Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 224991 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Patrick Dangerfield to Vic?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Gibbs for Dangerfield. hahahahahahaha
Given the choice I'd take Dangerfield ahead of Gibbs for sure
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »
hought this was aired 12 months ago and he re-signed...whats changed ::)
Wasn't that Knights? If he says he wants to come to Tigerland, then we are in the box seat, otherwise will cost us too much.

I reckon BJ17 is onthe money I am sure Dangerfield signed a new contract last year tying him to the Crows until the end of 2012
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »
hought this was aired 12 months ago and he re-signed...whats changed ::)
Wasn't that Knights? If he says he wants to come to Tigerland, then we are in the box seat, otherwise will cost us too much.

I reckon BJ17 is onthe money I am sure Dangerfield signed a new contract last year tying him to the Crows until the end of 2012

Anyone know how to get this confirmed? Wont be happy with my reliable source lol
Go Tigers!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
Gibbs for Dangerfield. hahahahahahaha
Given the choice I'd take Dangerfield ahead of Gibbs for sure

Yeah but if you were Carlton, on output so far, you'd want more.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
I remember him signing a long term deal too
Doesnt mean he can't still ask for a trade but the asking price will be very high

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »
Anyone know how to get this confirmed? Wont be happy with my reliable source lol

Would seem your "reliable source" is either on the sauce or a dud  ;D

From July 2010 when he re-signed:

Patrick Dangerfield commits to Crows
Al Paton
Herald Sun
July 28, 2010 6:02PM

ADELAIDE has headed off interest from the Gold Coast and Geelong to re-sign emerging midfield star Patrick Dangerfield.

Dangerfield signed a new contract with the Crows today, although the length and terms are not known.

See: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/patrick-dangerfield-commits-to-crows/story-e6frf9jf-1225898140290

And from just a few days ago the 2/6/2011:

"Twenty-one-year-old Victorian Dangerfield told foxsports.com.au that the laidback nature of his adopted hometown was a key in him inking a new deal tying him to the Crows until the end of 2012.

Dangerfield, the No.10 pick in the 2007 national draft, looms as a prime target for Greater Western Sydney and Victorian clubs when his current contract runs out.

The Mark Ricciuto clone will be in high demand but it appears those chasing him will be wasting his time.

"I am enjoying my time over here, that's the reason I re-signed at the end of last season," Dangerfield said
"

See: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/adelaide-crows-young-gun-patrick-dangerfield-reveals-the-factors-keeping-him-in-the-city-of-churches/story-e6frf3e3-1226067877507

for the full article

Enough said really

Moral of the story - be careful of "reliable sources if they've been on the sauce"  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
The boy loves shhithole one-horse towns. Good news for Adelaide and Geelong  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »

Apparently Carlton are contemplating a straight swap for Gibbs.

Carlton = winners in that one!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »

You are kidding right? Carlton will never make that BACKWARDS trade. Gibbs is becoming an A grader and while his 2011 output is not as good as previous he is a far better option that Dangerfield.

so dangerfield has kicked a few goals on the run here or there. WGAF. Far too inconsistent for mine. Watch his games.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »
Dangerfield is contracted

he can ask to be traded but Adel wont trade him

So who cares  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »

You are kidding right? Carlton will never make that BACKWARDS trade. Gibbs is becoming an A grader and while his 2011 output is not as good as previous he is a far better option that Dangerfield.

so dangerfield has kicked a few goals on the run here or there. WGAF. Far too inconsistent for mine. Watch his games.

Sorry Daniel, forgot my sarcastic smiley!  You are right, I wouldn't trade Gibbs for Dangerfield in a pink fit - Adelaide would be ecstatic with that outcome!!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

Would seem your "reliable source" is either on the sauce or a dud  ;D

From July 2010 when he re-signed:

Patrick Dangerfield commits to Crows
Al Paton
Herald Sun
July 28, 2010 6:02PM

ADELAIDE has headed off interest from the Gold Coast and Geelong to re-sign emerging midfield star Patrick Dangerfield.

Dangerfield signed a new contract with the Crows today, although the length and terms are not known.

See: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/patrick-dangerfield-commits-to-crows/story-e6frf9jf-1225898140290

And from just a few days ago the 2/6/2011:

"Twenty-one-year-old Victorian Dangerfield told foxsports.com.au that the laidback nature of his adopted hometown was a key in him inking a new deal tying him to the Crows until the end of 2012.

Dangerfield, the No.10 pick in the 2007 national draft, looms as a prime target for Greater Western Sydney and Victorian clubs when his current contract runs out.

The Mark Ricciuto clone will be in high demand but it appears those chasing him will be wasting his time.

"I am enjoying my time over here, that's the reason I re-signed at the end of last season," Dangerfield said
"

See: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/adelaide-crows-young-gun-patrick-dangerfield-reveals-the-factors-keeping-him-in-the-city-of-churches/story-e6frf3e3-1226067877507

for the full article

Enough said really

Moral of the story - be careful of "reliable sources if they've been on the sauce"  ;D

Only just read this.

I thought it was interesting info so interested in talking about it, no harm in that?

Will be interesting come trade week if Adelaide have lost their coach and finish bottom 4 what Dangerfield's intentions are.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
Hutchy said tonight Dangerfield has linked his future at Adelaide with that of Neil Craig's. They also showed Dangerfield on Before the Game saying the hardest part of visiting his family back home is leaving for the airport and he's taking playing in Adelaide one year at a time or moreso one week at a time given how they are playing.

gerkin greg

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:19 PM »
Please, no "Hutchy saids"

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2011, 01:29:55 PM »
They also showed Dangerfield on Before the Game saying the hardest part of visiting his family back home is leaving for the airport and he's taking playing in Adelaide one year at a time or moreso one week at a time given how they are playing.
Saw that. Crows would be very nervous about those comments. Specially the ' one week at a time because we are s*it ' comment.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos