Author Topic: Soldo Promoted & will make his debut [update]  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Soldo Promoted & will make his debut [update]
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 09:54:13 PM »
I fear that he'd get dominated by any average ruckman. Boyd isn't a ruckman

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2017, 11:10:17 PM »
I'm sure he will at this early stage of his career and after only playing the sport for about 5 minutes...the pay off won't be for at least another couple of years...and he's still already better than Hamspud...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »
We need to draft a couple of GENUINE ruckman, and stop looking for the hybrid type which we have done for too long.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:44 PM »
A hybrid as in a ruck /forward? Because that's exactly what we need, we just don't have a good one and I think you'll find Soldo is being developed as a genuine ruckman. Nonetheless, we could do with more of both - I think we should look at someone like Tom Goodwin from Coburg at the very least...maybe try and lure over Spencer from Melbourne, he won't be getting many games behind a fit Gawn.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
A hybrid as in a ruck /forward? Because that's exactly what we need, we just don't have a good one and I think you'll find Soldo is being developed as a genuine ruckman. Nonetheless, we could do with more of both - I think we should look at someone like Tom Goodwin from Coburg at the very least...maybe try and lure over Spencer from Melbourne, he won't be getting many games behind a fit Gawn.
See I think Nank could be the hybrid ruck/forward.
He gives you 100% effort in the contest in the air or on the ground, is a great kick and rucks well. And most importantly is AGGRESSIVE. Unlike what we have on our list now.

Even Chol is more of a hybrid than a potential ruckman.