Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 257985 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #570 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
TFT , maybe  WAT should come down and stay with you in Tassie for a bit. Then he can Be called Tassie WA Tiger or twit for short.    ;D
:lol :lol

Talk about getting ahead of yourself, Bell is a hack and had a couple games where he got a few kicks. I'd be happy staying on the Blues rookie list if I were him, if he's any good next season they'll elevate him.

Oh really, but we have the forum full of trading away pick 9 for unknowns..please...Edwards for this guy would be a good trade.

Only Unknown to you :lol Do you even know who Bell is? Edwards for Bell would be a massive win for Carlton, there is a reason he is a 21yo Rookie ;)

Yeah sorry again, another complete expert of the game... :wallywink..Just like Grigg for who agin was a massive win for them??????
This is a warped way of thinking . . . there is absolutely no link between Griggs ability and Bells. The only thing in common they have is that they both have played for Carlton, to try and say we can trade X player on our list for Bell and come out trumps because 2 years ago we did it for Grigg is just crazy.  :help

Don't forget JVT that this is coming from a guy who thinks its logic to Keep McGuane for another season but no way inn hell should we trade for Ablett :lol :lol
Yes, and then says there are 'no excuses' if we don't play finals  :o

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #571 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
Ash Smith looked a likely type but do we need another HB?

Ask WAT, he seems to be all over our list managment :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »
TFT , maybe  WAT should come down and stay with you in Tassie for a bit. Then he can Be called Tassie WA Tiger or twit for short.    ;D

Ah, now the penny drops, you two are related......sisters no doubt..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #573 on: September 20, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »

Ah, now the penny drops, you two are related......sisters no doubt..

Fair call...give it, take it. Its all good to me. How about you Sis? You good??

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #574 on: September 20, 2012, 04:51:11 PM »
Any trade week targets/rumours?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #575 on: September 20, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »
Any trade week targets/rumours?

Sorry Magic, I got sucked into WAT's world

All I know is that trading Edwards is sheer folly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:36:10 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
Snip keep the crude and personal sniping off the forum
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #577 on: September 20, 2012, 06:15:40 PM »
Let's rename the forum snip eyed Richmond.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #578 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »
SEN reporting that Moloney has nominated Essendon as his club of choice.

Good.. He's old and won't do anything there. He's an Essendon type of midfielder.
dont know what his age has to do with it. only question we need ask is can he play will he be an upgrade on any player we have cut.
 the answer to those questions is an emphatic yes.
tough experienced inside mid he would have filled foleys shoes pretty well this yr.
we moan about the lack of midfield depth but then moan about players being too old who would cost nothing but their salary. players who are massive upgrades in the short term on what we have.

fair dinkum we could do  6 or 7 mature players and 5 or 6  kids this yr.

i would not hesitate to take moloney chaplin knights as free agents.
i would also be looking to take late nd and rookie picks players  from state leagues like
kyle hartigan 23yo kpd
james boyd 23yo rover
kyle martin 22yo mid
michael sikora 23yo ruckman
sam dwyer  23 24 yo mid
and there are plenty others who would be mbetter options than those we have cut and some who remain on our list.

forget about his age tell me one midfield player who is up for grabs who is better than moloney. who cares if we only get 3 yrs out of him it would be three yrs of better footy than we would get out of lots of others.

the claw

« Reply #579 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »
Eagles' fan forum saying Ash Smith to ask for a trade back to Vic with Kobe Stevens.
Ash Smith, yes please.  Contract status?
yep i reckon he can play. wonder what they would want.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #580 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »

Good.. He's old and won't do anything there. He's an Essendon type of midfielder.
dont know what his age has to do with it. only question we need ask is can he play will he be an upgrade on any player we have cut.
tough experienced inside mid he would have filled foleys shoes pretty well this yr.
we moan about the lack of midfield depth but then moan about players being too old who would cost nothing but their salary. players who are massive upgrades in the short term on what we have.

i would also be looking to take late nd and rookie picks players  from state leagues like
kyle hartigan 23yo kpd
james boyd 23yo rover
kyle martin 22yo mid
sam dwyer  23 24 yo mid
and there are plenty others who would be mbetter options than those we have cut and some who remain on our list.

forget about his age tell me one midfield player who is up for grabs who is better than moloney. who cares if we only get 3 yrs out of him it would be three yrs of better footy than we would get out of lots of others.

What are your thoughts on Bell from Carlton Craw?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »

kyle hartigan 23yo kpd
james boyd 23yo rover
kyle martin 22yo mid
sam dwyer  23 24 yo mid

Would be getting him before Moloney!
Started looking like a real spud but developed really rapidly into a reasonable player. Would develop into a monster mid!
Get it done Tiges!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #582 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »
to be honest dont know much about him. saw about 3 or 4 of his games for carlton but didnt pay attention.  wasnt he rookied from queensland some where. came from soccer i think so he may have a fair  bit of upside as far as smarts  and development goes.
hes certainly one big unit and certainly tackles. dont know if he gets enough ball or uses it well enough or how many smarts he has. just havent seen enough.  seems  plenty quick and agile enough.  going by what little ive seen he  looks promising and with his size could be a real weapon.  only 21 in his first season on a list
cant see them cutting him to be honest reckon they will sort something out.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #583 on: September 20, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
to be honest dont know much about him. saw about 3 or 4 of his games for carlton but didnt pay attention.  wasnt he rookied from queensland some where. came from soccer i think so he may have a fair  bit of upside as far as smarts  and development goes.
hes certainly one big unit and certainly tackles. dont know if he gets enough ball or uses it well enough or how many smarts he has. just havent seen enough.  seems  plenty quick and agile enough.  going by what little ive seen he  looks promising and with his size could be a real weapon.  only 21 in his first season on a list
cant see them cutting him to be honest reckon they will sort something out.

I agree but they may not have a choice. Looks like they will have to elevate 4 rookies! Surly someone will have a posie for him on there primary list.

the claw

« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »

kyle hartigan 23yo kpd
james boyd 23yo rover
kyle martin 22yo mid
sam dwyer  23 24 yo mid

Would be getting him before Moloney!
Started looking like a real spud but developed really rapidly into a reasonable player. Would develop into a monster mid!
Get it done Tiges!
moloney comes for free what will bell cost unproven 7 game player that he is.
we are screaming out for tough experienced on field leaders who can lead by example and moloney fits that to a tee.
150 odd games of experience and tougness that would take a lot of work load of the likes of tuck and foley.

admitedly hes coming of a poor yr.
but you need only go back one yr and you find a player who averaged 24 possesions agame played tough uncomprmising and accountable footy laid something like 124 tackles and is decent inside and out.
what the hell has tom bell done again.

the only time moloney has been poor in his career was 06 07 and 08. the first two yrs op cruelled him and in 08 he did his shoulder. once he put those injuries behind him hes been very good apart from this yr.
moloney would be an upgrade as far as mids go on
jackson, grigg, nahas, edwards, king, white newman, houli, give more atm than conca, ellis, arnot, helbig, and at his best on a par with foley. and you dont want him well bugger me.
simply put brent moloney would be a massive upgrade on many of the mids and so called mids that we have and he would not cost a thing other than his salary.