Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 94575 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Richmond showing interest in Chris Knights: Ch 7/H-Sun
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »
Why is Knights showing defiance, TFT?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 01:26:33 PM »

He defiantly got out of bed and didn't do his hammy. His family threw him a party.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »
He is defiantly an upgrade on half a dozen currently on our list.

This is the main point. He is coming via free agency, he isnt costing anything. Means we can delist a player of lesser quality and out list improves, whether he is in the best 22 or not, that seems like a no brainer.

This makes sense. I think this is why we have a list manager
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »

Because I can't spell :(

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »
This kid is better than anything we have running around at Coburg - get it done
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:45:35 PM by Big Papa Bear »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2012, 03:31:35 AM »
Adelaide's Chris Knights is an unrestricted free agent, which means, if his recruitment goes as they expect, the Tigers will satisfy him with an offer he can accept immediately.

Knights is 26 next week and can play half-forward with stints in the midfield.

The club believes he can add to its depth as a small forward/flanker, given the Tigers were vulnerable when Jake King was injured this year.Free agency compensation is worked out in the same way as compensation for contracted players lost to expansion clubs.

Herald-Sun link

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2012, 05:39:15 PM »
Hang on, so we dont have to give up a pick, but Adelaide just get handed a pick from the afl? Is that how it works?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
yep.

white fella magic, that one
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
yep.

Story checks out.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
yep.

Nice work if you can get it :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »
Those saying he will cost us nothing are only partially correct. He will take a spot on our list, one that could be filled by a promising youngster.
how many aged 22 and under did we have this yr. id say close to 25 players. we have enough kids to develop already and we will take our fair share again this draft but we can do with more mature types to balance out the list.

give me a proven state league player or afl  player from another club over a skinner rookie pick who has numerous weaknesses in his game and is highly unlikely to make it.

players like king and nahas have given us much more than the majority of late nd and rookie picks we have used on kids. even nason and webberley pmanaged to play senior footy unlike most rookie picks the vast majority of whom you take with chronic weakness usually spend two yrs building them up physically only to cut them after two yrs to go thru the process again. balance it out find your quality in the nd thru kids.  find your footsoldiers and depth in the stateleagues and from other clubs thru a reasonable amount of mature types.

chris knights is an automatic upgrade on the likes of macdonald connors webberley white turner even if he only plays 5 or 6 servicable games next yr.

lets see all of grigg, houli maric morris tuck king nahas miller have given much more than any 18 yo  rookie or late pick we have taken in the last 5 yrs.
take your kids in the top 50 odd in the nd and then balance out what you do taking your fair share of mature players.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Chris Knights quits Adelaide
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »
Chris Knights walks out on Adelaide Crows

CHRIS Knights has quit Adelaide.

The 96-game midfielder/forward will explore free agency after becoming frustrated by the lack of opportunities he was given with the Crows this year.

Knights - who turns 26 tomorrow - played just five games this season and did not feature in Adelaide's finals campaign.

An unrestricted free agent, Knights is free to join the club of his choice and is understood to wants to join Richmond.

Crows football operations manager Phil Harper said the club understood Knights' decision and thanked him for his eight years service to the club.

"We've got no beef with Chris's decision at all," Harper said.

"Due to an early injury and the good form of other players he struggled to get into our team this year but he never whinged and kept training hard and playing well in the SANFL (for Woodville-West Torrens).

"It's just unfortunate for him that opportunities didn't come his way but he played some very good football for our club over the years.''

The Victorian was drafted from Eastern under-18s at pick 56 at the 2004 national draft and had a breakout year in 2009 when he kicked a career-high 43 goals.

The long-kicking left-footer finished his Crows career with 68 goals, including three this season.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/chris-knights-walks-out-on-adelaide-crows/story-fnahrqwo-1226481063878
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Chris Knights quits Adelaide
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
Do it, Tiges  :shh®
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »
Chris Knights walks out on Adelaide Crows

CHRIS Knights has quit Adelaide.

The 96-game midfielder/forward will explore free agency after becoming frustrated by the lack of opportunities he was given with the Crows this year.

Knights - who turns 26 tomorrow - played just five games this season and did not feature in Adelaide's finals campaign.

An unrestricted free agent, Knights is free to join the club of his choice and is understood to wants to join Richmond.

Crows football operations manager Phil Harper said the club understood Knights' decision and thanked him for his eight years service to the club.

"We've got no beef with Chris's decision at all," Harper said.

"Due to an early injury and the good form of other players he struggled to get into our team this year but he never whinged and kept training hard and playing well in the SANFL (for Woodville-West Torrens).

"It's just unfortunate for him that opportunities didn't come his way but he played some very good football for our club over the years.''

The Victorian was drafted from Eastern under-18s at pick 56 at the 2004 national draft and had a breakout year in 2009 when he kicked a career-high 43 goals.

The long-kicking left-footer finished his Crows career with 68 goals, including three this season.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/chris-knights-walks-out-on-adelaide-crows/story-fnahrqwo-1226481063878

So who was it that kept him out of the side? Dangerfield? Sloane? Van Berlo? Wright? Sheesh, I can see why he's frustrated.  Just do it Tiges!  :clapping  Welcome to Tigerland Chris!   :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
I think the fact he was leaving kept him out of the side  ;)