Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 237526 times)

dwaino

Re: the footy show
« Reply #1005 on: March 14, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
The annual 'Lyon and Brayshaw show off their clubs' first round draft picks' segment was on just before. The only time the Dees and North get any attention lol.

Happy for the Floss to fly under the media radar and just focus on his footy.

Can't stand this show. Apparently the C9 owners in Sydney don't rate the show at all, hoping it ends up going down the toilet. I was flicking through the stations and got onto the Footy Show and thought I'd watch it. It looked like Lyon was going to do his own ladder and I immediately lost any interest and agreed to watch My Kitchen Rules with the missus that we recorded earlier tonight.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1006 on: March 14, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »
The annual 'Lyon and Brayshaw show off their clubs' first round draft picks' segment was on just before. The only time the Dees and North get any attention lol.

Can't stand this show. Apparently the C9 owners in Sydney don't rate the show at all, hoping it ends up going down the toilet. I was flicking through the stations and got onto the Footy Show and thought I'd watch it. It looked like Lyon was going to do his own ladder and I immediately lost any interest and agreed to watch My Kitchen Rules with the missus that we recorded earlier tonight.

Had us 10th and carltank 9th
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1007 on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »

Me too dwaino. :thumbsup

Then it finished and saw The Hairy Malaka's ladder.

I think both Sam and THM are way off with some teams.

Jobs for the boys, favours for the mates.

Hawthorn will be lucky to be a top 6 side this year..... :shh

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1008 on: March 14, 2013, 10:49:10 PM »
The annual 'Lyon and Brayshaw show off their clubs' first round draft picks' segment was on just before.

And let me guess, Brayshaw would be introducing player X as an 'abolute superstar', as he does for everyone irrespective of their lack of achievements or relevance.

The man is a hand shandy, plain and simple. Lyon not far behind.

Exactly. Irrelevant opinions from C-Grade AFL identities trying to pass themselves off as likeable and quirky entertainers, based on a 1990s TV format. Nuke from orbit.

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1009 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:28 PM »
Been that way since Eddie & the Collingwood Show.
Just an unfunny, shallow vessel for egos to push their agendas.
Thank god there are so many more football media options these days.
Can't wait for Ch9 and TFS to go to the sword. It's coming..

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1010 on: March 14, 2013, 11:51:12 PM »

He must have got his ladder off Matty Lloyd. The problem with all these predictions is they are based too much the season before and they ignore history which says almost every year since the final 8 has been in place that there are at least two changes from the year before which includes one side shooting up the ladder out of nowhere and one side unexpectedly crashing out of the Eight altogether. From memory last year had 3 changes from 2011 - Adel, Freo and North in; Carl, St K and Ess out. The Crows came out of nowhere while Carlton crashed out despite all the pundits predicting they would finish top 4. Hopefully we are the ones that jump up in 2013  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1011 on: March 15, 2013, 01:29:56 AM »

He must have got his ladder off Matty Lloyd. The problem with all these predictions is they are based too much the season before and they ignore history which says almost every year since the final 8 has been in place that there are at least two changes from the year before which includes one side shooting up the ladder out of nowhere and one side unexpectedly crashing out of the Eight altogether. From memory last year had 3 changes from 2011 - Adel, Freo and North in; Carl, St K and Ess out. The Crows came out of nowhere while Carlton crashed out despite all the pundits predicting they would finish top 4. Hopefully we are the ones that jump up in 2013  :pray.

Had Bummers 12th. Anyone been over to bummerblitz yet? In fairness if I was a neutral I wouldn't have us top 8.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: March 15, 2013, 05:41:14 AM »

Me too dwaino. :thumbsup

Then it finished and saw The Hairy Malaka's ladder.

I think both Sam and THM are way off with some teams.

Hawthorn will be lucky to be a top 6 side this year..... :shh
THM  :rollin

The comedy gold is in this thread  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1013 on: March 15, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »
Been that way since Eddie & the Collingwood Show.
Just an unfunny, shallow vessel for egos to push their agendas.
Thank god there are so many more football media options these days.
Can't wait for Ch9 and TFS to go to the sword. It's coming..

Fully agree.  Very unfunny and uninformative show.  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #1014 on: March 15, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
Gameday on 7 a much better show

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1015 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »
I miss the old firm.

Dyer,Richards,Davis,Whitten.

The NRL  Footy show is better than our show imho.

The West Tigers bloke on that show is a pee-er and Fatty is a character as is the fat bloke who sits at the back.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1016 on: March 15, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
I miss the old firm.

The Cronulla Sharks bloke on that show is a peeer and Fatty is a character as is the fat bloke who sits at the back.
EFA he changed teams.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1017 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:49 PM »
I miss the old firm.

The West Tigers bloke on that show is a peeer and Fatty is a character as is the fat bloke who sits at the back.

Their all good except that Sheila and Leila McKinnon.

and that benji guy
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: March 15, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »
I miss the old firm.

The West Tigers bloke on that show is a peeer and Fatty is a character as is the fat bloke who sits at the back.

Beau Ryan?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1019 on: March 15, 2013, 12:51:08 PM »
I miss the old firm.

Beau Ryan?

Thats the one