Author Topic: The butt of jokes  (Read 1422 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The butt of jokes
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:39 AM »
The RFC even gets mentioned in Winter Olympic reports  :P.....

Yesterday, he [half-pipe snowboarder Shaun White] sent his sport to yet another level, smashing the field on his first run in the Olympic final with a pair of double corks to register a winning score of 46.8. Then, on his victory lap, he went further, unveiling the long-rumoured double McTwist 1260, a creation up there with the unicorn and the coming Richmond premiership in the annals of popular mythology.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/white-mctwists-and-turns-to-a-perfect-gold-20100218-oisj.html

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The butt of jokes
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:27:37 AM »
Well if the McTwist 1260 exists then so does the coming Richmond premiership

I'm sure medical technology can implant a horn into the face of a horse too to get all 3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:39:22 AM »
from today's Age...  ::)

Footy 2010 style has been a corker thus far. If someone told me in February that by June, Riewoldt would be starring, I would have responded in the time-honoured Australian fashion and said: ''Der!'' If they said it was Jack, then I may well have tried to locate my nephew the monkey. Funny game, footy.

Speaking of comedy, I give you the Tigers. Subscribers to their weekly sitcom sleeper hit, Everybody Loves Richmond have had excellent value for money. The introduction of some new characters this season has given the show a fresh look - surfie boy, the million-dollar man and Riewoldt, the un-injured looking the goods to lead the team out of its 30-year long tunnel and back into the light of ninth position. Dare to dream Tiges.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fun-and-games-but-what-about-some-footy-20100618-ymvg.html

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
Essendon supporter being a smart alec..no surprise
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
He's an Esendon tragic. Enough said.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
If only the wise cracks where funny, or insightful, or ironic, or witty, or even sarcastic laced with an element of truth to polarise opinion.

Lou Sweeney is definitely NOT a comedian, just a sad excuse for a journo (sic).