Author Topic: 2011 Draw [merged]  (Read 14493 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2011 Draw - R1 Carlton, R2 Gold Coast [merged]
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Typical we have to play the new team first. Lets hope we thrash them and not be a nail biter like the Fremantle game

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
Typical we have to play the new team first. Lets hope we thrash them and not be a nail biter like the Fremantle game

I'll take any win in the first two matches rather than waiting 10 weeks like this season. :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »

I'll take any win in the first two matches rather than waiting 10 weeks like this season. :thumbsup

Have to agree there!  :yep

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 2011 Draw [merged]
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
According to RFC_Official on BF:

We have 1 game in Cairns, 1 game in Darwin and will be fighting tooth and nail to get every home game at the MCG, but realistically we might have one at Etihad.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19242385&postcount=6

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »

We have 1 game in Cairns, 1 game in Darwin and will be fighting tooth and nail to get every home game at the MCG, but realistically we might have one at Etihad.

And that result if you're selling home games interstate is totally unacceptable and members should be dusgusted

But hey that's what you get when you make deals with the devil
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »

And that result if you're selling home games interstate is totally unacceptable and members should be dusgusted

But hey that's what you get when you make deals with the devil

We had 3 home games at Etihad this year so next year if we sell 2 interstate, only have 1 left at Etihad, and the Melbourne-based members get 2 compensatory games then is it that much worse than this year - or even better maybe, all things considered?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
We had 3 home games at Etihad this year so next year if we sell 2 interstate, only have 1 left at Etihad, and the Melbourne-based members get 2 compensatory games then is it that much worse than this year - or even better maybe, all things considered?

smokey my issue is 2 fold:

Firstly, last week they were saying they'd be pushing hard for our 9 homes games to be at the MCG and they were confident of that

Now they are saying we'll still be pushing hard but we are likely to have a home game at Etihad - that's a cop out IMHO. If the AFL want us to the be the guinea pig for their Cairns push then we deserve all our home games at the MCG and that's what should have been in the agreement that we signed - clearly it wasn't.

My 2nd issue is that I have always been against selling home games -have made no secret that is my view. I understand appreciate selling games means members in other states have the option of seeing the Tigers live and I nderstand the $$ involved. But at end of the day (and this will sound harsh and I suppose selfish) but I pay alot and I mean alot of money for my memberships (and yes I have more than 1) and for the money I hand over I want all home games in Melb. The compensation aspect doesn't make up for it completely because although I get into a replacement game(s) I don't get to sit in my reserve seat in the area I always do and then I look over to that area and my seats are empty - great compensation that.  

ANd when the draw finally comes out, let's see on top of our 2 interstate trips for HOME games how many more times they make us travel

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »

smokey my issue is 2 fold:

Firstly, last week they were saying they'd be pushing hard for our 9 homes games to be at the MCG and they were confident of that

Now they are saying we'll still be pushing hard but we are likely to have a home game at Etihad - that's a cop out IMHO. If the AFL want us to the be the guinea pig for their Cairns push then we deserve all our home games at the MCG and that's what should have been in the agreement that we signed - clearly it wasn't.

My 2nd issue is that I have always been against selling home games -have made no secret that is my view. I understand appreciate selling games means members in other states have the option of seeing the Tigers live and I nderstand the $$ involved. But at end of the day (and this will sound harsh and I suppose selfish) but I pay alot and I mean alot of money for my memberships (and yes I have more than 1) and for the money I hand over I want all home games in Melb. The compensation aspect doesn't make up for it completely because although I get into a replacement game(s) I don't get to sit in my reserve seat in the area I always do and then I look over to that area and my seats are empty - great compensation that.  

ANd when the draw finally comes out, let's see on top of our 2 interstate trips for HOME games how many more times they make us travel

Yep, fair enough WP.  I guess it's a bit different looking through the eyes of a supporter who buys a membership but lives interstate (any state) - the 'actual' full benefits of membership don't necessarily apply to us.  I have no issue with the travel involved in selling games - to me that's just part of the 'harden up and learn' process but I hear your points.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 10:41:43 PM »
The make-up home games at the 'G change things for those members with reserved seats.

It won't surprise me if we are still left with Eithad home game(s). The childish way Andy D changed our MCG home game against the Saints to the Dome because Caro blabbed sums up how we get treated as a club when it comes to the fixture. Gary March isn't one to kick up a fuss either in the media unlike an Eddie or Jeff. The only way we can change the existing order is to starting winning and packing out stadia.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
Gold Coast to play their first game at the redeveloped Carrara in round 10.

Look at the Demetriou's list of "high-drawing Victorian teams"  ???

"We are still working through the fixture process but the opponent for the Gold Coast Suns will be a high-drawing Victorian team - likely to be Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Western Bulldogs or St Kilda," Demetriou said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103906/default.aspx

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »
He would have left us out since we are already playing the Cairns game. I don't take his list as saying we are not high-drawing. Having said that I don't understand how he can class the Bulldogs as high-drawing. You're lucky if there's enough to form a 'pack' at any games when you play them.  ;D He is a real dick at times.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 02:35:16 PM »
He left carltank out too lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
2011 draw will be released on Oct 29.

Pies fan on BF reckons we are playing Collingwood twice next year.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 08:07:29 PM »
Fine with me. Double the chance to stick it up 'em.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »
2011 draw will be released on Oct 29.

Pies fan on BF reckons we are playing Collingwood twice next year.

I am more interested in knowing if the AFL are going to stitch us up regarding interstate away games  >:(