Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 65890 times)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

Hey Damo. 3K is a damn good effort and I understand you feeling that is worth 2 seats. You have obviously thought long and hard about it and have come up with a plan that seems logical to you. Hopefully, once emotions calm a little, you will see it from the clubs point of view. This dinner is set up to attract huge dollars into the club, it's not a dinner for your average supporter. 

Even if I put 3K (which is well beyond me) I think it would be a waste of a seat as far as the club is concerned. No doubt they will be hoping for a lot of extra money from those who attend. There will be all sorts of money raising opportunities during the night and the club would hope that a fair percentage of the people sitting at the tables could kick in an extra few thousand or so.

I hope people don't feel disenchanted by the fact that the club is trying to attract people with large amounts of money. Whether people have too much money or whether this event is elitist is a topic for another time. Fact is the club is trying to raise $6 mill in a year. This is a huge ask and if it is going to succeed the club needs to play the game and concentrate on the money. Filthy bloody game that it is.

In the long run, the club attracting this money benefits us all. We shouldn't take it personally.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
My last post wasn't a whinge at not having incentives it was highlighting how poorly IMO it's been marketed to the public.

The club who I'll forever defend in 99% of cases have just opened up a bank and said, please transfer funds. And thats it.

Just don't agree with the way they launched it.

Sure we can all be fine citizens and bow our heads and say I give and don't expect anything in return, go home and night and pat ourselves on the back and feel good about ourselves, or we could ask our club for a better organised, marketed and proposed debt demolition.

But the fact is that not everyone works that way. In fact the majority of people don't.

All the passionate member fork our yet more money for the cause of the RFC, (for nothing.. again). Yet we haven't branched out to target other demographics. The, not so passionate Richmond supporters, the non members, the fair weather supporters, supporters of other clubs etc. If there is something there for these groups then the club obviously gets more money and he club also doesn't pull the heart string of us die hards... again.

I'm on both our local footy and cricket committees and it's near impossible getting sponsors on board each year unless we offer something in return. A few club legends that own their own business donate money to the club but without a tiered sponsorship structure you'd get nothing in return if you hold out your hands and simple just say "please donate...."

It could have had more thought put in thats all. The club would have benefited from it.

Why would fair weather supporters or supporters from other clubs give money? I cant see it myself. The fact is Richmond people have to make this project a success not outsiders or people who only support when it suits them.
If you  need some incentive, then your better off going to the club, buying a 1980 Richmond jumper signed by players for just under $2000 or buying that piece of Jack Riewoldt memorabilia thats available. Theres also afew Richo peices available.

A friend of mine gave the Melbourne football club $50,000 for debt demolition. He barracks for Carlton.

There was a reason behind it though, saving the Melbourne football club. There is no reason behind giving money to Richmond except allowing the club to manage its funds easier. Sadly I don't think we'll get much for the FTF. I'd have liked a better structure so we did, thats all.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
My last post wasn't a whinge at not having incentives it was highlighting how poorly IMO it's been marketed to the public.

The club who I'll forever defend in 99% of cases have just opened up a bank and said, please transfer funds. And thats it.

Sure we can all be fine citizens and bow our heads and say I give and don't expect anything in return, go home and night and pat ourselves on the back and feel good about ourselves, or we could ask our club for a better organised, marketed and proposed debt demolition.

But the fact is that not everyone works that way. In fact the majority of people don't.

All the passionate member fork our yet more money for the cause of the RFC, (for nothing.. again). Yet we haven't branched out to target other demographics. The, not so passionate Richmond supporters, the non members, the fair weather supporters, supporters of other clubs etc. If there is something there for these groups then the club obviously gets more money and he club also doesn't pull the heart string of us die hards... again.

I'm on both our local footy and cricket committees and it's near impossible getting sponsors on board each year unless we offer something in return. A few club legends that own their own business donate money to the club but without a tiered sponsorship structure you'd get nothing in return if you hold out your hands and simple just say "please donate...."

It could have had more thought put in thats all. The club would have benefited from it.

Why would fair weather supporters or supporters from other clubs give money? I cant see it myself. The fact is Richmond people have to make this project a success not outsiders or people who only support when it suits them.
If you  need some incentive, then your better off going to the club, buying a 1980 Richmond jumper signed by players for just under $2000 or buying that piece of Jack Riewoldt memorabilia thats available. Theres also afew Richo peices available.

As far as fair weather and other club supporters go, your question is spot on, why would they donate?

There is no reason.

We should give them one.

Offer 20 hour kick to kick sessions with Jack Riewoldt for the first 20 people that donate 10k. etc.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2011, 09:14:06 AM »
A friend of mine gave the Melbourne football club $50,000 for debt demolition. He barracks for Carlton.

Carlturd supporters have issues

10 FLAGS

« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »

As far as fair weather and other club supporters go, your question is spot on, why would they donate?

There is no reason.

We should give them one.

Offer 20 hour kick to kick sessions with Jack Riewoldt for the first 20 people that donate 10k. etc.

You wanna offer blokes who support other clubs the opportunity to stick there knees into the back of Jack Riewoldt? These blokes will all wanna be heroes, theyll all be flying for hangers, the risk of injury cant be discounted. Can you imagine 3 or 4 blokes flying with Jacko for the footy in that type of kick to kick ...not worth the risk IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: History making evening at ME Bank Centre - March 17
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:01 PM »
So who from here are the lucky ones going on Thursday night to the gala evening?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
As of March 15, 2011

$219,687

10 FLAGS

« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
As of March 15, 2011

$219,687

Thats actually a pretty good result for now. I was hoping for 200k by the 17th so weve passed that number. Not a bad effort to be honest.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »
will be intersting to see what it is on Friday
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »

There is no reason.

We should give them one.

oh yeah that'll get'em rolling through the door :lol...get a grip Popey, it aint a kindergarten fundraiser buddy...next you'll come up with selling snags at Bunnings :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2011, 08:09:41 PM »
So who from here are the lucky ones going on Thursday night to the gala evening?

Me I've wormed my way in  ;D :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »

Me I've wormed my way in  ;D :rollin

Full Report expected from you WP.  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »

Me I've wormed my way in  ;D :rollin

Full Report expected from you WP.  :cheers

Yep especially as I am interestd what the night raised in terms of the Fighting Tiger Fund WP. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »

Me I've wormed my way in  ;D :rollin

Full Report expected from you WP.  :cheers

Yep especially as I am interestd what the night raised in terms of the Fighting Tiger Fund WP. :thumbsup

Will do

Anything of note happens you'll read it here  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:34 PM »
expect sponsorship to be announced. :thumbsup