Author Topic: OER's 2013 Phantom Draft  (Read 15519 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: OER's 2013 Phantom Draft
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »
hartung? fail  :lol

Ahhh gerks shooting darts from the cheap seats again.... Maybe you should have picked a team so we could scrutinise your choices.  :cheers

i'm quite entitled to shooting darts from the cheap seats, i retired a phantom draft hero after picking Martin, Fyfe, Christensen, Stratton, Sinclair, Daniel Bradshaw and Pass in the 09 wonderdraft for Richmond  ;D

i think i won that on NOT picking Ben Nason
Yeah but you picked Sinclair.  :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »

Ahhh gerks shooting darts from the cheap seats again.... Maybe you should have picked a team so we could scrutinise your choices.  :cheers

i'm quite entitled to shooting darts from the cheap seats, i retired a phantom draft hero after picking Martin, Fyfe, Christensen, Stratton, Sinclair, Daniel Bradshaw and Pass in the 09 wonderdraft for Richmond  ;D

if only he had dreadlocks you'd agree he was a great pick up

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »

if only he had dreadlocks you'd agree he was a great pick up
Yes I would.  :clapping And there was potential there till he cut his hair.  :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

Security we have a troublemaker in area 7 who needs to be removed from the draft Arena :police: :police: Proceed with extreme caution as he is armed with a pocket full of past glories and a mouth full of double entendre's. The wearing of ear plugs is strongly advised and the use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the perp has been approved.  :police: ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
21. Port Adelaide - Trent Dumont

Height: 185cm
Weight: 87kg
DOB: 30/06/1995
Team/Club: South Australia/Norwood/Golden Grove
Position: Midfield/Half-Back

Port is very happy to pick up a talented home-grown midfielder in Dumont. He's already ready-made for senior footy having not only played but played well for premiers Norwood in the SANFL. He's classed as an inside mid where he thrives in the contested footy but he also plays across half-back with his penetrating kick so he is versatile. What is most impressive from my view looking at him as a future AFL player is Dumont is super clean by hand and rarely fumbles which is vital in the AFL where there is less time and space and more pressure. The only knock is he's not super quick but his clean skills and good decision making make up for it.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »
21. Port Adelaide - Trent Dumont

Height: 185cm
Weight: 87kg
DOB: 30/06/1995
Team/Club: South Australia/Norwood/Golden Grove
Position: Midfield/Half-Back

Port is very happy to pick up a talented home-grown midfielder in Dumont. He's already ready-made for senior footy having not only played but played well for premiers Norwood in the SANFL. He's classed as an inside mid where he thrives in the contested footy but he also plays across half-back with his penetrating kick so he is versatile. What is most impressive from my view looking at him as a future AFL player is Dumont is super clean by hand and rarely fumbles which is vital in the AFL where there is less time and space and more pressure. The only knock is he's not super quick but his clean skills and good decision making make up for it.

MT I also seriously looked a Dumont for the Cats but his ability to spread from a contest worried me which is why I went for Hartung.

dwaino

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
Dumont looks like he does calculus for fun.

gerkin greg

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »
looks like brett ratten, another genius

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
Pick #22 - Brisbane - Zac Jones - 181cm/76kg - Def/Mid

Zac is the little brother of Melbourne's Nathan. Shares the same toughness and hardness of Nathan but is more of a defender at the moment and will probably start there before shifting into the midfield for Brisbane.

Jones is a real competitive player and hates to lose 1 on 1 battles which makes for an ideal small defender. For a guy his height he is quite strong in the air and is rarely beaten. Not to dissimilar to how Rory Sloane competes and is rarely beaten.

Whilst his skills aren't elite, he still has good skills and will regularly hit targets.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:28 PM »
Dumont looks like he does calculus for fun.
  :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
Pick 23 - Adelaide

Tom Cutler (Oakleigh Chargers)
DOB: 20/02/1995
Ht: 190cm
Wt: 85Kgs

We are surprised that Tom was still available in the 2nd round. He is medium midfielder with good game sense and ability to hit targets consistently by hand or foot. Has great athleticism and as a result can play on talls & smalls. Reads the play well and is a good decsion maker.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
Next up is Stripes with pick 24 for Hawthorn
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
Hawthorn is flabbergasted and overly excited that a player of the caliber of Matthew Crouch could slip to us so late in the draft  :P

24. Hawthorn - Matthew Crouch (181cm, 80kg midfielder - North Ballarat)

Position: Midfielder
Height: 180cm
Weight: 78kg
Born: 21/4/95
Home club: North Ballarat Rebels

In terms of genuine inside ball winnings midfielders, Matthew Crouch is clearly the best on offer. I would rate him alongside of Oliver Wines, not quite at his brother's level yet though. He is an absolute ball magnet, only having 30 disposals in the TAC Cup would be considered a quiet match for him as he is regularly hitting the 40 mark. Always at the bottom of the packs, Crouch is a natural in winning the contested ball and getting the quick handball out to his teammates. But he also reads the packs well, and can clear the ball himself with his run. A wrist injury meant he missed the first few weeks of the U18 Championships, but he returned in excellent form. And he used his time away to really improve his fitness base, which was one area in which he did need work. The problem is that there are quite a few contested ball winning midfielders in this draft, and a number of them can play effectively in other positions - be it across half forward or half back. And that's where I think Crouch is lacking. For an inside midfielder, he uses the ball well but he isn't particularly damaging and doesn't really impact the scoreboard at all. He'll likely go top ten on draft day, but I see him being a solid rather than spectacular player.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2011-11-01/draft-prospect-matthew-crouch

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2013, 03:22:46 PM »
Well done Striper.  :thumbsup I guess you weren't put off by the 4.2 Beep test?  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Well done Striper.  :thumbsup I guess you weren't put off by the 4.2 Beep test?  ;D

Phew! I thought it was 3.2  :shh

No he's not a speedy wingman but just a natural footballer who just finds a way to extract the ball under any circumstance.