Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 761008 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5295 on: July 17, 2020, 06:54:47 AM »

people are focused on the total incompetence of the victorian ALP led by dan the man and his corrupt bunch of cronies.

lets not deflect from the real issue here now shall we WP :shh

No deflection Frankie

You bought up Trump. Just replying to that during my hiatus
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5296 on: July 17, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »

Scotty from Marketing has announced $400 million to boost the film industry.

Good move but a bit disappointing in one regard. He missed the opportunity for another fancy name, FilmSaver maybe. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-17/australian-film-industry-funding-boost/12465348

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5297 on: July 20, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »
silence is deafening on here. usual suspects gone missing. Zero reply on corruption, zero reply on chairman Dan's performance, zero reply on deaths caused by incompetence.

Should be lucky we have Scomo in charge of things, imagine if it were shorten and dan going at it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5298 on: July 20, 2020, 10:10:55 AM »
Imagine if Scotty from Marketing was the Victorian premier. He would have fancy names for things but would be prone to prioritise going on holidays or going to see his beloved bum sniffers in action.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5299 on: July 20, 2020, 02:06:18 PM »
eh...

This outbreak will end.

And we will have another one. You cannot retain antibodies to C19 beyond about 8-12 weeks - therefore you can catch it again and again. Also makes it almost impossible to vaccinate a population unless you coordinate the inoculation of the entire population and keep the boarders shut forever.

Not a political issue! It's a health crisis!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5300 on: July 20, 2020, 04:21:01 PM »
Its a political issue my friend.
Labors incompetence fuelled the 2nd wave.
Its Labors incompetence that will leave this state bankrupted again. They went all in that property would continue to provide billions in stamp duty. Victoria is stuffed because Labor and their dodgy union mates negotiated huge contracts for projects and huge wages for bludgers acting as lollypop people. Its a disgrace. Labor is the Pitts. Its time to Bring back Jeff Kennett.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5301 on: July 20, 2020, 04:57:37 PM »
Its Labors incompetence that will leave this state bankrupted again. They went all in that property would continue to provide billions in stamp duty. Victoria is stuffed because Labor and their dodgy union mates negotiated huge contracts for projects and huge wages for bludgers acting as lollypop people. Its a disgrace. Labor is the Pitts. Its time to Bring back Jeff Kennett.

What would a Link government have done differently? Specifically.

Remember JK sold our utilities to achieve a surplus. Like chopping the head off the golden egg laying goose...

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5302 on: July 20, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »

Yeah we get it. Labor bad, Dan Andrews bad.

But WTF is the alternative? The Victorian Libs are woefully unprepared for government.

Time to get behind the Victorian Government and wait for the election to have your say.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5303 on: July 20, 2020, 06:22:57 PM »
The libs atleast wont engage in profligate spending with money that doesnt exist.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5304 on: July 20, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »
The libs atleast wont engage in profligate spending with money that doesnt exist.

Just like the Federal government is doing. Only worse.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5305 on: July 21, 2020, 07:33:04 AM »
You and your labor mates completely support jobkeeper and those schemes. Indeed your mob wanted more money for these schemes. The money that has been spent has meant Australian families have been able to get through this period. Atleast no money has been wasted on pink batt schemes, cash for clunkers and dodgy portables for schools lol.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5306 on: July 21, 2020, 12:30:07 PM »
Yes its a health issue Andy, ONLY cause its suits now as its the andrews led government who has completely stuffed things up in this state. Remember the bashing  scomo received went to hawaii for a few days.  :lol

scomos leadership and the schemes put in place have been exactly what is required.

Todays job keeper 2.0 cannot be faulted. Would like to see more stimulus to sectors harder hit like hospitality, aviation etc though i suspect thats on its way.

Overall Scomo is leading by example which is what you want him to do, not commission failed schemes which cost lives.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5307 on: July 21, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »
Imagine if Scotty from Marketing was the Victorian premier. He would have fancy names for things but would be prone to prioritise going on holidays or going to see his beloved bum sniffers in action.

well if he were premier i would say the adf would have been used, and subsequently less deaths.

thats if those things actually concern you

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5308 on: July 21, 2020, 01:11:02 PM »
Yes its a health issue Andy, ONLY cause its suits now as its the andrews led government who has completely stuffed things up in this state. Remember the bashing  scomo received went to hawaii for a few days.  :lol

scomos leadership and the schemes put in place have been exactly what is required.

Todays job keeper 2.0 cannot be faulted. Would like to see more stimulus to sectors harder hit like hospitality, aviation etc though i suspect thats on its way.

Overall Scomo is leading by example which is what you want him to do, not commission failed schemes which cost lives.

I think him being here is great, and it's good leadership. He should have come back sooner when things escalated or not gone at all.

I also don't believe C19 is a reason to go on a political witch hunt and I don't blame Andrews for what happening with C19 currently.

Make sense?

And also, at face value, I support the new changes to the doll and jobkeeper etc.

As an essential worker (healthcare) I have literally received F all in assistance aside from some discounted Nando's, some coffees from Macca's and a new pair of work shoes from Baata. My fiance lost her job as part of C19 cuts but isn't eligible for jobkeeper so we have been on one income for about 3 months now, with 3 kids and no child support for the oldest 2 who are my step kids because their dad is 'out of work' again despite also being an essential worker himself (sparky).

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5309 on: July 21, 2020, 01:39:06 PM »

You say it cannot be faulted but then go on to outline the improvements you would like to see.