Author Topic: To Rfc official  (Read 24756 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: To Rfc official
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »
WP who is the GM who made comments

Thought it was only our coach

Back to being a laughing stock again. So many messages tonight from mates not so much about the loss but more about that pathetic comment

It was Dan Richardson GM of Football

He was guest speaker at the Inner Sanctum (coterie group) pre match function today

Sorry to ask again but are you saying he echoed those same comments today in that we are a better side

Surely not

It's called towing the party line….

Seeing Richardson is Dimma's boss who's doing the towing?

Scary thing is they obviously believe it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
Hardwick has always been SOFT towards the players and plays favourites!

His game plan is the issue!

Our players don't believe in the game plan and style!

Our attack is horrible!

Against Collingwood, we kicked 3 goals up till 3QT.

Today it was 4 up till 3QT!

For a team that finished 5th on the ladder with 15 wins to a team that has no confidence and attack is hard to believe.

Our coach doesn't react to situations well. He just sticks to his plan.

He is a Spin Doctor, always has been and always will be!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2014, 10:55:49 PM »
Bugger all goals against lions for the majority of the game too

A team wit seven teenagers

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »
I became a member in the late 90's. Was still in my early 20's then.
Back then footy was about going with my mates and hoping we would have a decent side.
Today some 17 years later I still go with my same life long mates but the thing is this. We go now to catch up away from our families to joke and laugh and keep away from our effen in laws and effen shopping centres where my hard earned seem to go spent by the other half.
RFC promote themselves as some sort of philosophy and culture based on a bygone era of success loyalty and commitment and it seems that philosophy is as tokenistic as our 3 finals series since 1982.

When I go to the footy to catch up with mates and my and my lifelong RFC primary school buddies sentiments of I have seen this all before seem to be the prevailing theme then the club needs to effen ashamed of this.

One finals app in 12 years an losing to side who finished 9th 5 games behind us is unacceptable as was today as has the last 32 years been.

Other clubs publically herald the support of their fans our club just crams down our throat we have the best song and the Punt Rd End and the best moniker and blah blah blah blah blah. How about giving us a chance to sing the song regularly not just at the start of the game when the team runs out, regularly each season.

I have not failed you RFC you have failed me and about 63500 other members and counting.
Great post.

But you have to admit the drums have made all the difference.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
The drums are the best bit. Once they stop drumming everything turns to poo.

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »
It's about time the blow torch be applied.  The coach must take responsibility for the team going backwards......how could it go so bad......there is no where to hide now as there was no big upsets this week....we will get pummelled by Geelong and then face Melbourne and GWS......if we lose against Melbourne or GWS then the coach must go.... No point dropping the likes of Grigg, Edwards, Petterd, Chaplin as they will poison the 2's......sack them now and give the kids a go...it's bloody ground hog day again........same poo just a different tinge of brown

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »
All today proved yet again is despite the spin coming out of the club our lack of depth is staggering

We have 3 of our best dozen players out injured (Deledio, Rance Maric ) and clearly we haven't been able to cover them

That tells me that this recruiting of "re-cycled" or mature aged players hasn't worked

I was up in the Ponsford stand today decided to utilise my Inner Sanctum membership and our guest speaker was GM of Footy Dan Richardson who tried to explain Dimma's "we're better side this year" comment. Richardson said that although the results don't show we are a better side, we are indeed a better side because of our improved depth. At that point I will admit I switched off because I didn't believe it when he said because of what we've witnessed this year.

Hate it when we the members who pour their hard earned into this club get treated like mugs and with total disdained

Because Today was just further proof of the lack improvement and lack of depth

Sadly, for this year I'm just about over it.

Will still go every week but I am beyond caring

Will they get the same level $$ of hard earned next year? Doubt it
Spin doctors. Everyone can see something is wrong but they just talk poo. Worst thing is I'm worried they believe it. There's a difference between buttering up the fans and genuinely believing it. Worried we are leaning towards the latter.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »
Carlton has started winning.

The Headlines 'Crisis at Punt Road' are coming this week.
Eddie dropped the C-bomb on Live TV. We are safe for another week.  :lol :lol :lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:53 AM »
The drums are the best bit. Once they stop drumming everything turns to poo.

Keep the effers drumming.

Better still bring in this son of a bitch. www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAzZdyvrvA

Build a podium for him next to the grog squad and Mic the bastard up
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:30 AM »
Get Neil Peart.... the one from Rush that is, not the footballer. Though we could get the latter to present the former with a Richmond guernsey to wear while he peels of fills from "Tom Sawyer" and "YYZ"......
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2014, 05:39:11 AM »
WP who is the GM who made comments

Thought it was only our coach

Back to being a laughing stock again. So many messages tonight from mates not so much about the loss but more about that pathetic comment

It was Dan Richardson GM of Football

He was guest speaker at the Inner Sanctum (coterie group) pre match function today

Sorry to ask again but are you saying he echoed those same comments today in that we are a better side

Surely not

Yes he did.

He tried to explain what was meant by it

Said that our results probably don't reflect it but they believe we are after side because we have better depth now, so therefore we are a better side this year compared to last year

:banghead

He also turned up at 3121 as a guest speaker as well
He also said about the great improvement in Astbury
Didn't mention the other 10 players that have gone backwards

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2014, 06:17:45 AM »
Didn't mention the other 10 players that have gone backwards

This ^

All the money supporters have contributed to 'development' and so many players have gone backwards or stagnating it's absolutely alarming.

Just when you think we have finally turned the corner we somehow run into an oncoming bus. :-[

Rampstar

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
Richmond FC is a boys club where mates give there mates employment when they need a job. This has been a problem for at least 20 years now and even today if people see who is who at the club the links are everywhere in terms of mates helping out  mates with jobs at the football club. We are just the idiots who pay for them to take the pee out of us.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
Day after the disaster that was round 6 have to say my mood hasn't changed one iota

Put simply I'm over it, they lost me yesterday. Not because they lost, not because they didn't give a yelp.

But because of what they've spun in the media in the last week. The total lack of respect shown to members and supporters by treating them like dills has gutted me in way I've never experienced before. And that is saying something

Will keep going every week but will be going with the view of catching up with friends.

And if by some miracle we make the 8, it will only paper over the glaring cracks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:02:40 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »
Day after the disaster that was round 6 have to say my mood hasn't changed one iota

Put simply I'm over it, they lost me yesterday. Not because they lost, not because they didn't give a yelp.

But because of what they've spun in the media in the last week. The total lack do respect shown to members and supporters by treating them like dills has gutted me in way I've never experienced before. And that is saying something

Will keep going every week but will be going with the view of catching up with friends.

And if by some miracle we make the 8, it will only paper over the glaring cracks.
:clapping You're not alone WP. Expected to get spanked. But the presser's and all the other poo is just gutting. My concern is whether or not it is spin to try keep us happy or they genuinely believe it?