Author Topic: 3 assistants gone - Choco, Mellor & Smith [updated]  (Read 9400 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 5 assistants gone
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »
Other than Maric, Chaplin and McKenzie all retired who else do we think will be delisted?

All the duds I'd hoped for have contracts. Houli, Grigg, Hunt, Hampson

I'd say Soldo and Marcon should go. Both not AFL standard and never will be IMO.

And maybe Townsend and Moore.

So who do you replace Soldo with?
Anyone that can actually play the game at a decent level.
Jobs for mates/cousins
Soldo is a putrid footballer

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »
Other than Maric, Chaplin and McKenzie all retired who else do we think will be delisted?

All the duds I'd hoped for have contracts. Houli, Grigg, Hunt, Hampson

I'd say Soldo and Marcon should go. Both not AFL standard and never will be IMO.

And maybe Townsend and Moore.

So who do you replace Soldo with?
Anyone that can actually play the game at a decent level.
Jobs for mates/cousins
Soldo is a putrid footballer

Isn't a great look hiring someone because he's a players cousin but I think you may expect a bit much from a category B rookie

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2016, 06:37:04 AM »
Sacked one day then offered 1 year deals and can explore options.FFS make the hard calls sack them all with Dimma an d make hard decsions I have no faith in these ppl running the club.Clowns !!!!!.

tony_montana

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »
mind boggling -

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »
Sacked one day then offered 1 year deals and can explore options.FFS make the hard calls sack them all with Dimma an d make hard decsions I have no faith in these ppl running the club.Clowns !!!!!.

They've all been offered i year?

FMD.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »

FMD.

Lade has been

Circus fc
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »

FMD.

Lade has been

Circus fc

Imposters the lot of em.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Choco' among three Tiger assistant coaches dumped (afl site)
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2016, 05:46:34 PM »
'Choco' among three Tiger assistants dumped

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
September 1, 2016

RICHMOND has dumped three assistant coaches as part of its football department reshape, with premiership coach Mark Williams shown the door.

Williams, who joined the Tigers at the end of 2012 to head up the club's development program, was joined by forwards coach Greg Mellor and defensive coordinator Ross Smith.

All three were out of contract and victims of a wide-ranging review into the club's football department undertaken with the help of accounting firm Ernst and Young.

"We thank all of these coaches for their commitment to the club, its players and our football program, and we wish all of them and their families the very best for their future endeavours," football manager Dan Richardson said.

Former Carlton and Footscray player Mark P. Williams survived the initial cull, while assistant coach Brendon Lade is understood to have a one-year offer to stay.

"The club has offered us a one-year deal and also given us permission to look at the market," Lade's manager Craig Kelly told AFL.com.au this week.

Also remaining as part of the Tigers' senior panel is highly-rated assistant Ben Rutten, who they are keen to retain.

Development coaches Andrew McQualter, Ryan Ferguson remain with the club, while retired defender Troy Chaplin has been transitioning into coaching since his last game in round 16.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-01/mark-williams-among-three-richmond-assistant-coaches-shown-the-door

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 3 assistants gone - Choco, Mellor & Smith [updated]
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2016, 05:51:37 PM »
Lol club still raiding through Myer bargain basement sales  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2016, 05:54:31 PM »
We thank all of these coaches for their commitment to the club, its players and our football program, and we wish all of them and their families the very best for their future endeavours," football manager Dan Richardson said.

L M A O
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »
Dangerous Dan with his usual poomouth
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »
Taking off rose coloured 'hate Hardwick' glasses for a second.

It there any possible chance that any sporting organisation sack the lot of their middle management 'assistant coaches' and not the head coach and be successful the next year.

We have next to know chance to implement a new game plan under a new regime that is lead by the old boss. Hardwick will be sacked by August next year. Making next year as pointless as Essendons year this year. Just effing sack him, bring in Ratten or Thompson or Roos and let them build THEIR assistants around them.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
'Choco' among three Tiger assistants dumped

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
September 1, 2016

RICHMOND has dumped three assistant coaches as part of its football department reshape, with premiership coach Mark Williams shown the door.

Williams, who joined the Tigers at the end of 2012 to head up the club's development program, was joined by forwards coach Greg Mellor and defensive coordinator Ross Smith.

All three were out of contract and victims of a wide-ranging review into the club's football department undertaken with the help of accounting firm Ernst and Young.

"We thank all of these coaches for their commitment to the club, its players and our football program, and we wish all of them and their families the very best for their future endeavours," football manager Dan Richardson said.

Former Carlton and Footscray player Mark P. Williams survived the initial cull, while assistant coach Brendon Lade is understood to have a one-year offer to stay.

"The club has offered us a one-year deal and also given us permission to look at the market," Lade's manager Craig Kelly told AFL.com.au this week.

Also remaining as part of the Tigers' senior panel is highly-rated assistant Ben Rutten, who they are keen to retain.

Development coaches Andrew McQualter, Ryan Ferguson remain with the club, while retired defender Troy Chaplin has been transitioning into coaching since his last game in round 16.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-01/mark-williams-among-three-richmond-assistant-coaches-shown-the-door

FACT. :clapping :gotigers  :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
Why was chocco sacked ? Though he was doing well. Obviously had a big influence on martin

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »
Why was chocco sacked ? Though he was doing well. Obviously had a big influence on martin

Head of development says it all I'm afraid. Did well with Martin but couldn't develop others with his old style teaching.