Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237527 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: the footy show
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
and richmond were fined for slary cap breaches in 1996, but what year did theses occur?.

In more recent times there is the ben holland court case which has raised concerns about possible salary cap breaches?

i wouldnt think this investigation is over?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2010, 01:43:55 AM »
[Waldron] had started in football at Richmond, working his way through the recruiting and development ranks before leaving in 1997.

He had left in acrimonious circumstances, aligned with Mal Brown in dealings that snared Paul Broderick and Michael Gale from Fitzroy but were seen to be undermining Tigers president Leon Daphne. A bitter struggle eventuated and Waldron was forced out.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/club-chief-has-history-of-acrimonious-departures-20100422-tfyb.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL checks Waldron at Saints (Age)
« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2010, 02:06:06 AM »
AFL checks Waldron at Saints
CAROLINE WILSON
April 23, 2010

THE AFL will investigate St Kilda players' contracts during Brian Waldron's stewardship of that club from 2002 until 2004.

The Age understands investigator Ken Wood interviewed Waldron in 2003 over the Saints' departed ruckman Peter Everitt, who demanded more than $100,000 from his former club as he tried to recover money from his old contract. The Everitt case is expected to be looked at again.

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou last night confirmed that Wood, who is currently on leave, and football operations boss Adrian Anderson would approach the Saints in a bid to clarify any possible discrepancies that might have taken place during Waldron's time as CEO at Moorabbin.

Everitt had joined Hawthorn on a new three-year deal in 2003 when he claimed he had relinquished a significant amount of money from his old club several years earlier when he renegotiated and extended his agreement with the Saints. His bid proved fruitless but raised the eyebrows of the AFL's investigating team which did not uncover any salary cap discrepancies at the time.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-checks-waldron-at-saints-20100422-tfyo.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:59 AM »
what years was waldron at Richmond?

1991 to 1997 Al.  Started off as Development Manager and finished up as CEO.

Fortunately for us he never held the position of CEO of the Tigers. His positions at the RFC were only ever footy related, recruiting & player development
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »
what years was waldron at Richmond?

1991 to 1997 Al.  Started off as Development Manager and finished up as CEO.

Fortunately for us he never held the position of CEO of the Tigers. His positions at the RFC were only ever footy related, recruiting & player development

Sorry WP, I got my info from a website that I found last night so went back this morning to check the info.  Here's what I got this morning:

"Speaker Details

We are sorry but this speaker's details are not currently available on this website. You might like to go to the search page to further refine your search or it may be that the speaker you are looking for is not listed on our site. If you feel that is the case then please contact Saxton on +61 3 9811 3500 or email us at speakers@saxton.com.au."

http://www.saxton.com.au/default.asp?sd8=3471

:lol :rollin :lol

Edit:  And yes, you are correct - he finished up as General Manager, Football Operations.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: April 29, 2010, 09:31:17 PM »
I wonder what stunning relevations Hutchy and Barrett will have about Richmond or Cuz tonight  ::).

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #426 on: April 29, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
I wonder what stunning relevations Hutchy and Barrett will have about Richmond or Cuz tonight  ::).

I know that Knights is in the firing line at Essendon. Heard a rumour Essendon have approached Chocco who has a get out clause in his contract to come and coach the club in 2011. Next board meeting at WIndy Hill will be huge especially if the Dons go down to us at dreamtime. COaching panel of Scott Burns James Hird and a few others. :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #427 on: April 29, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
Well Lyon and Brayshaw are claiming a coach's contract isn't all it's made up to be. Knighter?

They're also claiming a big name NRL player is apparently talking to an AFL club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #428 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »
Probably will be Cuz being caught giving Slater, Inglis and Folau sleeping tablets so they sign with Richmond.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #429 on: April 29, 2010, 10:02:25 PM »
Hutchy reckons Folau is seriously considering signing with GWS on $3m for 3 years.

Folau contacted the AFL after being impressed with what Karmichael Hunt is doing.

He's done all the testing with the AFL (with John McCartney?).

He grew up in Western Sydney as a kid but has never played Aussie Rules before.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »
I know that Knights is in the firing line at Essendon. Heard a rumour Essendon have approached Chocco who has a get out clause in his contract to come and coach the club in 2011. Next board meeting at WIndy Hill will be huge especially if the Dons go down to us at dreamtime. COaching panel of Scott Burns James Hird and a few others. :thumbsup
It is Knights. New Bomber Prez saying there's performance based clauses in Knighter's contract. Hutchy saying par this year was meant to be finals  :wallywink.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Defensive KPI'S are what Knighter is being measured on. In 2008 he pitched to the board that he has a defensive structure in place and it will take the longest time to implement. Board is getting very restless especially as the Bombers in all the time Knighter has been coach have leaked plenty of goals in run ons. All this came to a head originally after dreamtime at the G in 2008. Obviously with their results this year defensive KPI's are nowhere near what Knighter pitched to the board two years ago let alone where the board want them to be.  Chocco has already been contacted with regards to taking over full time in 2011. Unsure if Knighter goes during the season who takes over. Board don't want him and want to run with a Chocco and Hird coaching ticket from next year.

Have heard he may be gone after dreamtime if the Bombers drop the game to us.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
The Bombers demise has been a while coming, Knighter is about to carry the can.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2010, 10:44:17 PM »
Didn't their former CEO claim top 4 was the aim by 2010 back in 2008  :wallywink.

Are they going to pay Knighter out his remaining 2.5 years?

As for Folau going to GWS it's hard to believe anything Hutchy or Barrett say after the crap about Cuz. Poor Aussie Rules hater Roy Masters up in Sydney will have a heart attack if it is true :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: April 29, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
Didn't their former CEO claim top 4 was the aim by 2010 back in 2008  :wallywink.

Are they going to pay Knighter out his remaining 2.5 years?

Fair chance of it.
I think the Bombers are still entirely deluded about how good they are. The Williams recruitment was indicative of it.
Yes they made the 8 last year but it may as well have been 9th. They are miles away.
Reminds me of us a few years back.