Author Topic: Tigers are still the premiership favourite: Dal Santo (SEN)  (Read 540 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers are still the premiership favourite: Dal Santo (SEN)
« on: April 06, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »
DAL SANTO'S PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITE AFTER THREE ROUNDS

BY SEN
6 April 2021

Nick Dal Santo believes Richmond is still premiership favourties, despite being stunned by Sydney last time out.

For a second consecutive season, the Tigers were shock losers in Round 3, as the unbeaten Swans piled on eight goals in the second quarter to run out 45-point winners at the MCG.

But Dal Santo isn't worried about the Tigers, despite the unexpected result.

The three-time All-Australian said it was difficult for Damien Hardwick's side – who has won three of the last four premierships – to keep backing up every week knowing opposition sides are out to knock them off their perch.

“It’s really hard for the Tigers,” Dal Santo told SEN's Dwayne World.

“It’s hard to front up week after week and keep performing and having this high standard. You know that the opposition is coming with everything that they’ve got.

“The Swans were brilliant, but did they set the template (to beat Richmond)? Probably. But everyone who plays them needs to be able to replicate that, but the Tigers don’t need much space to get things right again.

“I'm still backing the Tigers in and I still have them as flag favourites, until I’m proven wrong – and that would probably mean they lose on Grand Final day – I still have them ahead of everybody else.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/04/06/dal-santos-premiership-favourite-after-three-rounds/