Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 257981 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
Richmond wont sign any big names at all. Chaplin and Knights is it unfortunately.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
The thing about overpaying for a big fish is that you rule yourself out of free agency in the coming years and put yourself under salary cap pressure that you're more likely to lose a good player rather than gain one in a year or two.

A question for everyone? If Gold Coast can't do a trade for Caddy I believe he automatically becomes an unrestricted free agent once his contract runs out and he is delisted. Now can he still choose which club he wants to go to and get there no questions asked as a free agent or would he have to still take the lottery risk of getting picked up by anyone in either the National or Preseason drafts? I'm asking because what is stopping a club (say us) telling Caddy to wait out the trade period and us picking him up as a free agent for nothing rather than trading away our first pick plus more?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
The thing about overpaying for a big fish is that you rule yourself out of free agency in the coming years and put yourself under salary cap pressure that you're more likely to lose a good player rather than gain one in a year or two.

A question for everyone? If Gold Coast can't do a trade for Caddy I believe he automatically becomes an unrestricted free agent once his contract runs out and he is delisted. Now can he still choose which club he wants to go to and get there no questions asked as a free agent or would he have to still take the lottery risk of getting picked up by anyone in either the National or Preseason drafts? I'm asking because what is stopping a club (say us) telling Caddy to wait out the trade period and us picking him up as a free agent for nothing rather than trading away our first pick plus more?

I doubt the AFL would be so negligent as to allow us or Collingwood or Essendon etc to plunder the GWS and GCS under these circumstances.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »

I doubt the AFL would be so negligent as to allow us or Collingwood or Essendon etc to plunder the GWS and GCS under these circumstances.
I would to Ramps but with dopey AA in charge of setting up these free agency rules you never know and I'm looking to see if there's a loophole somewhere in there as North found with the old 10-year rule back in the early 70s.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:55 PM »
Doesn't become a Free Agent if he walks. Only if he's pushed which is not the case.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2012, 02:33:21 PM »
I believe he goes into the draft, doesn't get a say in where he goes unfortunately.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:29 PM »
Caddy has done nothing to enhance his reputation since beng drafted, at this stage he looks to be a jacko type...r3 selection at best, no one would swap a first rounder

RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »
he's no addam maric whoa ::)

dwaino

« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
I must admit at the start of the year I was keen on us going after Caddy, but this year he has done diddly squat and certainly doesn't warrant the hype.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
he has been feeling the slap of ball on hands like steel traps, arms like a gorilla,  legs like a gazelle and a head like a baramundy on steroids
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
he has been feeling the slap of ball on hands like steel traps, arms like a gorilla,  legs like a gazelle and a head like a baramundy on steroids

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »
SEN saying Robert Murphy wants out of the Bulldogs.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2012, 06:05:34 AM »
Post for Murphy seems fair.......... ;D

dwaino

« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »
Get it done, Tiges  :clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »

Now that is laughable

Gotta love rumours  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)