Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 257989 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #1905 on: November 02, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »

the claw

« Reply #1906 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Petterd is training with us.
to take a player from this list do we have to cut a player. if so that would mean we have to cut a contracted player can anyone see it happening. by re-signing long term hacks like white we have effectively excluded ourselves from this process.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1907 on: November 02, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
to take a player from this list do we have to cut a player. if so that would mean we have to cut a contracted player can anyone see it happening. by re-signing long term hacks like white we have effectively excluded ourselves from this process.

Rookie?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1908 on: November 02, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

Rookie?

Must be but thought another team would have snapped him up??

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1909 on: November 02, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »

Settle Claw, we can still Vet List Newman.  If we see a need for an inconsistent under-achieving player from Melbourne then we can still get him.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1910 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »
What happened to Matthew Panos? Didn't even get a game for WB.. Good size and looked good at VFL level.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1911 on: November 03, 2012, 10:56:12 AM »
We would have to rookie just about any we pick up - it should be interesting to see if we take a pre loved or just kids

Collins was good for Carlton when he wasnt injured and was regularly getting over 20 possesion last seson
He will be picked by Carlton again and was only dropped off the list because Carlton had to make room.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1912 on: November 03, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »
We would have to rookie just about any we pick up - it should be interesting to see if we take a pre loved or just kids

Collins was good for Carlton when he wasnt injured and was regularly getting over 20 possesion last seson
He will be picked by Carlton again and was only dropped off the list because Carlton had to make room.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that our philosophy of rookieing kids is out the window  and we will be looking at more mature bodies to rookies as apposed to kids.

BTW I don't think its confirmed that Petterd is actually training with us?? Does anyone have a solid answer on this?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1913 on: November 03, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
if you pick up a delisted player under free agency can you give a one year contract or do you have to give a minimum of two like you do when you draft them?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #1914 on: November 03, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »

Settle Claw, we can still Vet List Newman.  If we see a need for an inconsistent under-achieving player from Melbourne then we can still get him.
so if we decide to try and improve the list and take the punt on a inconsistent underachiever we clog the list up with not one but two inconsistent underachievers by hanging onto white.
one or the other for me and petterd is better value than white. nothing wrong with value adding.

as far as managing the list goes we would have  edwards 28yo , petterd 24yo, ohanlon 19yo all medium sized marking forwards.
 if we cut white 25yo we would have king 29yo , nahas 25yo, edwards 24yo as small forwards.
 there is absolutely no need to keep matt white as far as the list is concerned. neither as depth or for performance or standard. hes behind every player mentioned.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1915 on: November 03, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
if you pick up a delisted player under free agency can you give a one year contract or do you have to give a minimum of two like you do when you draft them?

I think it's very much a negotiation with the player's manager.
Presumably there will be offer(s) on the table and the manager will pick the best.
So yes you can go with a one year but you may be outbid.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1916 on: November 03, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
 :cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1917 on: November 04, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

so if we decide to try and improve the list and take the punt on a inconsistent underachiever we clog the list up with not one but two inconsistent underachievers by hanging onto white.
one or the other for me and petterd is better value than white. nothing wrong with value adding.

Agree, as long as the value add is in an area we need.  Replacing White with Petterd is like replacing an orange with an apple - great to have a piece of fruit but when I need citrus, a pome doesn't cut it.

as far as managing the list goes we would have  edwards 28yo , petterd 24yo, ohanlon 19yo all medium sized marking forwards.
 if we cut white 25yo we would have king 29yo , nahas 25yo, edwards 24yo as small forwards.
 there is absolutely no need to keep matt white as far as the list is concerned. neither as depth or for performance or standard. hes behind every player mentioned.

For list stability and structure White is needed this year.  Depth in 2013 is a key and White gives us some depth in the midfield, Petterd doesn't.  We have covered off in the area Petterd could help and we don't need any more of his type.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1918 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »
What's news on caddy?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1919 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
What's news on caddy?

Going to University

You heard it here first