Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577315 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran [merged]
« Reply #1995 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:04 PM »
Just think , we could have got Havey Bennell too and I read he's struggling to get on the park
We have to be patient with Yaz because we haven't got a choice really

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1996 on: April 06, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
Just think , we could have got Havey Bennell too and I read he's struggling to get on the park
We have to be patient with Yaz because we haven't got a choice really

Yep Ch7 news said Bennell is likely out for the first half of the season, serious calf problem that is not responding to treatment
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Foot surgery to help Yarran long-term ... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1997 on: April 12, 2016, 04:32:43 AM »
Foot surgery to help Yarran long-term

Herald-Sun
12 April 2016

CHRIS Yarran’s foot surgery will finally enable the silky playmaker to train and play at AFL intensity upon his return next month, according to Richmond.

The former Carlton utility is on track to return to senior action in 4-6 weeks after surgery on a serious foot problem that prevented Yarran from training at full capacity.

Coach Damien Hardwick has vowed to be bold at selection in coming weeks to help develop the Tigers’ prized young talent, saying “we don’t want to make up the numbers” in September after three-straight failed finals campaigns.

Hardwick admitted he was disappointed Yarran arrived for pre-season training out of shape but was adamant the damaging ball-user would be a valuable long-term addition.

Richmond handed over pick No. 19 for Yarran in last year’s trade period, which the Blues used on untried speedster David Cuningham.

“To be frank, the best thing that happened to him (Yarran) is this foot operation,” Hardwick said.

“It (the foot injury) hasn’t allowed him to train at anywhere near AFL levels which has reflected his performance over the last year-and-a-half at Carlton.

“We are really excited by the prospect we have had the opportunity to get the operation done and he is starting to run now (at training).

“We are really excited that when he comes back into the team, he is going to be able to play at AFL intensity and I think we are going to see the best of a very good player.”

Yarran was hampered by minor foot problems during his last year at Carlton.

Hardwick said Yarran’s physical condition at the start of preseason training was not ideal.

He attempted to ramp up his fitness early in the summer but was subsequently soon hit by a calf problem, derailing him further.

“We were disappointed with the condition Chris came back in, but we were also there to help him and make sure we get his best football out of him,” Hardwick said.

“He has got a long career ahead of him at Richmond and the important thing for us is to make him feel welcome and part of the place.”

Hardwick said the club had learnt valuable lessons in recent years and would maintain its faith in youngsters such as Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon and Daniel Rioli.

“We are going to be a little bit brave with our decision making and with selection in match committee and whilst we may have to take a little bit of heartburn, I certainly think in weeks to come you will see us move forward,” he said.

Brett Deledio is still a few weeks away from overcoming a quad setback.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/chris-yarrans-foot-surgery-will-allow-him-to-train-and-play-at-afl-intensity/news-story/38777770ad9864c9e89b302d012073a2

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Foot surgery to help Yarran long-term ... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1998 on: April 12, 2016, 05:22:08 AM »
 Waste of draft pick and the club can cover it up how they like rocked up to preseason unfit and football department have no idea.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1999 on: April 12, 2016, 06:50:56 AM »
Waste of draft pick and the club can cover it up how they like rocked up to preseason unfit and football department have no idea.
While it would seem so (a waste) it is still too early to tell. I still hold out hope that he will add a lot to the team once he is fit and firing. He is a footballer of immense talent but his problem has always been one of consistency and getting his head (and foot it seems) in the right place. I don't think we'll see his best till next year though, assuming he can have a full preseason. After giving away what we did, we need to back this boy to the hilt or it WILL be a complete waste.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2000 on: April 12, 2016, 07:10:29 AM »

100% agree.
If we were going to trade for a player who can't play we should've picked up Trengrove, at least he's a decent kid.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2001 on: April 12, 2016, 07:21:50 AM »
What's charlie Dixon up to ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2002 on: April 12, 2016, 07:52:43 AM »
I think Yarran coming into the side is the only thing we have to look forward to in the coming weeks, it sure as hell isn't the brand of footy or the results we will be happy with.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2003 on: April 12, 2016, 08:24:51 AM »
I think Yarran coming into the side is the only thing we have to look forward to in the coming weeks, it sure as hell isn't the brand of footy or the results we will be happy with.
Having Deledio and Maric return is what I am looking forward to.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2004 on: April 12, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »

They won't save this team and again why do we have to rely on two players. I'm only looking forward to seeing Yarran come back in and do well but I don't think that him coming into the side will be any reason our skill level will improve. or the stupid decision making or the rest of the crap we have been dishing up.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2005 on: April 12, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »

They won't save this team and again why do we have to rely on two players. I'm only looking forward to seeing Yarran come back in and do well but I don't think that him coming into the side will be any reason our skill level will improve. or the stupid decision making or the rest of the crap we have been dishing up.
History will suggest that lids and ivvy do drastically increase our chances of winning, it shouldn't be that way but it is.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2006 on: April 12, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »

History will suggest that lids and ivvy do drastically increase our chances of winning, it shouldn't be that way but it is.

Yes I realise that and therein lies our problem.

"Rucks:

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2007 on: April 12, 2016, 11:08:19 AM »

Meh, with the Yarran pick we would have selected;

a) Slow back pocket rated as a 3rd rounder by most, that we'll try to turn into a midfielder;
b) A key forward who can't mark, kick and is soft; or
c) A re-tread delisted by another club without even playing a game, we'll all see his highlights and think he might be a diamond in the rough, but he's just another Nathan Gordon
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2008 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
We would've drafted Josh Dunkley.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2009 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:42 PM »
Chris Yarran running laps in Perth, looking a lot fitter. #afleaglestigers #afl

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/AaronBryans/status/720530572062416896