Author Topic: Richmond faces $1m hole after 5400 members fall off from last year (H-Sun)  (Read 8453 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Richmond faces $1m hole after 5400 members fall off from last year (H-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »

If you dish up that unprofessional poo onfield,  then people will refuse to pay memberships,  when they can go down the local footy club for some good old fashion football & biff at good drinking prices.
End of the day you get to go into the social club & drink to daylight & still have change in your pocket on the way home :thumbsup you cant beat a day at the footy like that. ;D
better still you get invited back hours later for Sunday sippers  ;D football is going to be great this year  :thumbsup

you gotta be kidding, watch a bunch of fat bald wannabees blowing harder than a toady out of water...tell me, do you need to get there early to book a seat :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
dont know how much money the club has wasted ringing & mailing me to renew my lot of memberships but it aint happening  ;D
supporters are dropping off like it or not the article is spot on
If you dish up that unprofessional poo onfield,  then people will refuse to pay memberships,  when they can go down the local footy club for some good old fashion football & biff at good drinking prices.
End of the day you get to go into the social club & drink to daylight & still have change in your pocket on the way home :thumbsup you cant beat a day at the footy like that. ;D
better still you get invited back hours later for Sunday sippers  ;D football is going to be great this year  :thumbsup

You're just a half hearted fan then. You'd rather go to a boring amateur game with a crowd of 30 people lol. Good luck  ::)
pppfffttt ive seen better sanfl and wafl games with higher skill level than what the rfc have dished up in recent times. and without doubt ive more enjoyable underage games.
better a half hearted fan than an ill informed  totally deluded one.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »
No Richo could be having an impact too..

It's ok. Damien Barret is just inflating the figures hehe. It's only 3,000 difference with 2 weeks less sales too  ;D

Of course Damian. Damian would you care to tell me how many members have signed on for the shitboner spirit and how many turn up to games? 30000 members or therabouts listed officially. Average crowd inflated to 20000 which includes 15000 away fans?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger fans answer call and rush to den (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2010, 07:33:34 AM »
Tiger fans answer call and rush to den

RICHMOND supporters have answered their club's call to arms, signing on as members in a record surge.

The Herald Sun revealed on Thursday that the Tigers were 5400 members down on this time last year when the arrival of Ben Cousins sent hopes of a finals appearance soaring.

The membership drop equated to a loss of more than $1 million in revenue.

Richmond signed more than 500 new members on Thursday, when 50 would be expected under normal circumstances.

- Sam Edmund

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brad-scotts-us-trek-to-find-the-key/story-e6frf9jf-1225820298217

Tigermonk

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »
dont know how much money the club has wasted ringing & mailing me to renew my lot of memberships but it aint happening  ;D

then what motivates you to remain interested in RFC  via internet forums, coz it's free :o

l like writing about there huge mistakes that they have made & continue to make over & over & over again
lets hope they get it correct this time round
+ l like reading the rubbish some of you spin

Tigermonk

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »

you gotta be kidding, watch a bunch of fat bald wannabees blowing harder than a toady out of water...tell me, do you need to get there early to book a seat :o

them fat baldy wannabe players dish up better football skills then then the past RFC players, lol
if you wanna pay huge money to go sit in a world stadium & can take in what you call professional football then go right ahead blubber-boy cause if you except that type of skill & support it  ;D then you dont know poo about football or are wacko & dont know any better but hey dont take that to heart
as l said l would prefer to go support a local struggling football club :thumbsup  & laugh when players make stupid mistakes  ;D not stress & wonder why l'm paying mega dollars to go to the MCG
Gippsland Power would give RFC a run for its money on last years pathetic football effort
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:55:35 PM by one-eyed »

Tigermonk

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »

You're just a half hearted fan then. You'd rather go to a boring amateur game with a crowd of 30 people lol. Good luck  ::)

funny that our local community has several football leagues & pull larger crowds than the unwanted TAC club Gippsland Power who bleeds the community as much as it can but gives nothing back, which l say nothing more ;D
maybe where you come from you get 30 people haha living in a deluded backtown no-one ever goes to anymore like Korong Vale  ;D
l'm no half hearted fan l can tell you. l had continued membership probably longer than you been on this planet.  Just this year l decided enough is enough & l'm not paying a penny
funny enough, l dont need to be a member of any club to get in to watch football. l get enough handouts from the AFL & my MCC membership.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
I reckon the RFC needs to take serious action in regards to these off and on again bandwagoners to our club.

Maybe if they froze memberships just at the lead in on the season.  Then they assess how the team has gone after the first month and if the team is going well then quadruple the membership price while we are still a chance of making the finals.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2010, 05:53:29 PM »

them fat baldy wannabe players dish up better football skills then then the past RFC players, lol
if you wanna pay huge money to go sit in a world stadium & can take in what you call professional football then go right ahead blubber-boy cause if you except that type of skill & support it  ;D then you dont know poo about football or are fooled & dont know any better but hey dont take that to heart
as l said l would prefer to go support a local struggling football club :thumbsup  & laugh when players make stupid mistakes  ;D not stress & wonder why l'm paying mega dollars to go to the MCG
Gippsland Power would give RFC a run for its money on last years pathetic football effort

spounds like a barrel of laughs, what else do you do for kicks out gippsland way in any case :-\

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:56:12 PM by WilliamPowell »
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »
Just maybe the supporters are sick of the ""tanking ""and the pitifull efforts last year, and previous years
And maybe they can see through would be wannebe coaches ( Jade Rawlings) going on and on about loving this club and loving the player group, for the last 11 weeks last year. oh please.  He is now at his 4th club this year in 6 years.FACT ! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
The club is paying for the poor management, poor decisions on issues in 2009.

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 06:44:25 PM »
Just maybe the supporters are sick of the ""tanking ""and the pitifull efforts last year, and previous years
And maybe they can see through would be wannebe coaches ( Jade Rawlings) going on and on about loving this club and loving the player group, for the last 11 weeks last year. oh please.  He is now at his 4th club this year in 6 years.FACT ! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
The club is paying for the poor management, poor decisions on issues in 2009.

Now that's the Jackstar we know and love, enough of this brightsider stuff.

:thumbsup

jackstar is back again

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »
Mate, I was one of he first to join up, speaking to alot of supporters, there are some who are peeed off at the clubs spindoctoring and garbage last year. Can tell you that the club are aware of this, thus the are keeping a low profile .
Really you cant blame people.
And it is laughable what Jade Rawlings said for 11 weeks last year, I love this club,I love the playing group LOL

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
Mate, I was one of he first to join up, speaking to alot of supporters, there are some who are peeed off at the clubs spindoctoring and garbage last year. Can tell you that the club are aware of this, thus the are keeping a low profile .
And it is laughable what Jade Rawlings said for 11 weeks last year, I love this club,I love the playing group LOL
Dont really care who is in charge, who says what, and our on field performance; i barrack for Richmond! Always have, always will and therefore will always be a member! I will never let personalities get in the way of my loyalty!

Ramps

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »

I havent joined up yet and last year I joined up earlier, Im going to join up in the next 2 weeks, but not because of the article, the article is irrelevant, today is only the 17th January. Lets wait another month to see who rejoins before starting the crisis mode in terms of profit and loss and membership numbers.