Author Topic: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks / We get pick 26 as compo [update]  (Read 53880 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks [update]
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
Second round pick is probably above his market value. Take it and run.

As much fun as it is bagging Tyrone:

- he's kicked more afl goals than most people in his age group,  "soft" goals are still worth six points
 - more than one club want him

Should get something better FFs - look at Stanley to Geelong who's a gimp
He's a tall forward who is handy in the ruck. There arn't many of those at AFL level.

He's not a tall forward's A-hole.

Nor a ruck's A-hole.

He plays C-grade football in both positions. Could have been B-grade in both if he tried harder.

If we get pick 25 then take it and run. I would still be satisfied with pick 37 to be honest...

How many players drafted 2008 onwards - have kicked as many goals as Vickery?

Not many.

He is a fwds a-hole
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »
Gee we get some tall drazos at Richmond.  We had the full body cramp Albatross and 'Ghost Balls' Vickery doing his acid flashbacks and candle in the wind impersonations.  We have the Hammer, who actually might be the real life zoolander, mastering the tap to the opposition.  Who we missing?
Lots of people name their swords......

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
He is an out and out bum and people are complaining about getting a second rounder for him. If they offered a packet of Krispy Kremes id take em.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2016, 07:09:23 AM »
Take a second rounder and run Richmond!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2016, 08:29:15 AM »
He is an out and out bum and people are complaining about getting a second rounder for him. If they offered a packet of Krispy Kremes id take em.

I do have to laugh at people who ritualistically pot the club and list managers for horrible decisions and then make comments like "he ain't worth anything - take what you can get".

He's worth something in the current player market. So why should Richmond not play hardball and get as much compensation as possible?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:36 AM »

I do have to laugh at people who ritualistically pot the club and list managers for horrible decisions and then make comments like "he ain't worth anything - take what you can get".

He's worth something in the current player market. So why should Richmond not play hardball and get as much compensation as possible?

It's a Richmond-emo- Stockholm syndrome thing

Everyone is terrible.

The sky is falling

Get 3rd rounders for lids Tyrone miles Lennon and run   
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
Vickers is a stopgap for the dorkers while they reassess their list.  They went as far as they can, now they are going to have to develop and build.  He might kick on, but they will have to see the wizard of Oz to install heart, courage and a brain, and convince him to stop wearing Dorothy's magic high heals so he stops falling over.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
convince him to stop wearing Dorothy's magic high heals so he stops falling over.

:lol :lol :lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2016, 12:46:38 PM »
 :pray cmon cmon cmon  :pray

tony_montana

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2016, 12:47:51 PM »
Vickers is a stopgap for the dorkers while they reassess their list.  They went as far as they can, now they are going to have to develop and build.  He might kick on, but they will have to see the wizard of Oz to install heart, courage and a brain, and convince him to stop wearing Dorothy's magic high heals so he stops falling over.

:lol :lol  :thatsgold

Online hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Looking forward to seeing vickery line up against rance next year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2016, 01:31:05 PM »
THE TY VICKERY SITUATION
2 hours ago

It looks like Vickery will be on his way to Hawthorn as a restricted free agent, which means the Tigers can force him to stay if they match the offer that the Hawks make. That situation looks unlikely though.

The Richmond forward has long been a maligned player but has that been fair? Let's take a look at some of his numbers.

GOALS
2016: 26 (from 17 games)
2015: 31 (from 15 games)
2014: 23 (from 12 games)

In the past three years, the former No. 8 selection has booted 80 goals from 44 games. Hardly outstanding but certainly nothing to be sneezed at, especially considering how poor the Tigers were this season.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2016, 01:45:13 PM »
So craptacularly average and only because he got fed the odd goal. Pfft,   I will swallow my tears my only fond memory of him knocking out Cox, it could very well have been the only time he showed any spark of passion in that android brain of his.  I suppose he also gave me a moment of joyous laughter when he went for a mark and did the 'downward facing dog' yoga position while the bloke behind him completed the mark...oh then there was the ghost ball marking incident  poor bastard lol.
Ironically, he is a good set shot and the dorkers have the blokes to get the ball to him a bit cleaner so he might be a bit more effective with them.  He is still a lazy bum.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2016, 01:47:10 PM »
So craptacularly average and only because he got fed the odd goal. Pfft,   I will swallow my tears my only fond memory of him knocking out Cox, it could very well have been the only time he showed any spark of passion in that android brain of his.  I suppose he also gave me a moment of joyous laughter when he went for a mark and did the 'downward facing dog' yoga position while the bloke behind him completed the mark...oh then there was the ghost ball marking incident  poor bastard lol.

:clapping

The best thing is when he does these things at the hawks we can laugh without the embarrassment

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2016, 03:16:28 PM »
Ironically, he is a good set shot and the dorkers have the blokes to get the ball to him a bit cleaner so he might be a bit more effective with them.  He is still a lazy bum.

Above average in so much he has kicked more goals than almost everyone around his age bracket

All forwards get "fed" the ball especially full forwards