Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 231746 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »
Looks like the Geez The Redeemer statue.

Apparently the kid is made of stone and loves churrasco

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »
Richmond FC twitter:

"Tiger cub @nickvlastuin in his playing kit, filming at @foxfooty. We hope to see lots more of him in the jumper!"

Pull Your Socks Up Son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »
Big mellon.
Looks like a neanderthal Daniel Jackson. Which is funny because Jackson has the decision making skills of a caveman.

Anyhoot, ladies please form an orderly line... :eyebrow

gerkin greg

« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
Yep lookout Brett Ebert, there's a new Megahead in town

dwaino

« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »
Reverse pinhead Patton.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:10 PM »
Reverse pinhead Patton.

Lmao @ Reverse Pin Head :lol

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16:40 AM »
dyson heppell. yep still believe we should have taken him.
has two things conca does not.
awareness he knows what is around him and his ability to find space and time he is rarely rushed. these two traits alone says he will be a good mid.
 at 189cm/ and 80kg when drafted he was a lovely size who would not take too long to bulk up. he played at 85kg this yr and that will improve again next yr  not just with actual size but core strength.
 finally from what ive seen of both thus far i reckon heppell a better skilled, better athlete  and eventually a much bigger  player than conca.
this is not a put down on conca i think he will be a decent player for us but i believe heppell will be the better of the two.
I may be wrong but Conca IMO will be 'schooled' to be more inside whilst Heppell is 'outside'. At the time of the Conca selection we were in dire need of inside mids.....likewise with the selection of Vlaustin. However, I think a line-breaking mid will be on the cards next year...... hopefully.

We already have 2 of the best line breaking mids in the comp, in Lids and Martin, one that runs through the lines and the other breaks through the lines.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2013, 09:14:14 AM »
Reverse pinhead Patton.
:lol

Yep lookout Brett Ebert, there's a new Megahead in town

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
As the kids AFL future is yet to be decided, he has a gig measuring aisle widths for a supermarket chain.

His supermarket manager was quoted as saying..." The Kid's a natural! An absolute prodigy! He has the perfect arm span to exactly measure aisles which provide the perfect balance for stock holding whilst maintaining optimum customer comfort. Kids like this just don't grow on tree's you know. One of our scouts saw him yawn once as a 14 year old and we knew when fully grown he would be a must have for our organisation. He just ticks all the boxes. We understand that there are rumours going round that he has congenital tendinitis in his elbow but we are closely monitoring this and we have him in our rehab group. If all goes to plan, he will be cherry ripe for the Easter rush. We will do everything we can to keep him and have even offered him a position in our leadership group."

dwaino

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »
 :lol :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
More tiga gold! :lol

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
He has gone international Tiga!  :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2013, 01:40:24 PM »
He has gone international Tiga!  :thumbsup

Yeah the photo was from a recent supermarket international rules competiton held in Des Moines Iowa. Flossy beat all comers with his sheer determination and ability to stretch himself at the highest level. He adapted beautifully to the larger US 2 1/2 trolley aisles.  :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2013, 08:36:56 PM »
I laughed out loud to this.

Very funny Tiga well done.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2013, 09:23:19 PM »
im hoping he plays most games this season. sort of like we did with conca and ellis. start him at hb after all its not as if he hasnt played there. if not hb give him a run from the bench thru the midfield.

if he shows enough the other one id like to see get early games is mcintosh. especially if grimes misses early games.
its likely we wont be playing two rookies out of the backline early in the yr though so vlastuin to midfield and mcintosh as a replacement for grimes.

its not likely to happen but i really would like to see us  line up down back with

Morris - Chaplin - grimes.
Mcintosh - Rance - Batchelor/vlastuin/Ellis/Helbig reckon Helbig would make a great aggressive accountable  rebouding defender.

Theres lots of options for that last hbf role depending on the requirment.. imo vlastuin is one of those options.