Author Topic: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad [merged]  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:30 PM »
Stuff right off you corrupt corporate polesmokers.... >:(
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
I can understand why we shouldn't use disability as a reason to abuse but it's usually the lack of ability when it comes to umpiring that I get upset with....

Does lack of ability equate to a disability when umpires are concerned?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2019, 07:45:40 AM »
I can understand why we shouldn't use disability as a reason to abuse but it's usually the lack of ability when it comes to umpiring that I get upset with....

The umpire who is really struggling (according to a guy who is an umpire) won’t be dropped.... because she’s a woman!
How is that fair on anyone, particularly her?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 08:21:18 AM »
I dont think she does a bad job. Theres a couple male umpires whose performance is very ordinary.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »

The umpire who is really struggling (according to a guy who is an umpire) won’t be dropped.... because she’s a woman!
How is that fair on anyone, particularly her?

If you are talking about Elly G

Hate to break it to you but she was dropped a few weeks back
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:17 AM »
Plenty of poo bloke umpires to worry about don't worry about ali G
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2019, 02:54:36 PM »
Carlton and Richmond stand with Joffa

Emily Benammar
Herald-Sun
3h ago June 13, 2019

Richmond, Collingwood and now Carlton have made known their feelings

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-thursday-june-13-2019/live-coverage/41a4ff73ab1c551dfe66cff433237fe0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad [merged]
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
‘Enough is enough’: Meet Trout, the Richmond fanatic joining Joffa’s AFL boycott

MARKO & THE OX
Macquarie Sports
13 June 2019

It’s a truism for any sport: the biggest stakeholders are the fans.

In the case of the AFL, a recent crackdown on fan behaviour places their biggest stakeholder firmly in their sights and it has led to some of the sport’s most vocal supporters threatening a boycott.

Joffa is perhaps the game’s best-known supporter, a Collingwood tragic and a mainstay of the Magpies cheer squad, announced he will not attend another game until the AFL “apologises to all supporters [for] the way we are being treated”

Trout from Woodend is a Richmond Tigers fanatic and the club’s most recognisable supporter, loyal to the Yellow and Black and raised on a diet of late 60s premierships.

The way fans have been treated by the AFL has forced Trout to side with Joffa by refusing to attend games until further notice.

“This is not about Joffa, it’s not about me, it’s about every fan who goes to the game, you make one little mistake and you’re out, you could cop a 12-month ban,” Trout tells Marko and The Ox on Macquarie Sports Radio.

A Carlton fan named ‘Frankie’ (not his real name) was booted from the ground on Saturday after calling the umpire a “bald-headed flog”, while other fans have been spoken to by security for simply cheering too loudly.

Trout says it’s time to take a stand, enough is enough.

“We just want to go to the footy, we just want to enjoy ourselves, we’re passionate people,” he said.

“I’ve been going to the footy for 40 years, I haven’t been chucked out, I haven’t been suspended for doing the wrong thing, so why should I now get in trouble for yelling out ‘bald-flog’?

https://www.sportsradio.com.au/enough-is-enough-meet-trout-the-richmond-fanatic-joining-joffas-afl-boycott/

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
It was suggested to me that the state gov is putting pressure on the venues and security to moderate the mob - we may be barking up the wrong tree

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2019, 12:38:42 PM »
They were told to stop tinkering with the game over and over and now it is a total cluster.  It is more akin to rock and roll wrestling with a script and rubbish umpiring to fit the drama.  I watch games and I honestly cannot believe that they are being properly administered, not just Richmond games.  The decisions are inconsistent not just from game to game.  It seems like they change the rules from quarter to quarter, not to mention the double standards I see during the game.  It is unmanageable, chaos.  The game is not a competition of anything, it is no better than a game of stuffing dice now.  People barely keep their poo together driving on our roads, go to the footy to blow some steam and then get that garbage and lose it.  I mean hall monitors?  Have we had flares or sharpened coins hucked at players like them soccer clowns?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:23 AM »
Marvel Stadium chief executive Michael Green admitted they may have unwittingly intimidated fans.

“We don’t want our fans to feel intimidated by security,’’ he said on 3AW.

“We actually want them to feel safe and secure, so it’s something that we will be reviewing to make sure that we get that balance right.

“Clearly, from (the feedback) we’ve taken that too far.’’

Mr Green said the venue would review its security arrangements in response to complaints from fans, but Behavioural Awareness Officers would be used for the rest of the season.

They would also be used at Big Bash cricket and A-League soccer games, the upcoming Australia-Team USA basketball series and concerts such as Metallica and U2 tours this year.

“This is an initiative we will roll out at all events,’’ he said.

Mr Green said the Behavioural Awareness Officers had been “specifically trained to identify suspicious behaviour”.

“Their purpose is basically to interject into any situation before it escalates — it could be violence, it could be racial,’’ he said.

He confirmed the AFL had approved their redeployment from other security roles at the stadium.

“We basically advised them (the AFL) that this was the process we were going to implement and they were supportive,’’ he said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/marvel-stadium-boss-admits-it-went-too-far-with-security/news-story/b41525fa71fa03dc0d00a07f647224fd

Online Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »
Mr Green said the Behavioural Awareness Officers had been “specifically trained to identify suspicious behaviour”. WTF... sounds like counter terrorism. give me a break!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2019, 04:38:57 PM »
well stuff "Marvel" stadium.  we can take our behaviour elsewhere and they can "marvel" at their empty seats
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:21:41 PM by Owl »

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2019, 04:44:32 PM »
Keep saying it nut until we - the fans - take away the money from the AFL, by way of not watching telecasts nor going to the games, they will continue to treat us this way.

Money is all they care about.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2019, 10:05:19 PM »
well stuff "Marvel" stadium.  we can take our behaviour elsewhere and they can "marvel" at there empty seats
:clapping
The club that keeps giving.