Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 257974 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #1605 on: October 20, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
 :lol seems more plausible than someone wanting the Cale variety.  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1606 on: October 20, 2012, 03:47:22 AM »
Adelaide is looking at replacing Tippett with two players - Richmond ruckman Angus Graham and Sydney ruckman-forward Jesse White.

To fit both Graham and White onto their 40-man player list - and have the obligatory three picks in the national draft next month - the Crows would have to trade or pay-out a contracted player.

The most vulnerable is former Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling, who is on contract for next season and played just one AFL game for Adelaide this season.

Andy Otten is also at risk, but less likely because of Adelaide's need to keep back-up options in its thin defensive unit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tippett-trade-may-lead-to-a-crow-being-axed/story-e6frf9jf-1226499608067

St Kilda was still pursuing young Sun Tom Hickey, with Collingwood also interested. The Suns want the Saints’ pick 13 for the promising ruckman.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawthorn-unhappy-at-compensation-20121019-27wux.html#ixzz29lR8KgSO

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1607 on: October 20, 2012, 07:20:23 AM »
Bloody hell, if the Pieas get him we suck...honestly, look at the draft picks the Pies have now, they have always had a very strong ruck division and with there picks they will be in the 8 for the next 10 years... :banghead

GET RUCKMEN!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #1608 on: October 20, 2012, 07:43:43 AM »
I agree. Darren Jolly, Cameron Wood & Chris Dawes has to be amongst the strongest ruck divisions in the comp

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1609 on: October 20, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
Bloody hell, if the Pieas get him we suck...honestly, look at the draft picks the Pies have now, they have always had a very strong ruck division and with there picks they will be in the 8 for the next 10 years... :banghead

GET RUCKMEN!!

To be honest WAT I don't think Hickey is the answer. He is a kid who was late to footy (Played Vollyball all his Juniors) and has only managed 12 games for the Gold Coast. For a 21 year old he dosen't have a whole lot of footy under his belt. To part with a fist round draft pick for him would be ludercrest, if the Pies want to go ahead and do that then let them, clearly they haven't learnt from the Cameron wood debarcle ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1610 on: October 20, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »

GET RUCKMEN!!

To be honest WAT I don't think Hickey is the answer. He is a kid who was late to footy (Played Vollyball all his Juniors) and has only managed 12 games for the Gold Coast. For a 21 year old he dosen't have a whole lot of footy under his belt. To part with a fist round draft pick for him would be ludercrest, if the Pies want to go ahead and do that then let them, clearly they haven't learnt from the Cameron wood debarcle ;D

Fair enough, time will tell I suppose, we do need a Ruckman though, I just hope we don't leave it until the last minute and then miss out. If Maric goes down next year we are screwed, honestly we really don't have a proven ruckman to back him up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1611 on: October 20, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »

GET RUCKMEN!!

Fair enough, time will tell I suppose, we do need a Ruckman though, I just hope we don't leave it until the last minute and then miss out. If Maric goes down next year we are screwed, honestly we really don't have a proven ruckman to back him up.

For once I am confident we have something up our sleeve. I can see us taking a kid with pick 32-34 and a mature age Ruckman in either the PSD or first round rookie. Either that or Elton an Griffiths will be doing a hell of allot of ruck work this Pre Season ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1612 on: October 20, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »

GET RUCKMEN!!

Most clubs are in the same predicament. The sub rule makes it difficult to lure a ruckman if you already have an established one, or to keep one  that shows promise if he is not first in the pecking order.

As long as the sub rule persists, clubs will look more towards big blokes who can hold their own as a forward for their ruck stocks.

Hickey isn't a proven ruckman who can come straight in, anyway.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1613 on: October 20, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
THE ANGST in Adelaide over Kurt Tippett's departure has continued, with the Adelaide Advertiser reporting his defection may mean a contracted player is sacked.

The Crows appear set to cover Tippett with two players, having traded for Richmond big man Angus Graham on Friday, and with Jesse White a possibility to be involved in a deal with the Sydney Swans.

The newspaper reports that would mean the South Australian club would need to cut a player to make room for the required three NAB AFL Draft picks, with Richard Tambling the most vulnerable.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149991/default.aspx

Tambling could be cut.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1614 on: October 20, 2012, 11:32:35 AM »
THE ANGST in Adelaide over Kurt Tippett's departure has continued, with the Adelaide Advertiser reporting his defection may mean a contracted player is sacked.

The Crows appear set to cover Tippett with two players, having traded for Richmond big man Angus Graham on Friday, and with Jesse White a possibility to be involved in a deal with the Sydney Swans.

The newspaper reports that would mean the South Australian club would need to cut a player to make room for the required three NAB AFL Draft picks, with Richard Tambling the most vulnerable.

Tambling could be cut.

Pick him up in the rookie?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1615 on: October 20, 2012, 11:38:09 AM »

Tambling could be cut.

For sure.

Keep him for one year then trade him back to Adelaide for more picks

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1616 on: October 20, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
"Adelaide is looking at replacing Tippett with two players - Richmond ruckman Angus Graham and Sydney ruckman-forward Jesse White."

Does that mean if they play both it allows them to take the field with 23?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1617 on: October 20, 2012, 12:46:23 PM »

Tambling could be cut.

For sure.

Bling never got a proper chance!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1618 on: October 20, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »

Tambling could be cut.

For sure.

:lol

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1619 on: October 20, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »

Tambling could be cut.

For sure.

^ genius  :clapping

You are now in charge of recruitment.... :)
...the fighting fury...