Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 208136 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1920 on: January 25, 2016, 03:41:35 AM »
Sounds like they're in blistering form
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1921 on: January 25, 2016, 09:31:21 AM »
Maybe as a result of our "souring" relationship with the Hun, they must now cover all the naff articles as a % of their content?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1922 on: January 26, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »
Genuius!
Love that poo!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1923 on: February 02, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
Rance interviewed on Ch 9 news:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-02-02/rance-on-the-news

------------------------------------------

It was really nice just to get out of Australia and get footy off the brain for a little while and freshen up,” Rance said on Channel Nine.

“I feel really great now, really invigorated and ready to go again.

“We had a time trial on the first day (back after the Christmas break) and I ran pretty close to a P.B.

“I knew that I’d put in the work and I was pretty confident.”

Rance, who was recently added to Richmond’s playing leadership group, is taking a pragmatic approach to questioning about the Tigers’ capacity to take the next step in 2016 after three consecutive elimination final defeats.

“When you look too far ahead, that’s when you fall over your own shoelaces.  So we’re really just focusing on the little things that can keep us in the game,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-02-02/rance-raring-to-go

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1924 on: February 02, 2016, 04:36:56 PM »
I love this man more than Tom Cruise loves lord Xenu

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1925 on: February 27, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »
Turning up to preseason training in January did Rance a lot of harm  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1926 on: February 28, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »
I love this man more than Tom Cruise loves lord Xenu
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance's media conference 20-3-16 / Rance ready to rise
« Reply #1927 on: March 20, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »
Tross' presser today ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-03-20/rance-press-conference-march-20th

--------------------------------------

Rance ready to rise

richmondfc.com.au
March 20, 2016

Alex Rance enjoyed the best season of his seven-year league career in 2015, winning an inaugural Jack Dyer Medal and gaining All-Australian selection, but the Richmond star key defender is determined to be even better in 2016.

“I can always improve,” Rance said before the Club’s open training session at Punt Road this morning.

“There’s plenty (of room for improvement) . . . just ask ‘Dimma’ (coach Damien Hardwick) –   especially decision-making things.

“It’s always been a knock on my game, since my early days, that I would rush and things like that.  So, it’s just about being calm and composed.

“And, as well, about making others around me better, especially ‘Grimesy’ (Dylan Grimes), Nick Vlastuin, Dave Astbury – blokes like that, who are really starting to come into their own, to develop their own leadership skills and to help them to thrive as well.”

Rance strongly endorsed the Club’s recent decision to extend coach Damien Hardwick’s contract by a further two years beyond 2016.

“We’re always behind him, we believe in the direction and the values that he’s given us over the past six years, and we’re really confident that we’re going to have some successful times with him,” Rance said.

The 26-year-old veteran of 130 games, also is adamant the Tigers are well equipped to cover a recent spate of injuries to players.

“We believe in the depth that we’ve got at the Club,” he said.

“We’ve got a few injuries, but most clubs have injuries, too.

“It’s just something you’ve got to cope with throughout the whole season, and it’s nothing that’s really worrying us.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-20/rance-ready-to-rise

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance's media conference 20-3-16 / Rance ready to rise
« Reply #1928 on: March 20, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »
Rance, 26, has become one of the elite defenders in the competition. He is Richmond's reigning best and fairest and was named as a starting key defender in the past two All Australian teams, but he said he can get better.

"I can always improve, just ask Dimma (coach Damien Hardwick)," Rance joked.

He nominated decision-making as an area he had worked on in the pre-season.

"It's always been a knock on my game, since my early days. I'd always rush," he said.

"It's just about being calm and composed."

Rance will also look to mentor his fellow defenders, having been recently elevated to the Tigers' leadership group, joining Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Ivan Maric and Shane Edwards.

"[I can] make others around me better.

"With [Dylan] Grimes, Nick Vlastuin, Dave Astbury, blokes like that who are really starting to come into their own – [I can help them] develop their own leadership skills."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-20/yarran-faces-fitness-battle-after-presenting-for-preseason-in-poor-condition

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1929 on: March 28, 2016, 03:18:19 PM »
AFL Exchange Podcast

AFL.com.au
March 28, 2016

Richmond's Alex Rance joins AFL Media's Matt Thompson and Peter Ryan for an entertaining take on the latest football news. Analysis, wit and insightful match previews bring you up to speed on all things AFL.

This week on AFL Exchange ...

• Alex Rance gives an insight into the hair-testing system: how it works, why the players agreed to it, and why he now feels a 'sense of betrayal' after results were leaked to the public.

• Which side surprised us most in round one?

• What's the assessment of the new rules, in particular the new deliberate out-of-bounds interpretation?

• In our new segment 'Rance Ranks…', Alex shares what he thinks are the three most important attributes to succeeding as an AFL player.

Listen here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/afl-exchange-podcast.workstation

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1930 on: April 01, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
Not his best game tonight. They got under his skin

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1931 on: April 01, 2016, 11:08:38 PM »
Lost the game for us with his brain farts of old.

tony_montana

« Reply #1932 on: April 01, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »
That kick across goal was dumb, but that was in fact cotch's mistake, instead of going back to the boundary to a free player he dinked a 10 metre kick to rance and put him under unnecessary pressure, he then panicked and took the wrong option, but cotch was the architect of that one

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1933 on: April 01, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »
That kick across goal was dumb, but that was in fact cotch's mistake, instead of going back to the boundary to a free player he dinked a 10 metre kick to rance and put him under unnecessary pressure, he then panicked and took the wrong option, but cotch was the architect of that one
Plus a pee poor effort by Hunt not to at least get the ball over the line for a throw in.

tony_montana

« Reply #1934 on: April 01, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »
that goes without saying, that cat was like a rabbit in headlights all game, was he trying to pickup soap? stuff me hes poo