Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577299 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran [merged]
« Reply #2370 on: October 30, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
Mate. Give it a rest. We understand where you're coming from. I don't think continual abuse of Yarran is adding to the conversation.

We all should show extreme cautious optimism for Chris. It's good news he is on the track and trying to get fitter. We all know he has a long way to go and has a high likelihood of not making it.  For the sake of the bloke and the club, isn't it better he makes it and tears it up on field? I couldn't think of anything better myself.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2371 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
Not gonna happen mate
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2372 on: October 30, 2016, 12:21:59 PM »
Perhaps if the Richmond actually gave us a decent level of information whilst this fool levers 40 grand a month out of the club, then people wouldnt have the need to be asking questions.

$480,000 since we signed him.

Proof or any facts that are even close to justify this coment ?

Average salary is 300k in the afl so would be pretty close to the mark, assuming yarran is on 400 plus which he would be

And he got paid all of that ?  I will repeat.

Proof or any facts that are close to that to justify this coment ?

With respect I think you are being silly now. We could say the same about every player then (not knowing what they get paid)

I get your defending him which I don't have an issue but to ask for facts to prove that yarran has been paid close to if not 400,000 in a year, is not going to happen. Its as close to a fact as you will find though, unless someone has some intel that he handed it back

Im not really defending Yarran. I have no way of knowing the truth behind his trade, depression, weight problem, injuries or any other rumor about him and that is why I will never state that sort of stuff in this forum. Yes I was taking it to the extreme but I am just so sick of people posting things as "facts" when really they have no way of knowing such things. If you have some evidence say so, otherwise it just speculation and I have decided that I will call them out sometimes. Might not change things on this forum but I have the right to question these "facts".
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2373 on: October 30, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
It's the club's way of issuing damage control. .
They Fkd up in the first place making the deal and now have to play it out like this
so it looks as though they have an idea and were in control

The world doesn't stop for Chris Yarran nor should it.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2374 on: October 30, 2016, 01:00:31 PM »
Perhaps if the Richmond actually gave us a decent level of information whilst this fool levers 40 grand a month out of the club, then people wouldnt have the need to be asking questions.

Average salary is 300k in the afl so would be pretty close to the mark, assuming yarran is on 400 plus which he would be

With respect I think you are being silly now. We could say the same about every player then (not knowing what they get paid)

I get your defending him which I don't have an issue but to ask for facts to prove that yarran has been paid close to if not 400,000 in a year, is not going to happen. Its as close to a fact as you will find though, unless someone has some intel that he handed it back

Im not really defending Yarran. I have no way of knowing the truth behind his trade, depression, weight problem, injuries or any other rumor about him and that is why I will never state that sort of stuff in this forum. Yes I was taking it to the extreme but I am just so sick of people posting things as "facts" when really they have no way of knowing such things. If you have some evidence say so, otherwise it just speculation and I have decided that I will call them out sometimes. Might not change things on this forum but I have the right to question these "facts".

You could argue that about just about anything.

"Player X looks slow". You jump in and demand the poster provide beep tests.

"Player Y is overweight". You jump in and demand the poster provide skin folds.

"Player Z had a crap game" You jump in and demand all the stats.

You might only deal in facts but part of a forum is also dealing in likelihoods.

The difference is you are argueing likelihoods are impossibilities because they dont meet your own personal test. And its only an issue here (and not other topics) because of your own emotional buy in on this issue.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2375 on: October 30, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »

You might only deal in facts but part of a forum is also dealing in likelihoods.

The difference is you are argueing likelihoods are impossibilities because they dont meet your own personal test. And its only an issue here (and not other topics) because of your own emotional buy in on this issue.

Player looked slow  -  stated opinion
Player had a crap game - stated opinion
etc

I have no problem with these, I may or may not agree with these but they are just opinions

Player gets paid $40,000 a month for not playing - stated fact
AFL knew he had depression - stated fact
etc

This I have problem with. Without proof they are plainly speculation.

I am sure you can see the difference.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2376 on: October 30, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »

etc

I have no problem with these, I may or may not agree with these but they are just opinions

etc

Prove the 'difference' is a 'fact' and not a 'stated opinion'
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2377 on: October 30, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »

etc

etc

Prove the 'difference' is a 'fact' and not a 'stated opinion'

Oh I was wrong. Thought you would see the difference. Can't see the point in arguing then.

Please lets not fill this thread with anymore of this so it can stay on the Topic of Chris Yarran.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2378 on: October 30, 2016, 01:43:54 PM »
Dont know what he is getting paid but it is too much to be doing nothing.

A reasonable assumption would be he is signed on for at least 350k a yr that is about the ave. that is close enough to 30k a month.
Even if there is a clause in his contract where he gets a minimum due to illness or injury it would be reasonable to assume his income would not be halved.

The real point is we have a bloke swanning around doing nothing and he is draining our coffers one way or another  and costing us the opportunity to target another mature player and failing that costing someone a list spot. We need to make a call THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DRAG ON INDEFINATELYwe are running a highly competetive sporting business we are not running a charity.

Are we getting value for money with this 14 disposal, 3 tackle 4 c/p small  mid/fwd.

Oxx is right they made a mistake but in typical fashion cant be seen to have erred. He had well documented issues both on field and off field and we did not do due diligence.
Instead of minimising the damage they continue on hoping to save face.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2379 on: October 30, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »
Dont know what he is getting paid but it is too much to be doing nothing.

A reasonable assumption would be he is signed on for at least 350k a yr that is about the ave. that is close enough to 30k a month.
Even if there is a clause in his contract where he gets a minimum due to illness or injury it would be reasonable to assume his income would not be halved.

Agree. What ever it is its far to much for doing nothing

The real point is we have a bloke swanning around doing nothing and he is draining our coffers one way or another  and costing us the opportunity to target another mature player and failing that costing someone a list spot. We need to make a call THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DRAG ON INDEFINATELYwe are running a highly competetive sporting business we are not running a charity.

Are we getting value for money with this 14 disposal, 3 tackle 4 c/p small  mid/fwd.

Oxx is right they made a mistake but in typical fashion cant be seen to have erred. He had well documented issues both on field and off field and we did not do due diligence.
Instead of minimising the damage they continue on hoping to save face.

Im not sure that the issues he has had since being with us were in fact well documented. Sure his injury and his unhappeness with Carlton were known but I went back to the start of this thread and didn't find any sort of suggestion he had mental problems. I would think that it was well known somebody would of bought it up here. As far as making a mistake , well at this stage is certainly looks that way, lets hope he can change the view on this.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2380 on: October 30, 2016, 03:51:06 PM »
Never bother arguing with a tool Fluffy. They simple drag u down to their level and win on experience.

If they want to sprout unsubstantiated crap because it makes them feel good then not much we can do to help them

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2381 on: October 30, 2016, 04:16:55 PM »

The real point is we have a bloke swanning around

You appear to suggest he is having a good time, how do you know what he has been through?

and he is draining our coffers one way or another 

This is hardly the case and a bit melodramatic

We need to make a call THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DRAG ON INDEFINATELY

This won't go on indefinitely, once again melodramatic but all i would expect from an ott whinger

we are running a highly competetive sporting business

Are we?, I would argue for the last 30 years or so we have been anything but highly competitive, I thought you also knew this as you continue to barrel on about how hopeless the RFC is.

He had well documented issues both on field and off field

I am calling a big bs on this, there were no off field concerns raised on this forum about Yarren and off field issues, from memory the concerns were about his on field performance ie lack of high possessions and consistency

Unless OE or WP can remember deleting all the supposed well documented posts on his off field issues then I am saying you are making poo up in poor taste

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2382 on: October 30, 2016, 04:18:06 PM »
If he comes good, We might just start looking dangerous.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2383 on: October 30, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »
if he comes good , oxus might just catch his depression
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2384 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »
if he comes good , oxus might just catch his depression

Be careful what you wish for