Author Topic: GWS threaten Cotchin offer as they tell Richmond Dom Tyson is off limits (H-Sun)  (Read 7785 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
That has to be the most laughable and delusional footy headline in a while and that's saying something.

Cotch - future captain, loves the club and as others have said had the chance previously to chase the $$$ if he was interested but knocked it back.
Lids - signed up to 2017. One club player.
Martin - lived once in Western Sydney and hated it.
Jack - loves the club and standing in front of the cheer squad.

What's more GWS are living with the fairies if they think playing in front of crowds of just 7k in the middle of nowhere surburbia for a franchise with no history that won't play finals for 4-5 years compares with a traditional big 4 Victorian club playing in front of massive vocal support at the 'G most weeks that will play finals if not next year then definitely the year after. Sure Scully and Ward chased the cash but they were playing for small clubs with poor resources which were both heading south for a major rebuilding phase. In Scully's case he left a rabble of a club on and off-field. 

If GWS want "payback" they can take Daniel Jackson. He's out of contract next year and will be a free agent  ;). I know all us Tiger supporters would be devastated to see him poached  :whistle :nope.

NooooOooOOOOOOooooOoo

Has to be next year or I'm ending this poo.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
That has to be the most laughable and delusional footy headline in a while and that's saying something.

Cotch - future captain, loves the club and as others have said had the chance previously to chase the $$$ if he was interested but knocked it back.

What's more GWS are living with the fairies if they think playing in front of crowds of just 7k in the middle of nowhere surburbia for a franchise with no history that won't play finals for 4-5 years compares with a traditional big 4 Victorian club playing in front of massive vocal support at the 'G most weeks that will play finals if not next year then definitely the year after. Sure Scully and Ward chased the cash but they were playing for small clubs with poor resources which were both heading south for a major rebuilding phase. In Scully's case he left a rabble of a club on and off-field. 

If GWS want "payback" they can take Daniel Jackson. He's out of contract next year and will be a free agent  ;). I know all us Tiger supporters would be devastated to see him poached  :whistle :nope.

NooooOooOOOOOOooooOoo

Hey I'm hoping it's next year  :pray but we will still be one of the youngest sides out there in 2013 and our form in the second half of this season was still way off the mark to be serious and certain finals contenders next year. As I said in another thread, our best 22 footy can beat anybody on a day as we showed against Hawthorn and Sydney but our worst footy can still lose to anybody (winless GC). Until I see us not dish out the weekly crap footy we saw in the second half of this season because our back-up listed players were/are crap, I won't be counting our finals chickens before they hatch. I can understand the club going hard after Tyson. We need more classier (albeit still young) footballers like him to become genuine and long-lasting finals contenders over this next decade.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Anderson and Dimwit working on a rule to prevent this from happening.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil

NooooOooOOOOOOooooOoo

Hey I'm hoping it's next year  :pray but we will still be one of the youngest sides out there in 2013 and our form in the second half of this season was still way off the mark to be serious and certain finals contenders next year. As I said in another thread, our best 22 footy can beat anybody on a day as we showed against Hawthorn and Sydney but our worst footy can still lose to anybody (winless GC). Until I see us not dish out the weekly crap footy we saw in the second half of this season because our back-up listed players were/are crap, I won't be counting our finals chickens before they hatch. I can understand the club going hard after Tyson. We need more classier (albeit still young) footballers like him to become genuine and long-lasting finals contenders over this next decade.

Tyson + Chaplin + Knights + Tom + Dick + Harry = FINALS 2013!
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Whilst this doesn't surprise, you know this how

Doubt it very much
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
What position does Tyson play anyway???? If he is not ruck, back or centre then how would he fit into our club structure....JUST ASKING THE QUESTION........before the hounds come in. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
What position does Tyson play anyway???? If he is not ruck, back or centre then how would he fit into our club structure....JUST ASKING THE QUESTION........before the hounds come in. :thumbsup

He is a good sized midfielder who has both an inside and outside game.  He is strong overhead too.  We are still two class midfielders short from a rotation point of view.  He would fill the void very well.  And being a absolutely crazy tiger supporter is icing on the cake. A dead set gun we would be over the moon to have!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
So you're making all sorts of opinions about us trading him, and you don't even know what type of player he is?  :huh

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
So you're making all sorts of opinions about us trading him, and you don't even know what type of player he is?  :huh

Go read my post again, I have not mentioned this blokes name once, I generalised saying I didn't want to give up pick 9 for top up players, I did not infer this guy is a top up player, it was a different comment. FFS get up earlier... :banghead

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

He is a good sized midfielder who has both an inside and outside game.  He is strong overhead too.  We are still two class midfielders short from a rotation point of view.  He would fill the void very well.  And being a absolutely crazy tiger supporter is icing on the cake. A dead set gun we would be over the moon to have!

Very good thank you, finally someone who can just answer a sipmle question.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

Can never have too many good mids.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Can never have too many good mids.

Yes good point, with a full compliment next year including a fit Foley and with Tyson Lids, Martin and Cotchin could rest forward, resting and kicking about 3 each..

"Rucks:

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
If this club is seen by the players as being on the up, having the right people behind the scenes, having good structure and excellent facilities  and we start playing finals then GWS has fact chance in hell of poaching our elite players such as Cotchin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tom Dyson - No. 29

DOB: 08/06/93

HT: 185cm

WT: 80Kgs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Apparently the AFL have already said it is possible and a club can trade a player after 1 year.  :huh