Author Topic: Mildura NAB match  (Read 800 times)

retygas

Mildura NAB match
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
 :gotigers It was good to see the Tigers back here once more up in Mildura (actually Red Cliffs). We looked everwhere for Brett Deledio but couldn't see him anywhere. Then we noticed him number. And him and Andrew Raines wow have they bulked up, thats why we couldn't find them. Well it was great as we got a goal in the first 2 minutes and I thought then it was our game. But it got close as the Pies kept up the flood. My best player was Cameron Howat, I thought that he moved the ball where ever he was and pin pointed his kicks. Then it was a toss up for the next best between Deledio and Raines. Our main stay being Joel Bowden was great in his defensive role. The umpireing was a little hard to understand as up one end they would pay for a push in the back or what ever but up the other end it was let go. There was one in your face free kick for kicking in danger in the 1st quarter and wasn't paid to us. We made a few ball handling mistakes but with a young team you have to expect that. What I saw was a more team orientated game form last years game, so it looks to be a better year for us. We were hunting in packs and running past to give us the open man on the move. I actually heard a Pies supporter say that we would run out of legs. But he was proven to be wrong. It was such a proud moment to be there with our Tiger gear on when the final siren went. But the last quarter seemed like it went for over half an hour, and they reported that the quarters were only to run 20 minutes. In the local papers they showed Collingwood running out and them taking marks. So is looks like the local paper is run by a Collingwood supporter, seeing that they lost. All in all it was a really good game and I'm proud to be a Tiger.  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Mildura NAB match
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »
Great stuff retygas  :thumbsup. Good to hear we were hunting in packs and running in numbers. Hopefully we can continue that into the real stuff.

What was the crowd split in your opinion (Tiger fans vs Pie fans)?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

retygas

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 08:19:33 PM »
 :gotigers I would say that us Tiger fans were just out numbering the Pies, which was really good. Plus there were people who didn't follow either team as we saw Power, Lions and Bomber jumpers and so on about and they were pretty well split on who the were going for on the day. As the Nab mob were handing out little cardboard signs with on one side read Goal and the other had Super goal in either Yellow and Black or White and Black and what they were holding was split closely. But the game wasn't player under NAB rule it was under the real AFL rule. So there was no super goals and they could kick backwards in our back half.  :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 08:48:07 PM »
As the Nab mob were handing out little cardboard signs with on one side read Goal and the other had Super goal in either Yellow and Black or White and Black
The white and black ones probably had an arrow on them so the pies fans knew which way to hold the writing up.  ;)

Thanks for the report, retygas.  :)

ps Does your username mean re/tigers or retire/gas?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

retygas

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »
Fishfingers I lke that very good I wish I thought of it. :cheers  Now my username the R stands for my first name and the E stands for my surname. While the rest does stand or the tigers.  :thumbsup