Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237768 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: the footy show
« Reply #735 on: August 14, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
When's talkback?  I want to ring in and abuse the poo out of Barrett.
You can twitter him  ;)

http://twitter.com/barrettdamian
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio on the Footy Show tonight
« Reply #736 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Just a heads up that Lids will be on the Footy Show panel tonight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #737 on: August 18, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
Lids apparently cut Sam off in the Ch 9 car park lol. By the way Lids say you're driving a Jeep to keep the sponsor happy :yep.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #738 on: August 25, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
It's Barrett so it's most likely garbage but he reckons Melbourne have offered Clarkson a 6 year contract to leave Hawthorn. I would've thought long-term coaching contracts were dead as it's too big a risk.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt on the footy show tonight.
« Reply #739 on: September 01, 2011, 09:36:33 PM »
Jack is on the panel tonight.

Barrett will have "breaking news" about another betting scandal.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #740 on: September 08, 2011, 10:09:37 PM »
Great vision of someone familiar giving it to the umps big time from the cheer squad last Sunday  :lol :rollin.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #741 on: September 08, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »
Great vision of someone familiar giving it to the umps big time from the cheer squad last Sunday  :lol :rollin.

...And you wonder why I hate 'em so much. You see how riled up they get me? :banghead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #742 on: September 08, 2011, 11:19:37 PM »
LMAO that was awesome :bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #743 on: September 08, 2011, 11:47:04 PM »

...And you wonder why I hate 'em so much. You see how riled up they get me? :banghead
I don't blame you RR as it was pathetic umpiring but that vision is funny stuff  ;D  :bow  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #744 on: September 09, 2011, 01:50:54 AM »
From BF (re: Barrett not having a clue!):

"Went to the footy show taping tonight (dad got some tickets through a client) and after the show had finished I saw Damien barrett standing off to the side so I approached him an he was surprisingly friendly (shook my hand and asked my name). I asked him whether he knew anything of Deledio and gws, he responded surprised saying he hadn't heard anything and I mentioned how there was a report earlier in the year that his management had been approached and then he started asking who his management were etc and actually had a meaningful discussion without blowing me off. Point is he responded saying he'd look into it and was very intrigued an commented "but gee don't u reckon he'd be a great fit at gws" then looked at me (had my guernsy on) and he laughed and said "obviously u don't think that", I responded saying he bleeds yellow and black and re signed with us during our darkest times then barrett simply chuckled and rubbed his fingers and said money talks."

More non-Richmond stuff at: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22189574&postcount=1

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #745 on: September 09, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »

"Went to the footy show taping tonight (dad got some tickets through a client) and after the show had finished I saw Damien barrett standing off to the side so I approached him an he was surprisingly friendly (shook my hand and asked my name). I asked him whether he knew anything of Deledio and gws, he responded surprised saying he hadn't heard anything and I mentioned how there was a report earlier in the year that his management had been approached and then he started asking who his management were etc and actually had a meaningful discussion without blowing me off. Point is he responded saying he'd look into it and was very intrigued an commented "but gee don't u reckon he'd be a great fit at gws" then looked at me (had my guernsy on) and he laughed and said "obviously u don't think that", I responded saying he bleeds yellow and black and re signed with us during our darkest times then barrett simply chuckled and rubbed his fingers and said money talks."

More non-Richmond stuff at: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22189574&postcount=1

Lids has been apart of arguably the most unsuccessful era of a club that looks finally to be getting out of the darkness.

Would he really want to go through another 3-4 years of no finals for extra $?

I seriously doubt it. GWS and GC will take 3 seasons each before they play finals and probably 2-3 seasons in top 8 before a premiership window is likely. Thats 6 seasons. Deledio will be in his 30s when a premiership comes around.

Who knows maybe they are closer than we are?
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #746 on: September 10, 2011, 12:00:28 AM »

Lids has been apart of arguably the most unsuccessful era of a club that looks finally to be getting out of the darkness.

Would he really want to go through another 3-4 years of no finals for extra $?

I seriously doubt it. GWS and GC will take 3 seasons each before they play finals and probably 2-3 seasons in top 8 before a premiership window is likely. Thats 6 seasons. Deledio will be in his 30s when a premiership comes around.

Who knows maybe they are closer than we are?
The Club is hoping the environment we are creating will keep Lids at Punt Rd - ie. a promising young group, new elite facilities, being a leader at the Club, etc. He's not to badly paid either which was a point Craig Cameron mentioned at the Fan Forum. No doubt they are also counting on the thought of playing another 3-4 years in a bottom side such as GWS will be a deterent. The Club is of course still on the 3 finals in 3 years wishlist which will help keep our best young players. I think most of those who have chased the cash of the new franchises (especially GWS) have come from bottom clubs. A porthole into the future with free agency.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #747 on: September 29, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
The "I don't like Mondays" parody was some of their best work  :lol. Ricky is in the audience too lol.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #748 on: September 29, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »
The "I don't like Mondays" parody was some of their best work  :lol. Ricky is in the audience too lol.

Was clearly the best song out of that opening montage. All the others were quite stupid.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #749 on: September 29, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »

Was clearly the best song out of that opening montage. All the others were quite stupid.
Yep Tucky the rest of the opening was ordinary. The "I don't like (Ricky in) undies" parody saved it in the end.

No sign of Scooter yet with the wrong goss.