Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 131043 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
bottom line is he has, along with prestia and Nankervis, made our midfield better.

Its no coincidence that cotchin is playing his best footy as captain with him and nankervis throwing their weight around at stoppages, or that we have dramatically improved out contested football and clearances.

Claws pipe dream of a team where every player is a champ, is exactly that, a pipe dream.
Has he well thats a nice way of looking at it.I just love it when people keep kidding themselves.
Caddys contribution to Clearances and C/PS has been negligble and his contribution to the score board of two goals in three games has also been negligable.
Fmd the bloke is going at just 2.6 clearances a game and just 7.6 c/p's a game as old jack would say hes where the ball aint a lot of the time.How has this bloke improved us in this area.
Hes as slow as a wet wick and cant even get to a contest half the time.

Have we improved SIGNIFICANTLY IN c/p's and Clearances? Answer is  no, while improving it has been Marginal and has been down to  Martin Who is averaging 4 more c/ps a game and 3 more clearances on last yr the inclusion of Nankervis who has been huge and prestia.

FMD most would agree Caddy is probably keeping Miles out of the side yet Miles last yr was getting it on average 5 more times than Caddy laying 2 more tackles 2 more clearances and three more c/p's. to top it off Miles is only 0.14 goals a game behind him.

As for wanting every player to be a champ dont you ever get sick of sprouting of this sort of idiotic dribble.
I was making an appraisal of what he Caddy has  done so far no where was i commenting on what we need or how many top players we should have it was a simple commentary on a players performance that a 10 yr old kid could have followed. But hey you just want to drag it down to your idiotic level.

Now if you want to comment on what was actually said feel free  just a refresher for you.

[/quote]
No he hasn't  in either role.

Hes typical of a lot of our players over the yrs. Plays the odd  very good game here and there but mostly performs at a level that is just average  and  bordering on not good enough at times.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »
nice how you sprout stats when it suits but pooh pooh them when it doesnt. You dont believe that having a big body used correctly at stoppages can improve the team without that person getting their hand on the ball themselves?

and yes we have improved significantly in clearances, and particularly contested possessions, to this point.

last season we averaged 136 contested possessions per game, ranked 10th, this season we have averaged 150, ranked 4th

last season 34 clearances per game ranked 16
this season 38 ranked 9

And from the 3 games i have watched, the opposition is not getting as many easy clearances as they did last year.

if you are going to make snide remarks about what has actually been said, perhaps you should address what has actually been said by others?
Its no coincidence that cotchin is playing his best footy as captain with him and nankervis throwing their weight around at stoppages,

No mention of how many caddy gets himself?

If my post was directly to what you said, I would have quoted that post.

An no i dont get sick of sprouting idiotic dribble in reply to idiotic dribble.
You constantly harp on as if you cannot accept that even the top sides have foot soldiers, and that was what my post was directed at.

it would be nice to have a team of A grade players, but it just doesn't happen.

There have been infinitely worse player than caddy win premiership medallions, and as long he is a not in your top 1/2 dozen players its not so much of a problem.

I'd be thinking that Hardwicks prejudice against miles is keeping him out of the side, but I wont presume everyone else would agree.

Just out of curiosity, were you sprouting angst and disgust that we didnt take Caddy with our first pick in the 2010 draft?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
I've personally been pretty disappointed with Caddy.
I like his strength in the contest but he just doesn't get to enough of those contests and seems to go missing to often.
I didn't believe what my Geelong friend was telling me I expected more but so far I have to say Caddys output is exactly what he said it was going to be. And now he's gloating about getting Parfitt for the pick we traded.

I've got to say I'd rather see Miles in the team at the minute.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2017, 05:17:07 PM »
nice how you sprout stats when it suits but pooh pooh them when it doesnt. You dont believe that having a big body used correctly at stoppages can improve the team without that person getting their hand on the ball themselves?

and yes we have improved significantly in clearances, and particularly contested possessions, to this point.

last season we averaged 136 contested possessions per game, ranked 10th, this season we have averaged 150, ranked 4th

this season 38 ranked 9

And from the 3 games i have watched, the opposition is not getting as many easy clearances as they did last year.

if you are going to make snide remarks about what has actually been said, perhaps you should address what has actually been said by others?
Its no coincidence that cotchin is playing his best footy as captain with him and nankervis throwing their weight around at stoppages,

You constantly harp on as if you cannot accept that even the top sides have foot soldiers, and that was what my post was directed at.

There have been infinitely worse player than caddy win premiership medallions, and as long he is a not in your top 1/2 dozen players its not so much of a problem.

I'd be thinking that Hardwicks prejudice against miles is keeping him out of the side, but I wont presume everyone else would agree.

Just out of curiosity, were you sprouting angst and disgust that we didnt take Caddy with our first pick in the 2010 draft?

LMFAO Why would one expect a sensible reply when the history is of nonsensical ones. Ah well i will know better next time and not expect too much from you.  while im at it i will marvel at  all those C/PS and clearances Caddy has contributed to the team thus far, thus being the sole reason why we have improved Marginally   in these areas.
Ahhh the stupidity one just has to marvel at it.

so we get 1 clearance a quarter more each week wow thats huge thats Martins improvement all by itself. And we get what 3 or 4 C/P'S  a  quarter more absolutely massive lol, fmd that nankervis input all by itself.
We would not stop to ask ourselves just how much better it could be if Caddy made a decent contribution no that would be too sensible and it seems beyond some peoples comprehension skills.

instead lets talk up improvement and give the credit to a bloke who has made little contribution to that improvement. A bloke who  in fact has  been bloody ordinary in his three games so far.
How good is it i do enjoy having a laugh at other peoples stupidity.God knows your always good for a laugh.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »

this season 38 ranked 9

LMFAO Why would one expect a sensible reply when the history is of nonsensical ones. Ah well i will know better next time and not expect too much from you.  while im at it i will marvel at  all those C/PS and clearances Caddy has contributed to the team thus far, thus being the sole reason why we have improved Marginally   in these areas.
Ahhh the stupidity one just has to marvel at it.

so we get 1 clearance a quarter more each week wow thats huge thats Martins improvement all by itself. And we get what 3 or 4 C/P'S  a  quarter more absolutely massive lol, fmd that nankervis input all by itself.
We would not stop to ask ourselves just how much better it could be if Caddy made a decent contribution no that would be too sensible and it seems beyond some peoples comprehension skills.

instead lets talk up improvement and give the credit to a bloke who has made little contribution to that improvement. A bloke who  in fact has  been bloody ordinary in his three games so far.
How good is it i do enjoy having a laugh at other peoples stupidity.God knows your always good for a laugh.
Stop the quoting please guys.

tony_montana

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Claw why are you so dismissive about our improvement in CP's and clearances? We've also gone from last to 3rd in tackles - should you therefore also say "big whoop thats an extra 4-5 tackles a quarter lmfao"?

By using that as an argument youre basically saying big whoop the top sides get 3-4 more tackles and CP's per quarter compared to the bottom sides, wow big deal.

It all adds up and its actually disappointing to see you responding like that to a legitimate argument.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
I like the way Caddy goes about it.
i know Claw is very stats orientated but sometimes they don't always tell the whole story.
I don't think he will ever get to the heights of Dusty or Cotch but good sides are made up of players that are willing to put their head over it and have a crack. I don't think many can argue he doesn't do that.
His last 2 seasons at Geelong were good and if he finishes this year as well as those previous 2 he will have done his job.

I'm not sure after 3 rounds of footy in which we have won all games can you questions this guys output.
He was quite last week but the first 2 games were ok from a player learning a new game style, at a new club, with new teammates.
Prestia has only been marginally better imo but it's the combination of the 3 new guys and the introduction of Butler that has helped us look like a better side.

Our pressure to date has been as good as any side I have watched this year which if we keep up will will play finals. The difference between the good teams and the bad teams isn't that far apart and if we can bring what we have been producing, we will go alright.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »
I like the way Caddy goes about it.
i know Claw is very stats orientated but sometimes they don't always tell the whole story.
I don't think he will ever get to the heights of Dusty or Cotch but good sides are made up of players that are willing to put their head over it and have a crack. I don't think many can argue he doesn't do that.
His last 2 seasons at Geelong were good and if he finishes this year as well as those previous 2 he will have done his job.

I'm not sure after 3 rounds of footy in which we have won all games can you questions this guys output.
He was quite last week but the first 2 games were ok from a player learning a new game style, at a new club, with new teammates.
Prestia has only been marginally better imo but it's the combination of the 3 new guys and the introduction of Butler that has helped us look like a better side.

Our pressure to date has been as good as any side I have watched this year which if we keep up will will play finals. The difference between the good teams and the bad teams isn't that far apart and if we can bring what we have been producing, we will go alright.

So iyo he has been just ok so when i say he has been average you would be agreeing with me !!!!!!!
The whole point of the discussion was to point out Caddy has not made a significant contribution to our improvement in C/P"S  and clearances or for that matter as a resting mid kicking goals. His contribution in these things has been ordinary and the stats back em up.
Yet people are basically attributing improvement in these areas to him its laughable. The improvement has come from Nankervis, Martin and Prestia and this week Mcintosh

You think i base everything on stats well hes one ive watched closely and so far the stats back up what ive seen  and thats an average slow player who is not contributing enough when one considers the hype around him.You basically said it yourself so far he has been just ok in two and poor in one.You know whatthat basically sums his career up so far outside of a few very good games,

As for making finals well we will see it wont do us any good  either way very ordinary shallow list with not enough quality through out. Very poor structure with key areas heavily dependent on just one player not getting injured. It certainly smells like 13 14 and 15 all over again.

So far everything has fallen our way if that continues then yes they should play finals i for one was predicting anywhere from 7th to 14th and if a real bad injury run hits bottom 2.
Despite being 3 and zip i have seen nothing to suggest we can go places even if we play finals in fact our standard of play has for me at least been disappointing despite our improved pressure and tackling.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
I've personally been pretty disappointed with Caddy.
I like his strength in the contest but he just doesn't get to enough of those contests and seems to go missing to often.
I didn't believe what my Geelong friend was telling me I expected more but so far I have to say Caddys output is exactly what he said it was going to be. And now he's gloating about getting Parfitt for the pick we traded.

I've got to say I'd rather see Miles in the team at the minute.

Exactly this. Geelong mates thrilled with this trade.

Sure we've improved in the guts but I think that's as much to do with gameplan and attitude. Caddy's big body might help somewhat but I think you could replace him with any average mid with a big body and you'd get the same improvement from Cotch and Martin.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
7th - 14th ....really putting your d@#k on the line there Claw.
Unleash the tornado

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
Claw, with the exception of a couple, Cotch Dusty and Rance, the entire team has been just ok. See that's the point of a team game. It's the contribution of a lot of players that form the result.
I think Caddy has been ok in his 3 games for the club. He may not be leading any stats but I couldn't give a poo as I think he has played his roll.
I don't think Prestia has been much better, he played well in round 1 but his last two games have just been ok. But once again, that doesn't really matter if all our other players are playing their rolls.
That's what good sides do, if someone has an off day the slack is taken up elsewhere.
Just enjoy it mate because it's pretty decent footy to watch. Surely you must have enjoyed seeing our young guys getting games but also impacting on the result of the games with their tackling pressure. Itsa different look RFC at the moment and what you say is correct that we are only a couple of injuries away from being an average side again but ATM we are a decent side playing tough exciting footy.
We will need some luck but you make your own luck by doing whatever you can to improve.

I think the game against Brisbane is a danger game as I think they are playing pretty well and been in games for 3 quarters but I think we will have them covered.
Sit back and just enjoy it and remember not everyone can get 30 touches or kick all the goals.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
7th - 14th ....really putting your d@#k on the line there Claw.

Its an acknowledgement of our improvement form Claw. Most people including Claw were saying 11-16th a month ago
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »
Claw take out the most important 3 players from any team and they will struggle it's not rocket science unless your gws.Yes I agree we have a few wholes in certain areas like KP  ,but all teams to and we can address it with our two first round picks.Our game plan makes a huge difference compared to last year to dont under estimate that.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »

So we've improved in clearances and C/P's despite one of our top 3 in that area not having played a game yet? Seems to me there must be quite an improvement coming from somewhere, and it sure as hell hasn't been from McIntosh (wtf are you talking about :lol :lol)

I think you could replace him with any average mid with a big body and you'd get the same improvement from Cotch and Martin.

Like Matt Thomas or Jacob Townsend?

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2017, 06:03:58 PM »

I think you could replace him with any average mid with a big body and you'd get the same improvement from Cotch and Martin.

Like Matt Thomas or Jacob Townsend?
[/quote]

Nope (both well below average). Try Daniel Jackson and Shane Tuck.