Author Topic: Wallace on Footy Classified - 23/6  (Read 3623 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace on Footy Classified - 23/6
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 01:21:04 AM »
Sour grapes by Chocco. Remember in 2003 the week Captain Blood passed away and we played Port on the Sunday at the Dome. After they beat us he instructed the Port players not to sing the song after their win claiming that they didn't need to after beating teams of the ilk of us. As if victory against the Tigers were a God given right, That's why I was so satisfied in watching him try and justify his teams failure in 2003 especially after the same thing occurred in 2002 when they finished top and Sydney beat them in their home Qualifying final and then The Skunks in the Prelim. Hated it when they won the flag in 2004 and ruined what would have been a wonderful achievement by the Lions even though pound for pound they probably were better than Brissie who merely knew how to win under finals pressure.

Obviously losing hurt but the fact that it was us and it was us that ended his teams run this season hurt a lot more and obviously he has some huge disrespect of for us as a club or a team and it shows whenever we beat them. Let it be a lesson to him and his footy club to be humble in victory and let him be more acknowledging of other teams. Here's to some more wins against the Bogans in the future especially if all these kids development starts fast tracking and we become more competitive and dangerous. More pain for you and your mob Chocco. :lol

;D

Yep never forget Williams saying before that game in 2003 that training was more value to them than playing us. Well whenever you mouth off something stupid and disrespectful it eventually comes back to bite ya  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace on Footy Classified - 23/6
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 08:31:11 AM »
Sour grapes by Chocco.
I'm sorry but it's not sour grapes. You can all circle jerk over Bowden's game as much as you like. The fact is for all his disposals, he wasn't that damaging. I doubt any club would trade for Bowden, he'd be a PSD selection at best.

infamy

I actually think that your case would have been better served in Williams had given Joel 3 or 2 votes, but to give him ZERO surely says more about him and his attitude to being beaten by a team that he clearly doesn't rate, than it does about Joel's game.

The fact that the panel raised it even before the votes were given surely puts it into perspective - it was a bizarre non-vote. How could anybody have three Port players ahead of him, and give Brogan top votes in a losing side?

As to to your comment about trade value - you could say that about virtually all 30 year old players, doesn't make them any less valuable to their current club.
I'm sorry, but I just can't agree, if you simply don't rate a player who plays unaccountable football in defence then it doesn't matter how many disposals and marks he gets, you still don't have to rate it.
Personally I'd have given Bowden 1 or 2 votes, but that's it

If the coach tells you play as an offensive half back and you then get 39 disposals of which half I'd say were not chips around the back line, the result is still about 20 possessions that were very damaging how have you not done your job, its not his decision how he plays, its how Tezza tells him how and where to play.

Bowden set up some simply first class forward thrusts last week, no other player could've done it better than he did, simply on fire, he didn't even miss a target.  :clapping
EAT EM ALIVE!