Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 80487 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
cant see how the club can give Foley 3 years. what were they thinking. He got better treatment than Tuck who gave 100% & we got more out of him. l want to see the end of Foley & Shane Edwards

You wouldn't expect a player to be given a juicy three year deal and then get overlooked for the finals in favor of a hack rookie discard from melbourne who'd be on minimum wage ? Very strange indeed
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »
efc are due for a jab of good luck

gerkin greg

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
cant see how the club can give Foley 3 years. what were they thinking. He got better treatment than Tuck who gave 100% & we got more out of him. l want to see the end of Foley & Shane Edwards

You wouldn't expect a player to be given a juicy three year deal and then get overlooked for the finals in favor of a hack rookie discard from melbourne who'd be on minimum wage ? Very strange indeed

Very strange  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
THE tall-forward landscape for the upcoming trade frenzy will become clearer next week.

Essendon pair Stewart Crameri and Scott Gumbleton along with Sydney’s Jesse White are all linked together with the decision by one to impact what happens to the rest.

Crameri is on holidays and scheduled to return home to Melbourne next week where he will decide whether to remain a Bomber or take up a four-year $1.8 million offer from the Western Bulldogs.

While Essendon is getting more confident about keeping him it is still believed to be a 50/50 call.

Should he stay at Windy Hill, the Bulldogs would turn their attention to Gumbleton who they went very close to securing last year. Fremantle have also expressed interest in the former Western Australian.

Another in the sights of several clubs is the 196cm White who was almost traded to Adelaide last year as part of the Kurt Tippett deal.

He is out-of-contract and almost certain to be playing elsewhere next year given the Swans stockpile of talls with Tippett and young gun Sam Reid.

All three players are managed by leading agent Paul Connors.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-clubs-lining-essendon-talls-stewart-crameri-and-scott-gumbleton/story-fnfll94y-1226723931881

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
I'm expecting Mr Tigra to go all jazz hands when he reads about Jesse White. God help us
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:51 AM »
I'm expecting Mr Tigra to go all jazz hands when he reads about Jesse White. God help us

I actually think Jesse White may be a good fit for the filth with Cloke playing CHF and Jesse playing deep in the f50.

If he went to a club like doggies I could see him being exposed, He is currently a good player among premiership players and high expectations/ demands especially playing for his spot every week given their surplus of talls.

But Would Jesse White be able to deliver consistently given he would receive the best defender possibly two?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Gigantor

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2013, 12:03:32 PM »
Reflecting  more on this ,if it was me I would sit tight on the talls.2014 should and I repeat should be the year we get significant improvement from Ty,Todd,Griff,Astbury,and more improvement from the Bean.
if this happens we should be fine,if it doesn't then lets go into the market place.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
Reflecting  more on this ,if it was me I would sit tight on the talls.2014 should and I repeat should be the year we get significant improvement from Ty,Todd,Griff,Astbury,and more improvement from the Bean.
if this happens we should be fine,if it doesn't then lets go into the market place.

+1
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
So you are saying highly rated 18-22 year old kpp might improve?  :o

Gigantor

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
Bents wouldn't you expect natural improvement in these guys?..If they are going to make their mark the next 2-3 years is show time for them

tony_montana

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2013, 04:59:53 PM »
haha bents agrees with ya G, is just being sarcastic.  :) All year hes been dead against mcGuane and Azzxa playing ahead of the likes of Griff, McBean etc

Gigantor

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »
Ta Tony

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2013, 02:19:53 AM »
Carlton, Essendon, the Western Bulldogs and North Melbourne have met with Brisbane rebounding defender Sam Docherty, who is likely to tell the Lions he wants out this week.

Billy Longer met with Hawthorn this week and with the 20-year-old keen to get to the Hawks that deal is likely to get done.

Brisbane's Brent Staker is linked to Carlton and fellow Lion Patrick Karnezis likely heading to Collingwood.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sam-docherty-is-expected-to-tell-the-brisbane-lions-he-wants-out/story-fnfll94y-1226724697339

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »
Longer to the hawks. Gee u hope that's a rumour

I find it amusing that all deals seem to be done with lions players. One issue with that is they have no coach

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
Robbo reckons Matty White is a "maybe" to go to Carlton whatever that means.

Watson on SEN reckons Mumford is off to GWS.