Author Topic: North V Tigers Game  (Read 21409 times)

tony_montana

Re: North V Tigers Game
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
Oh this Malthouse talk. Reminds me of this Sheedy talk in the 90's. :help

yeah tell me about it, still shows that some supporters out there think a waive of the wand can magically turn things to gold. Im as frustrated as anybody but fact is we are trending upwards and until that stagnates Im right behind our coach. If at this time next season we are in this position then legitimate questions need to be asked

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »
One thing I'd like to see Jack do.

Look at the 3rd quarter. Leading. Kicked two goals and had 4 shots. We also looked good in that quarter too.

Whilst we all acknowledge the officiating was once again sub standard if Jack looks to use his natural pace and high spring to attack and lead to the ball rather than trying to wrestle and whine for frees then I am sure he will be a much more considtent and better player for us.

Get back to his breakthrough best of 2010 by looking at the videos of how he played. It's not advanced physics and calculus mathematics.

tony_montana

« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »
One thing I'd like to see Jack do.

Look at the 3rd quarter. Leading. Kicked two goals and had 4 shots. We also looked good in that quarter too.

Whilst we all acknowledge the officiating was once again sub standard if Jack looks to use his natural pace and high spring to attack and lead to the ball rather than trying to wrestle and whine for frees then I am sure he will be a much more considtent and better player for us.

Get back to his breakthrough best of 2010 by looking at the videos of how he played. It's not advanced physics and calculus mathematics.

He stuffing poos me plain and simple, bc when he plays like the 3rd qtr he is one of the best and most dynamic players in the comp, poos all over every fwd bar Buddy and even then gives him a run imho, problem is why the hell he doesnt do that? why is his arse firmly planted to the square most of the time? Its just doesnt make any sense to me. Is it laziness, is it the coaching instructions? is it lack of fitness? All i know is if he plays like he did in the 3rd qtr for 80% of games instead of 10-120% hed kick a bag every week

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2012, 12:21:14 AM »
Jack should be played as a chf not as a bludger in the goal square
Coaches fault not telling him to move up and make a contest
Dimwit can't coach   He's to stagnant with ideas and not smart enough to make match winning moves
Just sits around hoping it will work out
We could have won every game this year since we've been in every contest so at worst win half but the Dimwit has been out coached every time
He must go because he's been unwatchable and he will waste another year
Make him Coburgs coachwood he can coach all the clowns he's picked up in the last three drafts
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2012, 02:37:37 AM »
Whats houli story?

10 touches

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »
As poor as the umpiring was, we lost because we got beaten at the centre clearances, had too many brainfades, made sub-AFL standard schoolboy mistakes, missed gettable set shots and for periods of the game a lack of intensity at the footy compared to North and didn't adhere to basic footy strategy.

Brainfades:
1. A.Maric in defensive 50 kicking straight to a North player between two Tigers setting up their first goal.
2. Tuck grabbing ball out of the 'ruck' = another North goal.
3. Newy having a kick smothered playing on from the kick-in. North goal.
4. Two 50m penalties in a minute (one of them Lids mouthing off at ump. Allegedly telling him  "oh get #$%@") = two North goals
5. Moore not being aware Petrie was right behind him = North goal.
6. Nahas and Tuck both not laying a hand on a North player running out of defence. Rebound goal to North.
7. McGuane slinging Petrie out of the way when Petrie wouldn't have got hands to the marking contest. Goal to North.
8. Cotch's kick to Matt Campbell = Goal to North.

So that's 8 gifted goals just there. Half North's tally.

Then add the 5 missed gettable shots in a row in the 2nd quarter (Cotch, Dusty, McGuane and Jacko twice) and McGaune missing from 12m out in the 3rd :P.

Then add up all the poor disposal where we missed open targets by foot all day under no physical pressure which AFL standard footballers should not stuff up that often. It would've gifted North a few more goals from turnovers or at least broken down our ability to get some overlap going depriving us of goal opportunities.

Then add the number of times we had not one midfielder running hard to the fat side as we came out of defence down one-side. It meant our half-backs had to stop and wait for enough numbers to move across to the wing slowing the play and allowing North to get numbers into defensive positions further upfield.

Our small forwards especially in the first half kept dragging themselves and their opponents to the marking contest rather than being front and square for the spill.

Although it didn't cost us any goals thankfully, Richmond players still don't understand the rushed behind rule. It's not the time to hold a committee meeting on what to do with the footy  :help.

There were also a few times we kept the ball in from going over the boundary for a throw-in even though we were outnumbered which allowed North to gain possession and go into attack. Dumb dumb dumb. Not playing the percentages where a gain in field position would've been a win for us anyhow.

Plenty of things for Dimma and the coaching staff to bring up and go through with the players in the review today. It's mostly dumb stuff that we need to weed out for us to become a genuine finals side and contender in the next couple of years.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:42:55 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #247 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »
Geez Houli sometimes waits for the ball rather than running to it. >:(

Gee last 30 seconds the perfect example

He puts his body rather than his arm on the line and he cops a "Zieball" I reckon probably gets 50 and we get a shot at goal.

Just saw the replay. Grigg kicks a drop punt rather than kicking round his body who knows...... :-\

Just so many "what ifs" in this game

Yep - the most consistnet thing at the RFC over the last 20 odd years = supporters blaming the coach rather than blaming players making dumb decisions. No one can tell me that any coach at any club is to blame for players giving away stupid inexcusable 50 metre penalties
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:54:48 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »
At least he put his arm on the line. One body part per year. in 2029 we might just see Houli go in for the hard ball :clapping

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »

We did so well without Sheedy coaching us through the 90s.  Was a roaring success....  Great example.

Lets blame the players.  Its not like at an AFL level, a coach can have any impact in player recruitment, match day selection, positional placement, game day strategy etc etc.  Scott didn't just televise that they were going to go isolate Petrie one out at the start of the last quarter and Petrie didn't kick 7 goals.  It was really all the players fault.

Nope the coach has no impact on the result.  Lets just put bambi there instead.  Recipe for success.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
At least he put his arm on the line. One body part per year. in 2029 we might just see Houli go in for the hard ball :clapping
:lol

10 FLAGS

« Reply #251 on: July 23, 2012, 10:04:08 AM »
Whats houli story?

10 touches

Average Player IMHO who we should try and trade to GWS for a pick. Does GWS have any concession picks in 2013. 2013 looking like a great draft and much better than this next one coming up in November.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #252 on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
Houli will play even worse this month he will be lacking energy bc it's the fasting month of Ramadan
The pet will still get a game
Mrs houli sends Taboulli to the DimSim family every Thursday night which happens to be selection night
Hird was on the money getting rid of the brown nose
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »

We did so well without Sheedy coaching us through the 90s.  Was a roaring success....  Great example.

Lets blame the players.  Its not like at an AFL level, a coach can have any impact in player recruitment, match day selection, positional placement, game day strategy etc etc.  Scott didn't just televise that they were going to go isolate Petrie one out at the start of the last quarter and Petrie didn't kick 7 goals.  It was really all the players fault.

Nope the coach has no impact on the result.  Lets just put bambi there instead.  Recipe for success.

I'm not calling for Hardwicks head. That will come in 12 months if we are in the same boat but you have to admit Dimma had no answer for Scott isolating Petrie in the square

Where was Dimma's moves regarding Jack. Clubs have worked out deny Jack room in the F50 so he cant lead into space.

Tucker i ask you this. How can you get in a winning position in all of what 6 games yet lose them all. Where is his Plan B??
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
what should have been done to curb petrie in the last?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI