Author Topic: Tigers look at Miller's position - Caro  (Read 18424 times)

Life goes on

Re: Tigers look at Miller's position - Caro
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2007, 06:55:01 AM »
Ask Darren Gaspar about a Richmond contract ::)
He chose to retire because he thought he was too good for VFL level.

A contract is based on number of games played etc etc Clauses added for say over 10 games you get extra etc etc
Can tell you fact the Richmond pleaded with Gas a few years ago half way through his contract and excepted a huge pay cut, fact ;)
Yes he did and good on him at the time. It was a huge pay cut because he was on a huge salary after Freo offered him $700k a year at the end of 2001. In any case that was all before Plough came along. Whether rightly or wrongly it is 2007 and the Club and Wallace have to do what is best for our future. What is best for our future is getting games into the kids. If Thursty hadn't done his knee Gas would have been lucky to get a game this year. 

Plough isnt going for youth according to last tuesday press conference
He is going to play the best possible team each week on form remember, Its on record him saying that there wasnt a youth policy as of last tuesday although the week before that there was ::) ::) ::)

And further more, a lot of people think Wallace is god, I can assure you he isnt. Good on him for sucking the RFC into a 5year contract for $600,000 a year.  He will walk away at the end of the year 1.8m richer.

And you can forget about half the kids we have, why ? well most half deficentices in there game and wont make it. JON cant kick etc etc
Patto cant play and should never been drafted. As much as he tries jake King, why would you pick him up ( another Tim Flemming ::)
And why didnt Jackson and Moore get the flick at the end of last year.?
Plough is responsible for mistake after mistake.
Dont forget Knobel either, we already have! as its a long time since we scene him ,  we probably wont ever again ::)
And then there is the savior or all saviors, Kent Kingsley ::)
We arent on the bottom through bad luck, we are there by bad Management and decison making over the past 2 and half years.
I wont bash Plough anymore, why ? am over it.
But please , stop sticking up for him and Miller.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:00:35 AM by Jackstar »

Moi

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2007, 09:10:07 AM »

Excuse me, but I'll say what I like  ::)

If I come out and say let’s tank games, like I did last year, I would be hounded down and shot like I justifiably was. 
Any sport, whether it’s playing lawn bowls, is about winning.  And as soon as you have another mindset, like tanking games, you get what you deserve.

But, to me, Wallace’s biggest mistake was to say that you don’t have to bottom out to improve. 
I think he’s found out in this competition, it does pay to lose.

The ethics of that are another issue.

Hindsight’s another factor.  At the time, I might have gone for Franklin instead of Tambo.  But now thinking about it I probably would have liked Cameron Wood. But there’s nothing to suggest Tambo still won’t be a good choice in a couple of years.

But the thing about this is that at the time, Wallace was universally applauded for these decisions by the majority of us.  Do we not take any responsibility for this at all?  Or do we just pass the buck and start undermining the club from every angle like we’ve seen here?

Well, I’m not going to.  And whether that’s a decision that will bite me on the bum, I will live with it.  But I’m damn sure I’m not going to run from my mistakes, start blaming others for a situation which I was fully supportive of myself.

So I’m saying to Jack, Bully and all you other weaklings, what do you say to that?  Was there never a time you were supportive of the structure in the last couple of years?  If so, I don’t believe you.

The same with the club.  I never heard any bleating coming from the club up until this year.  They were very supportive of what was happening.  I thought they understood the situation – if what I read here is correct, they’re just plain stupid like everyone else.

So if any of this garbage about Wallace going this year is true, well I’m going as well.  I’ve had enough of weak individuals running and supporting this club.  I’m sick of the constant changes which happen from week to week.  One week we’re the best things in town, the next you want to bomb the place.

The only thing I wanted was strength and unity behind the appointment of Wallace.  To, at long last, see a tenure from beginning to end.  No, never going to happen.  You’re so blinded by what’s happening at other clubs to see the mountain we had to climb in order to survive in this competition.

There’s lots of things I’ve seen happen, the choices made which I haven’t liked.  It’s not all sunshine and lollipops believe me from my end, like most of you think.  I don’t enjoy thrashings, having people laugh at poor old Richmond continuously or throwing my good hard-earned money away with no return. 

But I did see a light at the end of the tunnel, and now it’s just a train coming the other way.  And that train is full of weak, soft-cocked, traitorous, good for nothing, useless supporters and hanger-ons who want to take lots of glory because they have big mouths but very small hearts, no intestinal fortitude, but plenty of hot air.

Bulluss

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 09:41:09 AM »
Excuse me, but I'll say what I like 

Exactly, you are entitled to your opinion, just like i am.

I obviously dont agree with you regarding the current position of the club.

So I’m saying to Jack, Bully and all you other weaklings, what do you say to that?  Was there never a time you were supportive of the structure in the last couple of years?  If so, I don’t believe you.

I was rapt that we got Wallace and Miller back in the Frawley days. As for the structure of the club, i have never been happy with it. The club has operated poorly for 25 years, nothing has changed.

I had hoped that Miller would change the way that things were run at the club, with his so called knowledge. I was sucked in by him and all he seems to doing is creating factions within the club.

Take a good look at Tuesday's with Terry last week, its no surpise that Wallace and Miller didnt talk to each other.  :shh

But I did see a light at the end of the tunnel, and now it’s just a train coming the other way.  And that train is full of weak, soft-cocked, traitorous, good for nothing, useless supporters and hanger-ons who want to take lots of glory because they have big mouths but very small hearts, no intestinal fortitude, but plenty of hot air.

Maybe you are more patient than most people or the rot that has taken over Richmond for the last 20 plus years has become so common to you that you are used to it.

Everyone here wants the same thing, a sustained period of success.

Life goes on

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »
judge there input by what happens on match days.
We have gone backward as a club-onfield.
3 100 point thrashing last year.
and last week belting was a disgrace.
Heading for another wooden spoon in the trophy cabinet for 2007.
If this is progression or light at the end of the tunnel I will go he.
Its a circus
At least frawley got us to the finals before the whhels dropped off.
With Wallace and Miller the wheels dropped off from day 1
Poor recruiting etc etc

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2007, 12:03:54 PM »
why dont u effen pm him instead ?

nice post, u r a champ :clapping

hey,pretty cool the way ur name reads,""xXx"

u must be a real ladies man..... :thumbsup

tell ya what , if we ever meet, i will show you my collection of photos. im like a tourist, i take a photo of every place where i have "been" if you know what i mean, and believe me i dont discriminate, therr are a couple of average types there , but there are quite a few 10's !!! can tell you now, many men(and dykes) would only dream to have been in places wher i have and thats no bull!
Your wife and kids would be so proud!  ::)

nothing to do with my wife and kids, its all about me!!!!! 

read genes simmonds autobigraphy, "kiss and make up" and you will know what i mean.

always put urself first, nothing wrong with being selfish and keeping yourself happy!!!

remember, women only produce 1 or 2 eggs a month if they are lucky for only a 1/3 of their lives, men can produce billions of sperm daily, until they die or can function.

do the math, its pretty simple really

show me a man who does not shop around and taste many dishes from different menus and i will show you a liar.

men are men , its basic biology and we have been genetically formed this way since the beginning of time

just facts of life that many just ugnore and pretend dosnt exist

as they say, women are from mars, and men have a ......!
I'm sure most men would agree with you, but have the class not to voice!
Actually, they probably wouldn't agree with you, but who cares!
PS:  Thanks for the biology lesson  ::)

im not most men, im me
i say what i think
say what i feel
whether its right wrong nasty nice
it does not matter
what you see is what you get
im not afraid to be more or voice my opinion

i pitty those men who are to scared of doing what they really want to do and cant be themselves

its all a matter of choice , be who you are and be proud, or pretend to be something your not

X, your a legend in your own mind, too most others your just a silly fool. Seldom do you see a man smash himself to bits with his own tongue the way you have, tragedy really.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »

;D

mmkay.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »
why dont u effen pm him instead ?

nice post, u r a champ :clapping

hey,pretty cool the way ur name reads,""xXx"

u must be a real ladies man..... :thumbsup

tell ya what , if we ever meet, i will show you my collection of photos. im like a tourist, i take a photo of every place where i have "been" if you know what i mean, and believe me i dont discriminate, therr are a couple of average types there , but there are quite a few 10's !!! can tell you now, many men(and dykes) would only dream to have been in places wher i have and thats no bull!
Your wife and kids would be so proud!  ::)

nothing to do with my wife and kids, its all about me!!!!! 

read genes simmonds autobigraphy, "kiss and make up" and you will know what i mean.

always put urself first, nothing wrong with being selfish and keeping yourself happy!!!

remember, women only produce 1 or 2 eggs a month if they are lucky for only a 1/3 of their lives, men can produce billions of sperm daily, until they die or can function.

do the math, its pretty simple really

show me a man who does not shop around and taste many dishes from different menus and i will show you a liar.

men are men , its basic biology and we have been genetically formed this way since the beginning of time

just facts of life that many just ugnore and pretend dosnt exist

as they say, women are from mars, and men have a ......!
I'm sure most men would agree with you, but have the class not to voice!
Actually, they probably wouldn't agree with you, but who cares!
PS:  Thanks for the biology lesson  ::)

im not most men, im me
i say what i think
say what i feel
whether its right wrong nasty nice
it does not matter
what you see is what you get
im not afraid to be more or voice my opinion

i pitty those men who are to scared of doing what they really want to do and cant be themselves

its all a matter of choice , be who you are and be proud, or pretend to be something your not

X, your a legend in your own mind, too most others your just a silly fool. Seldom do you see a man smash himself to bits with his own tongue the way you have, tragedy really.

for starters, what most others think of me is not of my concern, eps on net forums.

yes i am a legend, ask anyone who knows me close enough, not anonymous net junkies
 ;)

gees i wont sleep now cos many on here think im a fool!  :o ::)

Ramps

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2007, 12:42:24 PM »
Jacko you well know that I was one of the first in here to suggest that Miller shouldnt be on the board and not overly happy with his role at Richmond. As for Wallace, Im not hellbent on keeping him or getting rid of him- but if Gary March sacks him then as a lifelong Richmond supporter I wanna know that Gary March has found someone whose gonna stick the money in to pay him out, because as a club we cant afford a $1.2 million payout.

And by the way Sheedy was on radio today he seemed adament that he would be coaching in 2008. Essendon havent given him a commitement so the plot thickens further.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »
27 years later and some Richmond people still can't let Sheeds go  ::). It's tragic. It would be typical RFC if we finally got "our man" when he is now past it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2007, 03:10:18 PM »
Plough isnt going for youth according to last tuesday press conference
He is going to play the best possible team each week on form remember, Its on record him saying that there wasnt a youth policy as of last tuesday although the week before that there was ::) ::) ::)
I would say playing youth and picking a team on form is pretty much the same thing at Richmond these days. Some senior players are only getting a game because you can't have 22 kids going around.

And further more, a lot of people think Wallace is god, I can assure you he isnt. Good on him for sucking the RFC into a 5year contract for $600,000 a year.  He will walk away at the end of the year 1.8m richer.
I will judge him based on what he is doing rather than what he is paid. I wonder how much the players have earned over the years for mediocre performances  :whistle.

And you can forget about half the kids we have, why ? well most half deficentices in there game and wont make it. JON cant kick etc etc
Patto cant play and should never been drafted. As much as he tries jake King, why would you pick him up ( another Tim Flemming ::)
And why didnt Jackson and Moore get the flick at the end of last year.?
Plough is responsible for mistake after mistake.
Dont forget Knobel either, we already have! as its a long time since we scene him ,  we probably wont ever again ::)
And then there is the savior or all saviors, Kent Kingsley ::)
We arent on the bottom through bad luck, we are there by bad Management and decison making over the past 2 and half years.
In most drafts half the kids don't make it. The problem at Richmond over the years is we gave away top picks for recycled older duds and so we were left with no kids coming through hence the missing 22-26 year old generation on our list.

Yes Plough will live or die by his decisions but obviously going by what has been said in this thread some Richmond people fail to understand where our list. It's like believing recruiting Franklin over Tambling would have changed last week's result. I have no feelings towards either Wallace or Miller but I can see changing the coach won't make our youngsters age 5 years and suddenly make ten to fifthteen 22-26 year olds appear on our list.

So pointing the finger squarely at mentally soft senior players who have continually let us down over 8-10 years is sticking up for Wallace and Miller  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »

Excuse me, but I'll say what I like  ::)

If I come out and say let’s tank games, like I did last year, I would be hounded down and shot like I justifiably was. 
Any sport, whether it’s playing lawn bowls, is about winning.  And as soon as you have another mindset, like tanking games, you get what you deserve.

But, to me, Wallace’s biggest mistake was to say that you don’t have to bottom out to improve. 
I think he’s found out in this competition, it does pay to lose.

The ethics of that are another issue.

Hindsight’s another factor.  At the time, I might have gone for Franklin instead of Tambo.  But now thinking about it I probably would have liked Cameron Wood. But there’s nothing to suggest Tambo still won’t be a good choice in a couple of years.

But the thing about this is that at the time, Wallace was universally applauded for these decisions by the majority of us.  Do we not take any responsibility for this at all?  Or do we just pass the buck and start undermining the club from every angle like we’ve seen here?

Well, I’m not going to.  And whether that’s a decision that will bite me on the bum, I will live with it.  But I’m damn sure I’m not going to run from my mistakes, start blaming others for a situation which I was fully supportive of myself.

The same with the club.  I never heard any bleating coming from the club up until this year.  They were very supportive of what was happening.  I thought they understood the situation – if what I read here is correct, they’re just plain stupid like everyone else.

So if any of this garbage about Wallace going this year is true, well I’m going as well.  I’ve had enough of weak individuals running and supporting this club.  I’m sick of the constant changes which happen from week to week.  One week we’re the best things in town, the next you want to bomb the place.

The only thing I wanted was strength and unity behind the appointment of Wallace.  To, at long last, see a tenure from beginning to end.  No, never going to happen.  You’re so blinded by what’s happening at other clubs to see the mountain we had to climb in order to survive in this competition.

There’s lots of things I’ve seen happen, the choices made which I haven’t liked.  It’s not all sunshine and lollipops believe me from my end, like most of you think.  I don’t enjoy thrashings, having people laugh at poor old Richmond continuously or throwing my good hard-earned money away with no return. 

Well said Moi  :clapping

Life goes on

« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2007, 04:18:27 PM »
Jacko you well know that I was one of the first in here to suggest that Miller shouldnt be on the board and not overly happy with his role at Richmond. As for Wallace, Im not hellbent on keeping him or getting rid of him- but if Gary March sacks him then as a lifelong Richmond supporter I wanna know that Gary March has found someone whose gonna stick the money in to pay him out, because as a club we cant afford a $1.2 million payout.

And by the way Sheedy was on radio today he seemed adament that he would be coaching in 2008. Essendon havent given him a commitement so the plot thickens further.

You might find there is alot of money in selling mobile phones ;)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »

Okay then. Either your promises mean something, or you're a liar and have no credibility.

Which one will it be? The former or the latter?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »
word around teh traps is that all the players esp teh young ones have lost faith in terry and just dont respect hijm at all, its teh bulldogs saga all over again. one would have thought terry woudl have learned from his mistakes at the doggies but seems like history is about to repeat itself this yr

stay tuned

Ramps

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
word around teh traps is that all the players esp teh young ones have lost faith in terry and just dont respect hijm at all, its teh bulldogs saga all over again. one would have thought terry woudl have learned from his mistakes at the doggies but seems like history is about to repeat itself this yr

stay tuned

this is what I was afraid of, if hes lost the youngsters hes in big big trouble.