved for proven consistent top performers not a flash in the pan player who has huge consistency problems and  is too outside.
Personally i believe we have the players to do the role who would be more accountable we just refuse to develop them in the role.
Connor Menadue and Kamdyn McIntosh coming off hb would solve a lot of problems imo.
I said he was a run and carry player.....

How about these for stats to supply my argument:

Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2011 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 4 in the league in 2012 for total bounces
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for bounces per game
Ranked NUMBER 1 in the league in 2014 for total bounces

I think this is the key stat for a run and carry player. They are not huge accumulators of the ball but give you that dash.

Thanks for listening.
He averages 2.8 bounces a game  that would equate to one or two carries a game. And that is with little else consistently done well. Im shocked anyone would be prepared to offer up a first round pick based on nothing but a few bounces a game. It does show which no one is arguing with he does run and carry at times and looks all flashy doing in doing so and yes even bounces it is what sells people.
bounces
09 - ave 1.1
10- ave  2.1
11 - ave  5.3
12 - ave 3.0
13 - ave 1.9
14 - ave 3.1
15 - ave 1.5
total ave 2.8 just one outstanding year.

As i have constantly said people are sold by the razzle dazzle. They cant see there is little else to his game.  Areas of the game that are more important than lol bouncing the ball.It is just great when he gets less than 15 possesions a game and does little else  but wow he had 3 or 4 bounces.
Oh by the way thanks for listening.
If you read my post carefully I argued that the main thing would be what price we are prepared to pay. He is definitely in the top 5 run and carry players in the league. I also think his possessions hurt opposition sides more as most of them are not 1-2 handballs back and forth that inflate your statistical disposal numbers but do little for the team. In other word his 15 disposals probably have a bigger impact than someone else's 25. Shaun Atley averages only one disposal per game and has never accumulated the same super coach/fantasy points that Yarran has. Atley was very important for the Roos in the finals and helped them break lines on many occasions. Without him they probably would not have got to the prelims IMHO. Yarran is that sort of player. A player with flair that we often lack.

Thanks for listening.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1337 on: October 15, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »
You bastards are giving me seizures, my eye is still twitching
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1338 on: October 15, 2015, 07:18:21 PM »

Which eye?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

dwaino

« Reply #1339 on: October 15, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »
Jap's eye.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1340 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »
Talks with Carlton over a deal for playmaker Chris Yarran are edging closer but will drag on across the weekend.

The Blues are adamant Yarran, 24, is worth a first-round pick but Richmond is refusing to part with its current first selection (pick 12) to secure him.

The expected departure of Tigers defender David Astbury to Brisbane, which holds picks 17 and 21, could help complete the Yarran trade.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1341 on: October 15, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
Talks with Carlton over a deal for playmaker Chris Yarran are edging closer but will drag on across the weekend.

The Blues are adamant Yarran, 24, is worth a first-round pick but Richmond is refusing to part with its current first selection (pick 12) to secure him.

The expected departure of Tigers defender David Astbury to Brisbane, which holds picks 17 and 21, could help complete the Yarran trade.

Source: Herald-Sun website

Well that's an informative update bursting with new info

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1342 on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »
Jap's eye.

:clapping

Too much wasabi stuffed into the old sushimi hole
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1343 on: October 15, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »
Yep, I think we all know, Astbury to the Lions for pick 21, on traded to the Blues for Yaran, probably happen tomorrow.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1344 on: October 15, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »

I just turned my hearing aid off
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1345 on: October 16, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
While we do require his talent and pace

I'd rather tell Carlton to folk off
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1346 on: October 16, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »

We could do both. Seal the deal trade wise and then give them an envelope with F.O written inside along with our draft pick?!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1347 on: October 16, 2015, 10:41:23 AM »

Then you could bag the club some more for not recruiting anyone . Win win.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1348 on: October 16, 2015, 10:43:57 AM »

I am doing that anyway

I would rather no bludger, than paying Carlton overs for said bludger - what about u?

I still lose sleep over McMahon
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1349 on: October 16, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »

I am doing that anyway

I would rather no bludger, than paying Carlton overs for said bludger - what about u?

I still lose sleep over McMahon

Tell him to roll over.. :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"