Author Topic: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton  (Read 54863 times)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton
« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
Spot on Smokey, X has been one of the biggest baggers of our players on this website.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: July 17, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
I think that's really sad. There are times when I feel embarrassed looking at some of the treatment of some of our players.

i agree. totally rrofo, we should be supporting these guys esp when they really want to play for us and run so hard. no matter what errors jordan makes, one thing is for sure, he always tries and runs his heart out. i really hope he continues to play with passion and not listen to some of his bashers

OMG he plays yet another good game against against average opposition and out comes the spin.

all i want is for him and our other soft players to play like that when it counts, against quality opposition.

i actually think its sad that TW has to come out and defend his PRIZE recruit. its comical actually!!!

Every footballer is subject to ridicule from time to time, not only in AFL but every code in the world.

Memo TW and Jordy: build a bridge and get over it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »
I think that's really sad. There are times when I feel embarrassed looking at some of the treatment of some of our players.
I agree but I'm pretty sure we would be no better or worse than any other side that's not sitting pretty near the top.

He couldnt hold a permanent spot at the Bulldogs last year, played 7 games at Werribee :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: July 17, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
I agree but I'm pretty sure we would be no better or worse than any other side that's not sitting pretty near the top.

He couldnt hold a permanent spot at the Bulldogs last year, played 7 games at Werribee :banghead

That's last year.

Lindsay Gilbee was playing his role.  Now he has it for himself at another team.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: July 17, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »

That's last year.

Lindsay Gilbee was playing his role.  Now he has it for himself at another team.

come on T.Alive do you honestly think that was the reason he played for werribee late last year?? I dont but thats my opinion!!

I just think his best games are only against very poor sides and he is found out against quality sides..You must agree with that??

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: July 17, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »

That's last year.

come on T.Alive do you honestly think that was the reason he played for werribee late last year?? I dont but thats my opinion!!

I just think his best games are only against very poor sides and he is found out against quality sides..You must agree with that??

I think having Gilbee above him made him more expendable but his form attributed to it as well.

However his form is much better this year than last.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #501 on: July 18, 2008, 12:03:20 AM »
Of course he would want to play with us , no other club would be sostupid to pay him $310,000 a year :banghead
Actually Port Adelaide were willing to pay his asking price, so you're wrong
300k is about the average AFL salary anyway

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #502 on: July 18, 2008, 12:49:30 AM »

Memo TW and Jordy: build a bridge and get over it.

Memo to Daniel: Please do the same for all our sakes!!!  :banghead McMahon is playing pretty good footy at the moment. We're not playing against garbage cans so he is proving his worth.

And yes, Infamy is 100% correct! Port wanted him also.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #503 on: July 19, 2008, 02:06:29 AM »
It wasn't just form on-field or lack of it that affected Jordie last year. He also had well documented problems in his personal life last year. He said he was looking for a fresh start at either Port or Richmond.

ridiculed by a section of the Club’s supporter base . . .

Surely they don't read this site do they?

If they do - I'm going to write more often.

Hey Jordie - you're ok -  :bow

ps - what's with the Mo?
LOL

When I first saw Wallace's quote on EOTT I thought it had to be directed at this thread and all 34 pages mostly about McMahon and not Mitch ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #504 on: July 19, 2008, 02:37:25 AM »
Yeah Jordy what's with the mo ? you gunna surprise me on a private video soon  :rollin

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #505 on: July 19, 2008, 05:25:56 PM »
McMahon

10 possessions in the last quarter and deemed a key contributor to our 4thQ (according to ABC Radio).  That's not downhill skiing.

jackstar

« Reply #506 on: July 19, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
can any of you genuises tell me who he played on ? or he didnt play on anyone ????    I watched and I couldnt work it out.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: July 19, 2008, 11:09:05 PM »
Jack he played on himself thats who.

I will never be convinced about this guy. He is a nothing player. So soft!!

Morton on the other hand well thankyou very much eagles for giving us a gem.

jackstar

« Reply #508 on: July 20, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »
Jack he played on himself thats who.

I will never be convinced about this guy. He is a nothing player. So soft!!

Morton on the other hand well thankyou very much eagles for giving us a gem.

In regards to Jordon, wait till we play a team above us ::)
Morton is a gem :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »
West Australian
July 30, 2008 - 4:15PM

While Judd is the standout inter-club recruit of the year, several other AFL teams have also reaped a benefit this season from player trades.

Richmond - Mitch Morton (from West Coast) and Jordan McMahon (from Western Bulldogs)

After managing just 12 games, for 11 goals, in three seasons with the Eagles, 21-year-old Morton has blossomed at Tigerland. He has 27 goals from 12 games with the Tigers, including 18 in the past six rounds, with his combination of marking ability and ground level tenacity providing a useful blend.

McMahon's pace and skill out of defence have fitted in well with the fast-paced running game being developed by Richmond.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/the-big-bang-for-the-blues-20080730-3nao.html