Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 65877 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund [merged]
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »
in all honesty, absolutely fantastic effort by all  :clapping  :bow :thumbsup :cheers :gotigers

Agree. Tiges fans have coughed up the coin, hope it actually manages to get this club off the canvas.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #646 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »
Strong rumour is that jster has paid the balance to berete all employees at the club in a 10 minute tirade at the b&f tomorrow night  :shh
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #647 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
Vice President Maurice O'Shanassay tonight said we've past the $6 million mark  :thumbsup  :clapping

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #648 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
Vice President Maurice O'Shanassay tonight said we've past the $6 million mark  :thumbsup  :clapping

Without sound though
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #649 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
So what will our debt level be at now? How much of the $6mill went to retiring debt?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #650 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »
So what will our debt level be at now? How much of the $6mill went to retiring debt?

3mill went on debt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #651 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

3mill went on debt
Yep that sounds right. We had already paid $2m from memory and O'Shanassay tonight said as a result of reaching the $6 million target another million of debt would be retired. So we are on track to wipe out all our debt by 2014 as planned if not sooner if the FTF is continued on next year as alluded to in the last members survey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #652 on: September 05, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Richmond's financial fillip
afl.com.au
10:14 PM Wed 05 Sep, 2012

RICHMOND'S resurgence as an off-field powerhouse has continued, with the club announcing its Fighting Tiger Fund has reached the ambitious $6 million target at Wednesday night's Jack Dyer Medal function at Crown Palladium.

More than 1300 Richmond members and supporters were in the room when vice-president Maurice O’Shannassy made the announcement.

Launched in 2011, the FTF was established to provide the club with a significant cash injection to allow it to reduce the burden of debt and invest in football.

At the time, Richmond chief Brendon Gale described the fund as the opportunity for the Tigers to break the cycle of mediocrity and to give itself the opportunity, to not only compete, but to once again be a great football club.

"The Richmond faithful have blown us away yet again. Their loyalty and passion for this club is its greatest strength and we owe every one of them a great debt of gratitude," Gale said.

"The best way we can repay those that have provided us with this wonderful opportunity is to deliver the on-field success we all crave, and that challenge will take a very important step over the off-season and into 2013."

The support of the FTF has allowed Punt Road Oval to undergo the biggest facelift in its history. It will have a state-of-the-art surface and the dimensions of Etihad Stadium.

"These works were critical to ensure our home was a facility fit for an elite sporting team. It will greatly enhance our capacity to properly prepare our football team," Gale said.

"As a result, Punt Road Oval will also be home to our stand-alone reserves side in 2014 - a decision we've brought forward by one year thanks to the FTF. That is a wonderful outcome for the Richmond Football Club.

"Beyond this, the FTF means our improved financial position will allow us to be active in the free agency market and more effectively manage our playing list moving forward.

"And by the end of this financial year, we will have wiped in excess of $2.5 million off our debt in the past two years.

"It has been an enormous effort and everyone who contributed should be proud of the role they have played in making it happen."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146929/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #654 on: September 06, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
lets crank it up again. :shh

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #655 on: September 06, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »

3mill went on debt
Yep that sounds right. We had already paid $2m from memory and O'Shanassay tonight said as a result of reaching the $6 million target another million of debt would be retired. So we are on track to wipe out all our debt by 2014 as planned if not sooner if the FTF is continued on next year as alluded to in the last members survey.

Last year we took $1m off the debt (http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12341.435)
This year we will retire another million of debt.
So from the FTF we pay off 50% to retire debt.
50% of $6m equals $2m.
By the end of this financial year (Oct 31?) we will have retired $2.5m.
Is the extra half million coming from operating profit.

Oh right it's accounting 101 at Richmond

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #656 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »
lets crank it up again. :shh

Why stop at 6 sheesh wouldnt suprise at all to reach 60 once we really get some momentum :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #657 on: September 06, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
50% of $6m equals $2m.

Last time I checked 50% of $6mil is $3mil not $2mil  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Jackstar

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #658 on: September 06, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
50% of $6m equals $2m.

Last time I checked 50% of $6mil is $3mil not $2mil  :-\

Probably the Tigers CFO posting there Bill.   :lol:lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #659 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »