Author Topic: Official R9 Team vs Dogs  (Read 512 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Official R9 Team vs Dogs
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 07:20:31 AM »
Western Bulldogs ... for those interested.

B: L.Bramble, L.Jones, B.Dale

HB: T.Duryea, A.Keath, J.Johannisen

C: B.Williams, A.Treloar, J.Freijah

HF: L.Vandermeer, A.Naughton, R.Garcia

F: J.Harmes, J.Ugle-Hagan, R.West

FOLL: T.English, M.Bontempelli, E.Richards

I/C: L.Cleary, S.Darcy, H.Gallagher, J.Macrae, J.O’Donnell

EMG: R.Lobb, C.Daniel, A.Jones

IN: A.Keath, J.Freijah, R.West, L.Cleary

OUT: B.Khamis (Omitted), T.Liberatore (Injured), O.Baker (Omitted), C.Clarke (Omitted)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-teams-round-9-2024-team-news-and-lineups-for-round-9-full-squads-ins-and-outs-injuries-benches-subs-latest-news/news-story/06cda4bc98657dd9dad31ace4075c6b0

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 11:54:26 AM »
Baker out with corked leg - Cumberland in .  Green emergency.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 12:19:49 PM »
Cumberland gets his chance. hopefully not as a sub. Hope he goes well

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 01:17:36 PM »
Oh dear the cumdog returns. Fireworks on the forums Saturday night
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:38:36 PM »
Thank goodness we have another scapegoat , can’t have enough of them, we should recruit a few more

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 01:51:39 PM »
Could have dropped up to 10 players all out of form and no one would have batted an eyelid if each of them happened to be dropped.
10 was never going to happen but only three changes and hardly addressing short comings.

Balta whatever end he plays was always going to happen. Defense he comes in for grimes, forward then he replaces Mansell adding height.
Either way he gives us flexability and options to change things if it is going wrong.

Prestia for Dow. if fit does help our midfield. But only Prestia!!!!where the hell is a big body like McAuliffe that we are so badly lacking.
People growling about him going straight in but we had to do something about the bashing in the midfield.Plus  there still are not a lot of other options.

Graham Give me McAuliffe instead. What  does Graham offer? slow, not a lot of ball, few clearances and not a lot of contested ball.
He will have a dip i suppose more than can be said for others who have been selected.Make him the sub if we must.

Ryan for Naismith its a no brainer. Back up ruck but importantly  another tall option forward.

Coulthard high forward for badly out of form Campbell.

Cumberland for mansell, Campbell or Rioli do something any thing in an attempt to improve scoring.

Smith for Short when are they ever going to open their eyes

Trezise for McIntosh or Banks how can we keep picking players performing so poorly.

Vlastuin - Young - Broad
Brown - Miller - Smith#

Trezise#- Martin - Rioli
Nankervis - McAuliffe# - Prestia#

Coulthard# - Balta# - Bolton
Ryan# - Lefau - Cumberland#.

Baker - Pickett - Ralphsmith - Sonsie.

Thats 7 changes and how can you argue about any of them?

Revamped forward line with a taller structure and actually doing something different with smalls.
Inclusion of Ryan also gives us ruck cover and Nankervis a decent break thru out.

Midfield at least has some bigger bodies and there are plenty of rotations on the bench.
If dusty plays he needs to be a big part of midfield rotations.
Trezise to a wing this kid can play and we need to get games into him.
Rioli to the other  wing, it aint rocket science it then solves one wing problem and allows a kid like Smith a game in his natural position. actually rewarding real consistency at vfl.
Ralphsmith is on the bench to provide run and can play there as well.If we had picked McAuliffe and Sonsie then they would have needed to stop messing about these kids and play them midfield with good game time.Thats where they are putting the runs on the baord in the vfl.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 04:53:09 PM »
Not that I'm against Grimes being "managed" (long overdue) but with Naughton, JUH, Darcy & English up forward for the Scraggers - who's replacing him down back...or at least his height?

Oh dear the cumdog returns. Fireworks on the forums Saturday night

Will kick 3 in the first then get abused for not converting it into a 8 goal game and swearing at Dow for kicking it over his head ...and he better chase the rebounders all the way to the opposition goal square and not miss a single tackle.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 06:30:38 PM »
Dow can’t kick. He can handball and puts head over ball and wins it. That’ll do for the time being. I am personally really looking for to Cumberland playing. Huge opportunity for the young man. There’s a spot in the team for him to be a massive upgrade on Seth Campbell and/or Rhyan Mansell. Hope he grabs it with both mitts.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.