Author Topic: Changes next week for the Pies games?  (Read 8476 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Changes next week for the Pies games?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
very much hope young Dea has a good game

Circling.....sniffing bait.........

Dea have a good game?, you can win Tattslotto first :nope

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
Hang on, Jack are you trying to tell us that you DONT acutally rate Dea????   :huh
Im confused...

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Don't think you can drop Post yet, 1 game is not enough.

You certainly can and it is

What he showed last night actually wasn't the same as what he has shown over the last 2 seasons it was actually worse. Disppointed doesn't even come close to how I'd describe it

When you've been in the system 4+ years, still refuse to chase, have no awareness of what's going on around you, you drop your head when you've made a mistake and above anything else you pull out of contest when you are around 6ft 4"-5" and weigh in at over 90kgs because you appear you don't want to take a hit from a smaller opponent then I would argue that 1 game is more than enough.

He was drafted 2008 so unless I have it wrong this is his 4th season now. He was a year after Rance and if you look at the threads a year or so back about Rance you could almost just swap the name "Post " for where is says "Rance". I didnt think he was a bad as you do and I think with time he will be ok. Leave him in for me.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Footy Barometer - Round 2 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 2

Sam Landsberger
    April 02, 2012 1:47PM

ON THE BLOCK: Second-tier recruit Steve Morris struggled with the pace of AFL while Addam Maric was held goalless in attack.

ON THE CUSP: Jake King is free to return from suspension and will give the Tigers a bit of mongrel against Collingwood. Matthew White kicked two goals in the VFL and Jake Batchelor racked up plenty of touches for Coburg across half-back.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: Gallant for a bit more than three quarters, the Tigers will be disappointed they were so easily overrun by Carlton. Collingwood, Geelong away and West Coast in the next month builds for a nightmare start but a winnable game against Melbourne in between. Good thing Damien Hardwick is already re-signed or the fickle faithful could quickly start asking questions.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/footy-barometer-round-2/story-e6frecjc-1226316549162

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »
where do they get these guys? struggling with the pace of the game on debut does not put you on the block, it's pretty much expected.

I would be very surprised if morris got the chop this week
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Don't think you can drop Post yet, 1 game is not enough.

You certainly can and it is

What he showed last night actually wasn't the same as what he has shown over the last 2 seasons it was actually worse. Disppointed doesn't even come close to how I'd describe it

When you've been in the system 4+ years, still refuse to chase, have no awareness of what's going on around you, you drop your head when you've made a mistake and above anything else you pull out of contest when you are around 6ft 4"-5" and weigh in at over 90kgs because you appear you don't want to take a hit from a smaller opponent then I would argue that 1 game is more than enough.

He was drafted 2008 so unless I have it wrong this is his 4th season now. He was a year after Rance and if you look at the threads a year or so back about Rance you could almost just swap the name "Post " for where is says "Rance". I didnt think he was a bad as you do and I think with time he will be ok. Leave him in for me.
Rance always had a go though Fluffy.
However, I am a fan of Postie for reasons i am unsure of. Maybe it is because he shows us every now and again what he can achieve. I agree with you Fluffy, a bit more time is needed and i don't think he played as bad as many think. Maybe thats a little from column A; some may have him in the gun, and a little from column B; i can see no wrong!

tony_montana

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »
Batchelor and King need to come in. I give up mentioning who to drop as they never get dropped... I think we can play Nahas, maric and King in the same side, not all 3 need to be in the fwd line simultaneously, one can push high when cotch/martin/lids rest fwd to give our fwd line a bit more variety

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2012, 04:59:29 PM »
Jay Schulz is wondering why he didn't get the "he's only young" defense when he was Postys age (only 3-4 years ago ;D)

I still think Post can make it. He has to take a poo load of marks to make it as a KPD though. There's nothing special about his ability as a stopper so we need him to have an impact with his marking. At 23 years old this year it is time for Posty to stand up.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Jay Schulz is wondering why he didn't get the "he's only young" defense when he was Postys age (only 3-4 years ago ;D)

C'mon guy you are better than this

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »

C'mon guy you are better than this

Errr ok Davey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL site saying Ellis could be dropped
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix
By Paul Daffey
afl.com.au

The Tigers are almost at full strength, with only half-back Brad Helbig (foot) being added to the injury list after last weekend. The Tigers are unlikely to make too many changes to the line-up that lost to Carlton in round one, although there is a chance that half-back Brandon Ellis will be replaced. Ellis struggled with the pace of the game in his debut.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132157/default.aspx

Offline The Mole

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
Saw that too  , very interesting comment but i would be suprised

dwaino

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
In: Batch .... Out: Ellis ?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
Really surprised that Ellis is being thought of in these discussions.  First gamer who showed shedloads more ability and attitude than a 4th year player - can't conceive that Ellis would be dropped before Post.  But then again, Jackson keeps getting game.

tony_montana

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
Ellis wont get dropped after rnd 1, Dimma mentioned him and said he was dissapointed he didnt demand it more as he feels comfortable with the ball in Ellis's hands (or something to that effect).