Author Topic: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race  (Read 20029 times)

Ramps

Re: Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley left in RFC coaching race
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 10:14:46 AM »
to all you hardwick lovers, how do you rate his performance as an assistant this yr

some people are just at the right place at the right time and success just falls in their lap, butthis yr , when th ehawks have been tested, what has he brought to the table
hardwick, imo, is lucky and overrated

pfffft

lucky at essendon as a player
lucky at port as well
lucky at hawthorn

lots of luck everywhere ... infact to much luck for it to be just luck dont you reckon

People make there own luck and Hardwick is a proven WINNER!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »
to all you hardwick lovers, how do you rate his performance as an assistant this yr

some people are just at the right place at the right time and success just falls in their lap, butthis yr , when th ehawks have been tested, what has he brought to the table

To be honest, that's exactly what I am worried about.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »
l got informed last night that these 4 have only made it through to the next stage where other candidates who are former AFL coaches are waiting the next process.  :shh
stay tuned

If I was picking from the 4, no doubt Richardson.
Although I have heard the same as Monk.
Also if Bombers get beat this week, what about Hardwick to Essendon, Knights to Richmond :gobdrop

i too would support richo on basis he's coached his own side with good results to compliment his work as an assistant  :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »

pfffft

lucky at essendon as a player
lucky at port as well
lucky at hawthorn

lots of luck everywhere ... infact to much luck for it to be just luck dont you reckon

People make there own luck and Hardwick is a proven WINNER!

HAWKS WERE lucky, and u cannot praise hardwick for their cup, thats clarkos cup, assistants are just that!

Port, lol, if u think hardwick is the reason why they had success

Essendon, ffs, if we played in that team we would be winners too, even JON would have looked good

YOU RAMPS,  what you are saying is that hardwick is a winner only when he has winners around him guiding him!!!!!FACT!

WHAT HAS HE WON LEADING FROM THE FRONT.........NOTHING

HE IS JUST A GOOD WHEN HE HAS WINNERS CARRYING HIM, AT RFC , WE HAVE NO WINNERS, HE HAS NO IDEA AND U KNOW THAT

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 11:09:53 AM »
In reality none of the candidates have had any personal coaching success, they may have been part of the experience and assisted in elements of the process but ultimately they all are assistants. We can only speculate on their capabilities ourselves while the interview process will hopefully reveal how much input they directly had in any success they have been part of. So while Hardwick may have been part of many successful teams and cultures but he may well have been a passenger the whole journey though my feel is that, given he has gone so deep in our process and almost claimed the Bombers job, he has been a big factor in all the success he has been part of.

Stripes

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »
Ecstatic that these 4 are the last 4.

I hope the next we hear is that it is out of Hardwick, Richardson and Hinkley. I don't really have a preference there, the sounds are positive in all tree cases.

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
no they are not the last 4. They are 4 going through a stage. there are former AFL coaches in the mix which Richmond is trying to keep hush about  ;D

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »
no they are not the last 4. They are 4 going through a stage. there are former AFL coaches in the mix which Richmond is trying to keep hush about  ;D

Care to mention who other than Laidley is still in it?

If its Ayres then the process is garbage.

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 11:45:52 AM »
 ;D sorry l will let it go through the process  :shh

FooffooValve

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »
Fact is, none of us has the slightest clue who would or wouldn't be a good senior coach. Let's leave it to the experts and support whoever they appoint. Opinions are like ars...er...bottoms, everyone's got one and there is a fair bit of crap involved.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 12:07:04 PM »
;D sorry l will let it go through the process  :shh

;) :shh

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »
1:Hardwick
2:Hinkley

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

In reality none of the candidates have had any personal coaching success, they may have been part of the experience and assisted in elements of the process but ultimately they all are assistants.

Stripes

Not true Stripes.  Richardson coached East Burwood to 2 EDFL flags in '99/'00.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 01:32:53 PM »
Matthew Knights coming to Richmond is a No for exactly the same reason as alot of other candidates, no Premiership anywhere in the CV.

In effect what has been muted here today is that we TAKE ESSENDONS MISTAKE lol. ESSENDON STUFFED UP WHEN THEY TOOK KNIGHTS and DENIED HARDWICK THE JOB - AND NOW THEY REGRET IT AND WANT TO FIX IT - AND some of our supporters want us to take Matty Knights and leave HARDWICK. Thats effen stupid.

I couldn't have said it better myself Ramps, we should not want to touch Mathew Knights with a barge pole, he's going to ruin the Dons.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 02:22:52 PM »
I couldn't have said it better myself Ramps, we should not want to touch Mathew Knights with a barge pole, he's going to ruin the Dons.

Agree here.

Reckon sides have worked Essendon out. Wouldn't be surprised if Knighter is under the pump this time next year.