Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 189808 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio yet to watch Richmond's grand final win (Age)
« Reply #1980 on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:52 AM »
Apparently Cotch was commended on some footy show for going to Lids after the Prelim, his response was “maybe I shouldn’t have as Lids didn’t congratulate us after the GF win”

Brilliant :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1981 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:34 AM »
The only Richmond player Deledio has had any contact with since the grand final was his close mate Shaun Grigg.

“It’s just a bit raw at the moment and doesn’t feel right texting them to say congratulations,” Deledio said.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m really rapt for them they’ve won it, but bringing myself to say congratulations is a little bit tough at the moment. The time will come when I’ll reach out.”

There was an added level of pain for the 30-year-old as Richmond beat the Giants in the grand final qualifier one week earlier.

“I faced a lot of mixed emotions during the last quarter, knowing what the result was going to be,” Deledio said.

“I choked back a few tears at times sitting on the bench, just knowing I wasn’t going to get the fairytale finish I was hoping for — playing in a grand final.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brett-deledios-pain-of-watching-former-club-win-the-flag-was-too-much/news-story/8218c380c7ca7fff2f65936d871b2d88

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1982 on: October 20, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »
Have been saying for the past few years that he was a problem in the club, his elitist attitude to the younger guys was a real issue

He made the call to leave, and thankfully he did.

Speaks volumes of the guy that he cant even congratulate his mates on their success, only says one thing and that is that the whole world revolves around Brett and Brett alone, such a selfish prick

As someone else said, suck it up princess cause it aint going away any time soon

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1983 on: October 20, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »
Personally hope the Jaffas never win a flag

tony_montana

« Reply #1984 on: October 20, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
disappointing from lids - but not surprising...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1985 on: October 20, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
Personally hope the Jaffas never win a flag

If they get their act together and start playing as a team they'll win the next 5..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #1986 on: October 20, 2017, 04:30:18 PM »
Ty is the true victim here.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1987 on: October 20, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
Ty is the true victim here.

Yesssssssssss ol screecharoo
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1988 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
Quite frankly don't care about how Lids is feeling about all this.

I did post before the GWS game that I hoped he had a good game, but once they were knocked out, it is all done and dusted.

Best of luck to him from here, but we have all moved on.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1989 on: October 20, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“I wish he was there”: Rance saddened by ex-Tiger Deledio's flag miss (SEN)
« Reply #1990 on: October 20, 2017, 11:30:10 PM »
“I wish he was there”: Rance saddened by ex-Tiger’s flag miss

By Justin Talent
SEN
20 October 2017

Richmond premiership star Alex Rance says he feels unhappy that former teammate Brett Deledio missed out on the club’s drought breaking premiership this year.

The now-GWS player spoke out of the “raw” feeling of missing out on the Tigers’ emphatic 2017 premiership this week, revealing that he had not watched a single minute of the game due to the fear that it would mentally affect him. Rance says that the Richmond life member’s words leaves him wishing that he was part of their Grand Final victory last month.

“I wish I played in a flag with him,” he told SEN’s The Run Home.

“A lot of my career was played with him. We slogged it out for a long period of time and that is potentially what burns him out a bit I guess.

“Being the number one man and the number one pick who was always relied upon, a multiple best and fairest, and then just said I couldn’t do it anymore.

“It’s sad that he couldn’t get the reward from a team perspective and yeah, it does make me unhappy to know that he missed out.”

The 30-year-old 2004 number one draft pick exited Richmond in the 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period, joining the Giants after 243 games in the yellow and black.

Despite the Giants being widely tipped to win the 2017 premiership, they were one of Richmond’s victims in September, stumbling to the eventual premiers by 36 points in a preliminary final.

The game at the MCG was also Deledio’s 250th AFL game.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/10/20/i-wish-he-was-there-rance-saddened-by-ex-tiger's-flag-miss/

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1991 on: October 21, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »
Would he have got a game? Was playing terrible uninspired ineffective footy leading up to his 250th. Not only that but in the prelim when he had the opportunity to tuck the ball under his arm and kick a team lifting goal from outside fifty he chose to revert to the 2016 thing and chip it sideways which allowed all our boys to flood the defensive 50.   :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1992 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:28 PM »
Would he have got a game? Was playing terrible uninspired ineffective footy leading up to his 250th. Not only that but in the prelim when he had the opportunity to tuck the ball under his arm and kick a team lifting goal from outside fifty he chose to revert to the 2016 thing and chip it sideways which allowed all our boys to flood the defensive 50.   :clapping

Aside from anything else, not sure he would fit our current pressure gameplan.

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1993 on: October 21, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
I still don't blame him for moving after 2016 and having seen it all before with Wallace I can accept he wanted to go to a team that was going to contend. Still it looks bad to not congatulate the guys.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond