Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 195516 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:14 PM »
Football clubs are the ones which teach life lessons are they?

I thought they were focused on football. And left the life lessons to the authorities of the state or church
Absolutely yes they do. Even at a local footy club, there is a tremendous ethos on people achieving life goals outside of football.

As for church, not even 50% of young people in Australia regularly attend it. Can you really hold church as a better alternative to moulding young men than a football club?

I couldn't give a flyin rats toss bag

I want a flag

Not a god dam team of role models they are crap at the sport in question

Come back to me when they win one flag then you can do all the PC crap you wish
And you think I don't want a flag?

What kind a pathetic justification for Martin's supposed actions is that?

I want it so I don't give a poo about anyone else's wellbeing.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:18:37 PM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
KB is dillusional, Dusty deserves nothing of the sort. She should be minding her own business, and if she was that offended she should have gone to the police not wait for some anti richmond mate of hers to insist she report it.

Bents is 100% right this is an issue only because it was a female. If it was a man it would be a very different story, bit like the young lass who pushed the cop aye!!!

Imagine if dusty did that :shh

Nothing story but to appease the usuals, give him a few weeks off and a 20k fine. To quote bents we are here to win a flag not get involved with this media driven 1 year rubbish.

BTW what did didak cop for that christopher hudson incident?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »
Taking Crocker over Markov would've handy...closest in the draft to Martin.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2015, 01:59:42 PM »
This thread is losing the plot.

6 week ban? 12 month ban?

Seriously.......
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »

Martin was quoted in the club statement as saying: “Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable.

“I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.”

“If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate.”

HAHAHA if they're going to fake quote him at least make it believable.

Not sure he deserves much of a suspension really. I would think threatening someone, although bad, is a lot better than actually doing something. What happened after Clarkson attacked a fan? All this extra attention because the person was a female and because its Dustin Martin

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »
Clarko snotted a bloke

Rosie batty is kotcha with that
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
Okay, he are finally some responses from senior Club officials ...

--------------------------------------------------------

Club manager Dan Richardson said Martin would be counselled over his alleged behaviour.

“This was an issue involving alcohol on the weekend, but that’s not to say it’s an ongoing issue,” Mr Richardson said.

“This issue on the weekend is certainly something that we’ll talk to Dustin about and work through that and go from there.”

The Tiger’s leadership group will also discuss whether any further disciplinary action is required.

[http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/12/07/17/11/richmond-afl-player-dustin-martin-apologises-after-altercation-woman-melbourne-restaurant#Tm7hVtVAuz0rodJc.99

“This is certainly a bit of a hiccup, something that he’s not happy about and neither are we,” said Tigers football manager Daniel Richardson.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/08/afl-player-dustin-martin-regrets-threat-to-stab-woman-in-face-with-chopstick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2015, 02:14:50 PM »
RICHMOND CEO Brendon Gale says Dustin Martin “acted like a goose” when he threatened to kill a woman while drunk at a Melbourne restaurant at the weekend.

Speaking at a Women in Leadership Summit this morning, Gale said Martin had made a “very serious mistake” when he threatened to kill a young woman and stab her in the eye with chopsticks at a Chapel St restaurant on Saturday night.

Gale is a Male Champion of Change, one of a number of high-profile and influential men helping to advance gender equality in Victoria.

He said the incident created an opportunity for the club to say what was considered acceptable behaviour towards women.

Gale would not comment further on the issue to the Herald Sun following the panel discussion, but said the club would release a statement about Martin later today.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dustin-martin-in-drunken-altercation-at-chapel-st-restaurant/news-story/56f92229cabcae3a33288c5748d683c2

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

I thought they were focused on football. And left the life lessons to the authorities of the state or church
Absolutely yes they do. Even at a local footy club, there is a tremendous ethos on people achieving life goals outside of football.

As for church, not even 50% of young people in Australia regularly attend it. Can you really hold church as a better alternative to moulding young men than a football club?

I want a flag

I've never justified anyone hitting or threatening women. In fact I'm rather against it

I merely say let the police do the policing. Or let life lessons be taught by bubbas large black willie

If a football club been rubbish for te best part of half a century - radical idea - perhaps they should stick to footy instead of Gandhi impersonations   

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:42:34 PM by one-eyed »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2015, 02:16:51 PM »
stuff her.

Good on him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2015, 02:17:18 PM »

Martin was quoted in the club statement as saying: “Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable.

“I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.”

“If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate.”

HAHAHA if they're going to fake quote him at least make it believable.

Not sure he deserves much of a suspension really. I would think threatening someone, although bad, is a lot better than actually doing something. What happened after Clarkson attacked a fan? All this extra attention because the person was a female and because its Dustin Martin

thank you

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2015, 02:17:29 PM »
By the way, what was the outcome of the charges laid against the  lady who 'actually' assaulted someone (a cop no less) on Melbourne cup day?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
 :lol :lol according to a few on here she copped her right whack.

Now dooks swap dustys face with this descent looking bird and tell me what the outcome will be. Cop laughing again?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2015, 02:20:58 PM »

I want a flag

I've never justified anyone hitting or threatening women. In fact I'm rather against it

I merely say let the police do the policing. Or let life lessons be taught by bubbas large black willie
Stalin, you really are getting out of hand with comments like that. Have you ever been molested or raped or know of people that have?  I certainly have met them and they are seriously scarred for life. You cannot make comments like that and be taken seriously as a concerned human being.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »
All the ADAM goodes supporters are in on this one.

Wankers. Lol
Caracella and Balmey.