Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin [merged]  (Read 231649 times)

Gigantor

Re: Nick Vlastuin [merged]
« Reply #450 on: May 06, 2014, 05:23:11 AM »
get this kid in the midfield..cotch,miles vlas should be the A team in the middle for the rest of the season..cameos by dusty

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
One of the few who can actually play and wants to.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »

Stands out like dogs balls.

More often than not he is patient, has poise and finds the RIGHT TARGET.

Hasn't been infected with Richmonditis yet. I'd suggest quarantine.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2014, 04:28:11 PM »
Really need one for the back pocket and one on ball

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »
Newman to hand Vlastuin the No.1 jumper to him at seasons end!

Leave him off the half-back line. He can play. Not sure if he has the pace for the midfield. Hardness? Yes he has.

Develop his pace and build his possessions.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »
C'mon all of you, the coach will wait until he is completely wasted before he try's him as a mid. Can't you see what's happening, he try's to turn all our players into backmen first, subsequently stuffing them up. But he and some here say it's all about developing their defensive side....... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
C'mon all of you, the coach will wait until he is completely wasted before he try's him as a mid. Can't you see what's happening, he try's to turn all our players into backmen first, subsequently stuffing them up. But he and some here say it's all about developing their defensive side....... :banghead

I think it's great to put em in defence first. later in his career when hes playing mid, his experiences in the backline will urge him to run back harder as he knows the pressure they can be put under. also improves his tackling, pressure.. all that good stuff that we dont have.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »

I think it's great to put em in defence first. later in his career when hes playing mid, his experiences in the backline will urge him to run back harder as he knows the pressure they can be put under. also improves his tackling, pressure.. all that good stuff that we dont have.

For how long though, that's the problem, then he try's to turn them back into a backman later. If any kid like Vlastuin shows what he has to date then throw him in the middle, he only has to clear the ball. But FFS give him a go...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

Stands out like dogs balls.

More often than not he is patient, has poise and finds the RIGHT TARGET.

Hasn't been infected with Richmonditis yet. I'd suggest quarantine.
What is the Richmonditis you speak of? Is it a variation of Tigeritis?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »
I'd be putting Nicky V straight into the midfield with matt dea taking his spot on the HBF , do it :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »
I'd be putting Nicky V straight into the midfield with matt dea taking his spot on the HBF , do it :shh

X2

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »

I don't agree.  Go through the history of the game and tell me how many of the best mids were started in the backline. The answer is hardly any.  Voss, Black, Lappin and Akermanis, Burgoyne, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Hayes, Judd, Ablett, etc etc etc etc etc.
This is complete tripe and it ends up stripping the player of their natural attacking and goal kicking instincts.  You don't have to go to the back half to learn how to defend.  You must learn to defend all over the ground no matter where you are.  That can be done playing in your best position.  History shows that many of the best mids end up finishing their careers as a backline player as the slow down a little but they don't start there.

I just don't agree with this way of coaching.  Every player must defend when they don't have the ball, not just the backs.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2014, 08:19:12 PM »

I don't agree.  Go through the history of the game and tell me how many of the best mids were started in the backline. The answer is hardly any.  Voss, Black, Lappin and Akermanis, Burgoyne, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Hayes, Judd, Ablett, etc etc etc etc etc.
This is complete tripe and it ends up stripping the player of their natural attacking and goal kicking instincts.  You don't have to go to the back half to learn how to defend.  You must learn to defend all over the ground no matter where you are.  That can be done playing in your best position.  History shows that many of the best mids end up finishing their careers as a backline player as the slow down a little but they don't start there.

I just don't agree with this way of coaching.  Every player must defend when they don't have the ball, not just the backs.

You are my new hero  :bow....also look at Swallow both of them and the kid from GWS....O'Mera....right in the guts of it! WC DO THE SAME, so do most other clubs.....oh except for us..

"Rucks:

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #463 on: May 18, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »

This no brained makes no sense to hardwick
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #464 on: May 18, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
Yep its getting to the stage where the least soft should be picked