Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577287 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond
« Reply #1590 on: October 22, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »
no, im not the one wishing for it.

I'm not wishing, I love the club. I'm just realistic enough to know there's a high chance it could happen and am comfortable enough not to hide behind it and to indeed talk about it openly, as well as criticise the possibility. Hold them to account if it does happen for the sake of betterment for the club.

People like yourself don't appear to like that because they aren't comfortable in open discussions which may criticise the club. Why that specifically is seems to be open to interpretation and has seldom been explained without solely relying upon bagging out the other perspective. But the perception is that it's a position of love (which is great) but blinded by that love to a point of being content and even exigent with mediocrity and unaccountability.

lol.

every time some negotiation drags out all you do is post "he's gone, wont resign, we will fold" etc in a constant barrage of "woe is me"

It is not valid critism of anything but a whiney view of what you are hoping for, so you can continue on your dark journey.

as for your second paragraph, that's just garbage. I am more than comfortable with criticism where its warranted. You try to make out like all i do is post BO JO type loolipop stuff, but this is just the george bush mentality that crops up when someone disagrees you.

you are also confusing not going all emo as being content. again the george bush type mentality, it doesnt have to be the complete opposite. I cant change it, so why let it drag me down? doesnt mean i like it, i just deal with it.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1591 on: October 22, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »

I'm not wishing, I love the club. I'm just realistic enough to know there's a high chance it could happen and am comfortable enough not to hide behind it and to indeed talk about it openly, as well as criticise the possibility. Hold them to account if it does happen for the sake of betterment for the club.

People like yourself don't appear to like that because they aren't comfortable in open discussions which may criticise the club. Why that specifically is seems to be open to interpretation and has seldom been explained without solely relying upon bagging out the other perspective. But the perception is that it's a position of love (which is great) but blinded by that love to a point of being content and even exigent with mediocrity and unaccountability.

lol.

every time some negotiation drags out all you do is post "he's gone, wont resign, we will fold" etc in a constant barrage of "woe is me"

It is not valid critism of anything but a whiney view of what you are hoping for, so you can continue on your dark journey.

as for your second paragraph, that's just garbage. I am more than comfortable with criticism where its warranted. You try to make out like all i do is post BO JO type loolipop stuff, but this is just the george bush mentality that crops up when someone disagrees you.

you are also confusing not going all emo as being content. again the george bush type mentality, it doesnt have to be the complete opposite. I cant change it, so why let it drag me down? doesnt mean i like it, i just deal with it.

and if youd bothered to take note of what people are actually saying you would have noted that i have said that yarran is not worth 12, and have also gone cold on the idea of getting him full stop

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1592 on: October 22, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »

I think youve explained your point well but the constant critisism of the club puts a lot of people off. The failure to aknowledge positives, the over simplyfying of AFL football operations and coaching. Its the opinion of many that constant impatience and calling for sackings when immediate results dont happen is one of the principal reasons why we have had such an appalling 30 years.

Constant negativety doesnt get you anywhere. For what its worth, my old man shut me down when I was a kid once, he was lamenting at how shocking we were, even though we'd had some pyrrhic victory. I was just a kid and said "dad, we won! Be happy". He turned to me and said "you dont know. You just dont know. Ive seen Richmond sides beat the second best team in the comp by 15 goals, Ive seen richnond win premierships with every talented player in the comp wearing the yellow and black".

I guess I just cant truly empathise...

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1593 on: October 22, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »

I think youve explained your point well but the constant critisism of the club puts a lot of people off.

:'(

The failure to aknowledge positives

.....  :snidegrin

:clapping

the over simplyfying of AFL football operations and coaching.

Its the opinion of many that constant impatience and calling for sackings when immediate results dont happen

is one of the principal reasons why we have had such an appalling 30 years.

its not a debate about the nature of the universe or god

its trying kick the pig skin into the bigger stick more times than the other jumper team

some things are simple; some of dimmas mates are plodders, our rucks are short, #12 for yarren would be crap  etc.

dimma and friends have had 6-7 years, thats pretty good go innit?

if you look back over the last 20 years more coaches get a good 5 year chuck. i think your theory, is outdated,

Constant negativety doesnt get you anywhere. For what its worth, my old man shut me down when I was a kid once, he was lamenting at how shocking we were, even though we'd had some pyrrhic victory. I was just a kid and said "dad, we won! Be happy". He turned to me and said "you dont know. You just dont know. Ive seen Richmond sides beat the second best team in the comp by 15 goals, Ive seen richnond win premierships with every talented player in the comp wearing the yellow and black".

consistently positive gets you fairyfloss, unicorns, rainbows, delsional, mass suicide cults drinking the kool aid

you gotta be careful to not go too far the other way

you start to look like essendon fan morons 

your father is correct; we should have ambitions to be the real madrid of australia, or the hawthorn as sickening as it is to say. the mass pats on the back as we scrape into the lower rungs of the finals is pretty poor too. I would reckon most richmond fans agree dimma first couple of years were good given the overall picture. But we progressing enough given the rest of the comp. is trying to move forward too?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:32:31 AM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1594 on: October 22, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »

I think youve explained your point well but the constant critisism of the club puts a lot of people off. The failure to aknowledge positives, the over simplyfying of AFL football operations and coaching. Its the opinion of many that constant impatience and calling for sackings when immediate results dont happen is one of the principal reasons why we have had such an appalling 30 years.

Dont begrudge anyone who offers an opinion though, albeit a negative one.

This club has done some things right (rance, jack, martin, miles) but ultimately its a performance based business and if you are constantly losing when it counts you will be ridiculed.

The club is where you should be voicing your opinion not at people who fork out hard earned cash year in year out for the same result.

Not every one was asking for sackings last year, but dont you think after 6/7 years we should be doing better with dimwit and a few years with hackley?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1595 on: October 22, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »

lol.

Nup. Wrong on most assumptions there.

One thing i will bite at though is the whole 'Woe is me' thang. Mate it's got nothing to do with feeling down or being an emo. A lot of Richmond supporters who criticise the club don't come from the perspective of playing the victim. After so many years of rubbish it's about disbelief and humor at the ongoing stupidity of many decisions. If it gets you down then ignore it.

For the record I don't think you are anywhere near extreme as Bojo or one or two others and I'm not pushing a with us or them or against us or them position if you don't agree with me. It's not that important and is really a peripheral matter in the scheme of everything that is discussed here.

Anyway each to their own.

Now did we cough up pick 12 anybody?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1596 on: October 22, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
i stuffing hope not

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1597 on: October 22, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
I just read on the afl trade website that the reason Carlton are playing hardball is they have promised our pick 12 to GWS for Tomlinson. 

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1598 on: October 22, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
I just read on the afl trade website that the reason Carlton are playing hardball is they have promised our pick 12 to GWS for Tomlinson.

thats a bit bloody presumptuous
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1599 on: October 22, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
SEN news at midday said Richmond won't up their offer of pick 19 so Yarran could remain at Carlton next year.

However, Brett Anderson on SEN afterwards said he still expects a deal to be done before the 2pm deadline.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1600 on: October 22, 2015, 12:42:50 PM »
We should just trade pick 12 to GWS for Tomlinson to spite Carlton. Need a KPD anyway...

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1601 on: October 22, 2015, 12:43:28 PM »
Stick fat tiges, not long to go now.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1602 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
We should just trade pick 12 to GWS for Tomlinson to spite Carlton. Need a KPD anyway...

Tomlinson-Rance-Grimes

:clapping

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1603 on: October 22, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »
In fact that would leave Carlton with nothing but pick 19. Would be nice to put them in such a hard spot...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1604 on: October 22, 2015, 12:48:36 PM »
10.15am: YARRAN UPDATE

We touched briefly on Blues footy chief Andrew McKay updating the Chris Yarran situation.

Here is Jen Phelan's full story.

CARLTON expects Chris Yarran to line up in navy blue next season if Richmond can't come up with a first round selection to trade for him before today's 2pm deadline.

The Blues have also confirmed their interest in Greater Western Sydney forward Adam Tomlinson.

There has been suggestion the contracted Yarran could sit out of season 2016 if the Blues and Tigers can't find common ground on a trade today.

But the Blues – who are still demanding a first-round NAB AFL Draft pick for the half back – say he'll simply remain at their club next year if a deal isn't done.

"Hopefully we'll get something done today. We want a first rounder and we're at loggerheads at the moment but we're confident we'll get something done," football manager Andrew McKay said on Thursday morning.

"Chris is a very talented player so we'd certainly be comfortable with him staying at Carlton for another year.

"I'm not sure he doesn't want to be [at Carlton]. He nominated to go to Richmond and keep in mind we've got a new coach and a lot of change under our roof so I'm sure Chris would be fine with us.

"I've been in contact with him and his manager. He's ok.

"I'm confident [he wouldn't miss a year]. It's a pretty big call to sit out of footy for 12 months."

The Tigers have offered their current pick of No.19, which the Blues have rejected.

McKay didn't rule out Hawthorn entering the deal. A possible trade with the Tigers involving their pick No.12, which has been off-limits to the Blues, could be struck for the Hawks' 15 and 18.

One of the premiers' picks could then potentially move Yarran.

"It's tough to speculate because that hasn't been done yet so we'll jump that hurdle when we get to it," McKay said.

McKay also said a deal that secured a first round pick could ultimately seal an agreement with the Giants for Tomlinson.

"He's a player of interest, definitely. He's certainly a good player and one we're very keen to get," he said.

"A bit of water's got to go under the bridge before we can manage to even think about that."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-22/trade-period-live-the-final-few-hours