Author Topic: Wallace on Footy Classified - 23/6  (Read 3624 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Wallace on Footy Classified - 23/6
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »
Yep got the impression that kids are that kids and they have time on their side. Garry tried to grill him slightly on the progress of Danny Meyer and JON as first round draftees and Terry was just as adamant saying all clubs have failed in first choice selections and that in the case of JON he was only 20 years of age. Exactly the kids will be at Punt Rd next year no doubt judging on the context of the interview. Fact that we won in Adelaide against a team we have struggled with over there made the air more ambient and light and hence there was no pressure on Terry and hence the panel was not in a mood to send a bloke to the gallows.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »
Hutchy saying "Mark Williams snub of Joel Bowden"
Williams didn't give Joel any votes in the coaches votes. Sour grapes  :wallywink.
Only two Tigers received votes...

Hughes 7 votes
Joel 5 (all from Wallace)
The other 3 were Port players (Brogan, Motlop and someone else).
They only show the Top 5
There weren't 30 votes listed there as Hughes was the top with 7, it must have been fairly spread out

Indeed.  Footyheads usually posts the full votes ( used to at least) but yes seems a well spread amount.  I'd be interested to see the full votes as to who were Mark Williams top 5/  :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »
Sour grapes by Chocco. Remember in 2003 the week Captain Blood passed away and we played Port on the Sunday at the Dome. After they beat us he instructed the Port players not to sing the song after their win claiming that they didn't need to after beating teams of the ilk of us. As if victory against the Tigers were a God given right, That's why I was so satisfied in watching him try and justify his teams failure in 2003 especially after the same thing occurred in 2002 when they finished top and Sydney beat them in their home Qualifying final and then The Skunks in the Prelim. Hated it when they won the flag in 2004 and ruined what would have been a wonderful achievement by the Lions even though pound for pound they probably were better than Brissie who merely knew how to win under finals pressure.

Obviously losing hurt but the fact that it was us and it was us that ended his teams run this season hurt a lot more and obviously he has some huge disrespect of for us as a club or a team and it shows whenever we beat them. Let it be a lesson to him and his footy club to be humble in victory and let him be more acknowledging of other teams. Here's to some more wins against the Bogans in the future especially if all these kids development starts fast tracking and we become more competitive and dangerous. More pain for you and your mob Chocco. :lol

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »
Sour grapes by Chocco. Remember in 2003 the week Captain Blood passed away and we played Port on the Sunday at the Dome. After they beat us he instructed the Port players not to sing the song after their win claiming that they didn't need to after beating teams of the ilk of us. As if victory against the Tigers were a God given right, That's why I was so satisfied in watching him try and justify his teams failure in 2003 especially after the same thing occurred in 2002 when they finished top and Sydney beat them in their home Qualifying final and then The Skunks in the Prelim. Hated it when they won the flag in 2004 and ruined what would have been a wonderful achievement by the Lions even though pound for pound they probably were better than Brissie who merely knew how to win under finals pressure.

Obviously losing hurt but the fact that it was us and it was us that ended his teams run this season hurt a lot more and obviously he has some huge disrespect of for us as a club or a team and it shows whenever we beat them. Let it be a lesson to him and his footy club to be humble in victory and let him be more acknowledging of other teams. Here's to some more wins against the Bogans in the future especially if all these kids development starts fast tracking and we become more competitive and dangerous. More pain for you and your mob Chocco. :lol

Love it.  :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 08:47:15 AM »
Terry's neck scares me.   :lol

:rollin

I noticed his neck too - very red and veiny!  :-X

I learnt nothing new from the interview. TW was able to answer every question as he wanted and sometimes his replies didn't even appear to be answering the question at all. I am impressed by his devotion to his plan and the kids in general. Will be interesting to see who is delisted considering this at years end.

Stripes

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
Garry tried to grill him slightly on the progress of Danny Meyer and JON as first round draftees and Terry was just as adamant saying all clubs have failed in first choice selections and that in the case of JON he was only 20 years of age.

The reason why we get grilled more than others is because of our situation we need every single draft pick to make it.

The Hawks don't get grilled over Dowler, the Cats over Tenace, the Dogs over Wight, the Pies over Egan because the teams are performing well and have done for the last 2 years.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
Caro said afterwards that talk of getting rid of Wallace this year was stupid. There's still problems down at that club but Terry isn't one of them. She said "the club is rebuilding its soul".

Yeah she waffled something about not being at "war" with Miller. The problem in Caro's view was/has been the recruiting which Miller was in charge in and now he isn't  :-\ and therefore the war that she isn't having has been WON  ::)

I also thought that Tezza's reply about kids needing at least 4 years in the system was a good one. Hopefully takes the pressure off some of the kids. Along with pointing our JON's just turned 20, he threw Lids in there too saying he's just turned 21 - now that is scary  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »
"the club is rebuilding its soul" - Caroline Wilson

that is spot on. great quote and so very true.

:)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
Sour grapes by Chocco.
I'm sorry but it's not sour grapes. You can all circle jerk over Bowden's game as much as you like. The fact is for all his disposals, he wasn't that damaging. I doubt any club would trade for Bowden, he'd be a PSD selection at best.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 02:52:42 PM »
Sour grapes by Chocco.
I'm sorry but it's not sour grapes. You can all circle jerk over Bowden's game as much as you like. The fact is for all his disposals, he wasn't that damaging. I doubt any club would trade for Bowden, he'd be a PSD selection at best.

infamy

I actually think that your case would have been better served in Williams had given Joel 3 or 2 votes, but to give him ZERO surely says more about him and his attitude to being beaten by a team that he clearly doesn't rate, than it does about Joel's game.

The fact that the panel raised it even before the votes were given surely puts it into perspective - it was a bizarre non-vote. How could anybody have three Port players ahead of him, and give Brogan top votes in a losing side?

As to to your comment about trade value - you could say that about virtually all 30 year old players, doesn't make them any less valuable to their current club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 04:12:47 PM »
Sour grapes by Chocco.

infamy

I actually think that your case would have been better served in Williams had given Joel 3 or 2 votes, but to give him ZERO surely says more about him and his attitude to being beaten by a team that he clearly doesn't rate, than it does about Joel's game.

The fact that the panel raised it even before the votes were given surely puts it into perspective - it was a bizarre non-vote. How could anybody have three Port players ahead of him, and give Brogan top votes in a losing side?

As to to your comment about trade value - you could say that about virtually all 30 year old players, doesn't make them any less valuable to their current club.
I'm sorry, but I just can't agree, if you simply don't rate a player who plays unaccountable football in defence then it doesn't matter how many disposals and marks he gets, you still don't have to rate it.
Personally I'd have given Bowden 1 or 2 votes, but that's it

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 06:40:50 PM »

And has been since GM/TW came on the scene - not that Caro would ever ever admit to that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »

And has been since GM/TW came on the scene - not that Caro would ever ever admit to that.

Soldier Caro would admit Terry has but not her enemy and war combatant G MIller  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
yep Caro loves the forums ;D  dont ya Caro  ;D