Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 208162 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #2760 on: February 07, 2022, 10:36:16 AM »
We need to focus on midfielders at the next draft and target a key forward through free agency.

I thought this should have been our goal last craft Ramps haha.

Oh well we've had our moment. I suspect we will be middling this year.
Riewoldt retires at yrs end then we need two free agents and still have to look at getting a bit of youth on the list.

Look at what we are doing with the key defenders
Seniors Tarrant, Balta and Grimes.
 Reserves Gibcus Miller Nyuon.  Why are we not doining or aiming for the same sort of scenario with key fwds.

ATM Seniors Riewoldt Lynch nothing. Reserves Nada Zilch and nothing we sure are going to find a player with that lot arent we.

Atm imo we are three short for tall fwds and thats not even allowing for potential draft failures.

This is our seconds set up
H/F #### - Parker 189cm flanker. - ####
FF/ #### -#### - Ryan a ruck/fwd probably a ruckman rather than a fwd.

You can't develop them if they aren't even on the list you cannot even have failures. you cant have depth if they arent there.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2761 on: February 07, 2022, 11:06:31 AM »
Alex may well play again who knows i really don't care either way. For us its now all about establishing players like Gibcus, Balta, Nyuon, and Miller in preparation for the next sustained  finals assault. in 5 of even longer years time.

I find it funny that people are serious about us just rejigging and challenging again in two or three years time.

When we have for certain the next crop of ELITE players in place then we can talk about it yet even ELITE players need to be developed.

We have a last roll f the dice while Riewoldt, Lynch Cotchin Martin Prestia  Edwards are on their last legs we dont have that quality coming thru imo.

Claw if you know your football those players don't come around to often. We did our due with this team 3 flags in 4 years back to back you stating the obvious about rejuvenation.
We have had 12 seasons under Hardwick to find two or three elite mids and just havent done it. Cotchin, Martin 09 Deledio, Edwards, were all basically here before Hardwick got started the only other elite mid to come thru has been Prestia and he was already a star when we traded for him. The only potential elite  mid that has come thru in 12 seasons is Bolton. We found a few solid citizens in Baker Lambert and Graham but Baker and Lambert were basically mature recruits.
12 seasons bud that an awful lot of years to only find one potential elite mid.

Even the talls its pretty poor to think in 12 seasons under Hardwick the only tall fwd that we have successfully developed is Riewoldt and he was there in 06.. Already been forced to go out and trade for a key fwd yet we still dont have any youngsters on the list.

possibly Soldo aside the only ruckman we have actually developed is no one Nankervis was also a mature recruit.
Take Balta out and we have to go back to 09 to find a key defender that has been developed Astbury, Grimes and Rance 07.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2762 on: February 07, 2022, 12:08:52 PM »
I could have sworn we have just won 3 premierships ..

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2763 on: February 07, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
We will go free agency for a key forward I reckon. Lynch will play for another 3 or 4 years. So theres the 2 key forwards. We may draft one as a back up and then go for 2 or 3 quality mids in the draft. No need to panic. List is in good shape going forward imho.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2764 on: February 07, 2022, 02:48:15 PM »
I could have sworn we have just won 3 premierships ..

In 12 seasons =75% failure rate #clawmetrics :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance quits Essendon (Foxsports)
« Reply #2765 on: February 07, 2022, 03:05:43 PM »
Alex Rance has departed his part-time development role at Essendon.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed that Rance has stepped away from the club to focus on his business, The Academy, an education program for students.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/essendon-bombers/afl-2022-alex-rance-departs-essendon-bombers-parttime-role-announcement/news-story/bdcc1447a001f882a7412b592e3f81f8

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance quits Essendon (Foxsports)
« Reply #2766 on: February 07, 2022, 03:31:01 PM »
Alex Rance has departed his part-time development role at Essendon.

Foxfooty.com.au has confirmed that Rance has stepped away from the club to focus on his business, The Academy, an education program for students.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/essendon-bombers/afl-2022-alex-rance-departs-essendon-bombers-parttime-role-announcement/news-story/bdcc1447a001f882a7412b592e3f81f8

:lol :lol

And to think the media made it into a bigger story than it ever was, that people somehow got worked up thinking he was somehow going to make some sort of miraculous comeback either at VFL or AFL level

And now here we are..

Think the term "part time" got missed in all of this...

His "Academy" has always been his main focus. Always was and still is....

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2767 on: February 07, 2022, 10:33:45 PM »
Lol

Nekminit... Richmond re-signs former premiership hero and superstar The Tross for comeback season under supplementary selection rules.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2768 on: February 08, 2022, 10:19:15 AM »
Can I add the Bombers made it bigger (much bigger) than it ever was

Well done Dons  :wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2769 on: May 10, 2022, 07:58:37 PM »

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2770 on: May 10, 2022, 09:26:16 PM »
I hope the guys at Campbell’s creek have fun and get some enjoyment from playing alongside sir Alex! Sure one player isn’t going to make a club do a 180 from a 120+ point loss but I’m sure having him around the club would put some smiles on some people’s faces (and maybe boost our supporter/membership base)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2771 on: May 10, 2022, 09:34:17 PM »
When is he coming back to punt road?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2772 on: May 10, 2022, 10:38:31 PM »
Just to say hello?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2773 on: May 16, 2022, 07:49:31 PM »
Saturday saw former Richmond star Alex Rance grace the field for Campbells Creek FNC in the Maryborough Castlemaine District FNL. Whilst the club has certainly needed some star power to bolster its defence in the past few weeks after some large losses, Rance headed to the other end of the ground finishing the day with three goals. However, the effort wasn’t enough as Maldon FNC ran out 92-point winners.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/16/richmond-great-graces-the-field-as-former-magpie-bags-six/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2774 on: June 10, 2022, 03:06:51 AM »
Good to see the great man watching the game in the stands with Dave last night. Guessing was there to cheer on grimesy in his 200th.