Author Topic: Any All-Australian Tigers this year?  (Read 3621 times)

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Any All-Australian Tigers this year?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
Dylan Grimes

If he doesn’t make it the selectors really haven’t got a clue about defence.

Since 2017 Grimes hasn’t been beaten.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 08:10:55 PM »
Having another great season and showing the world just how versatile he is as a defender. Should be a lock
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »
I have a lot of love for Grimes. Very proud to see this man put on the tigers jumper

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 12:36:20 AM »
Why Tiger is a ‘no-brainer’ for All-Australian

Chris Cavanagh,
Herald Sun
2 Aug 2019

Perpetually underrated Richmond defender Dylan Grimes is a “no-brainer” for this year’s All-Australian side according to his coach, as the premiership player continues to rack up some staggering statistics.

Grimes, who has never polled a Brownlow Medal vote, was part of the initial All-Australian squad of 40 players last year before being left out of the final side.

But Tigers coach Damien Hardwick has turned the heat on All-Australian selectors to pick Grimes this year given his performance in the absence of injured teammate Alex Rance.

“I’d have him in every year,” Hardwick said.

“I sit there and I get to see him forensically on a weekly basis and I know that if I put him on a player, that’s a job done for me.

“His ability to win contests, his ability to control the backline has really improved this year with Alex taking a step out of the side. But he’s an incredible talent, outstanding leader, outstanding person. So for me it’s a no-brainer.”

A mid-sized defender at 193cm, Grimes has again shown an ability to play tall and small this year, with opponents including Adelaide’s Eddie Betts, Port Adelaide’s Robbie Gray, Geelong’s Tom Hawkins and Collingwood’s Mason Cox.

Grimes has had just four goals kicked on him since Round 9 and, according to Champion Data, has lost only two of 21 one-on-one contests since Richmond’s Round 14 bye.

“He should have been in the All-Australian last year and definitely has to be a lock this year,” Brisbane Lions great Jonathon Brown said on Fox Footy this week.

Grimes has missed just one game this year through suspension and is averaging career-best numbers for rebound-50s (3.1 a game), intercept marks (2.4 a game) and intercept possessions (7.2 a game).

The 28-year-old has lost just 16.4 per cent of defensive one-on-one contests this year, significantly fewer than other top-rated key defenders in Brisbane’s Harris Andrews (26.8 per cent), West Coast’s Tom Barrass (24 per cent), Carlton’s Liam Jones (27.8 per cent) and Geelong’s Mark Blicavs (18.6 per cent).

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmonds-dylan-grimes-a-nobrainer-for-allaustralian-side-says-coach-damien-hardwick/news-story/6de511fb78000c506be6ac99f2f5d84e

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
Not bad from butters

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
Dylan Grimes

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 10:13:28 AM »
Grimes is a lock in. Maybe dusty on the bench. Prestia, shed, Lynch possible members of the squad

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
Surely lynch for being able to carry a forward line. Dusty on the bench and grimes has to be given the nod

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
Surely lynch for being able to carry a forward line. Dusty on the bench and grimes has to be given the nod

My thoughts also. Lynch's form post-bye will make him a lock.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »
While his post-bye form has been great, I can only see Lynch getting the AA team if he won the Coleman. He's still a chance given Cameron will miss the next couple of games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 12:42:21 AM »
Kane Cornes now has both Grimes (BP) and Dusty (int) in his rolling AA team on the Sunday Footy Show.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
I'd reckon Shane Edwards must be a serious chance again.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »
All-Australian candidates - Richmond

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
21 Aug 2019

Dylan Grimes
As an attacking key back, Grimes is now in the position of forcing opponents to come to him, rather than the other way around. Intercepts at will and is the fulcrum of Richmond's defence.

Bachar Houli
Has had a very consistent season and is in career-best form at the age of 31. Houli is averaging 28 disposals and five rebound 50s off half-back from 18 games this year.

Tom Lynch (One-time All Australian)
May not make the cut for the final side but is currently sitting third in the Coleman medal with 53 goals for the year. Has been a strong focal point up forward and excellent in the wet.

Dustin Martin (Three-time All Australian)
After a relatively slow start to the year, Martin has hit full-steam and is in excellent touch. Hasn't hit the scoreboard much but is averaging 27 touches and has had several match-winning games.

Dion Prestia
Arguably Prestia's best season of his career. An uninterrupted pre-season has done wonders, with the inside midfielder averaging 27 touches, seven score involvements and five clearances a game.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-21/old-stagers-or-fresh-faces-your-clubs-all-australian-contenders