Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 236445 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: the footy show
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
Newman was representing more than 4 other players.
He aint that stupid.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »
Would like to know who the others were at the meeting - I've accounted for 10 of them  ;D

Correction I forgot Brown off my original list  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Lids needs to be appointed captain as early as the press conference tomorrow I believe. This would show leadership from the Footy Club the and the coach and for the good of the club long term. Some good will eventually come of this.

Newman totally irresponsible. You can approach the coach as a captain as a representative of the players but how can the coach trust you now in team selection and other views.  Banish the Bastard. Let him go to Blues with his best mate Brendan.

Appoint Lids and entrust him with the responsibility and add Daniel Jackson to sit alongside Axel and Foley in our leadership group. That extra responsibility will help him and ultimately the club and hopefully help keep him at Tigerland.

Ramps

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2009, 11:32:36 PM »
I think its the most extraordinary thing Ive seen in a long time- football wise. That it was about the club I support was just shocking. We are a rabble. Many of us in the last 48 hours have said who should go - but after seeing that- I agree that Newman is finished as Captain, King being involved just shows how incompetent the playing group is.... if your gonna organise a coup, atleast do it properly ffs and have the numbers, King ... pmsl ... then the role of the key instigators.

The club has failed again. The press conference where reporters were told that Wallace is still coach should have been a press conference, to tell the football world, that Chris Newman had been replaced as captain and that Jake King was gone all together from the club, also gone from the club should have been the key instigators. We should have sacked them there and then and played 3 short for the rest of the year player list wise. Its weak that those players are still at the club. The club has no balls.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
I don't think sacking the captain right now is the right course of action for the club to take unless you are keen on fracturing the playing group further and I don't think any of us want that to happen.

Newman should continue to captain until years end and then i believe a review of the position should take place. Personally I don't believe Newman should be captain and I don't base that opinion on the events that have transpired over the last 5 days. Newman has been sadly lacking in on field leadership right from the beginning of the season. At the start of the season I was keen to see just how the captaincy might influence Newman"s impact on games unfortunately we have all been shown it has come to naught.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »
Your funny tuckerbag.
You might find that some players who you mentioned in your post are in the ""captains team""  :lol

Ramps

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »
Your funny tuckerbag.
You might find that some players who you mentioned in your post are in the ""captains team""  :lol

Irrespective of who was in whose faction, the club has missed a massive chance to sack afew and make a statement that would have shown everyone we were fair dinkum. Its disgraceful that the ringleaders mentioned tonight have not been dealt with.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
Ramps, do you then sack half your team ?
the club and management of this club is weak as pee.
Thats the problem, should never of gone this far if the place was run properly in the first place

Ramps

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »
Thats the problem, should never of gone this far if the place was run properly in the first place

No but I would have sacked the 3 named tonight, and hoped that the rest got the message.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2009, 11:43:05 PM »
its a circus, always will be if you have ringleaders and clowns running the place. :birthday
Cant blame the players if they are badly managed.
They dont respect the club
They dont respect the jumper.
Culture is all wrong.
And the game plan changes like the Melbourne weather :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2009, 11:43:42 PM »

No but I would have sacked the 3 named tonight, and hoped that the rest got the message.

More than 3 ;)

Ramps

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:26 PM »
I think its fair to say that we are worse off now than when Danny Frawley left, and thats saying something... its just shocking whats happening down there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »
Under the players bargaining agreement could we actually sack any of them over this?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2009, 11:48:28 PM »
Your funny tuckerbag.

Come on Jack the club still needs to move on ASAP regardless of who is in what faction and the fractious nature of the player group. We need to sack those 3 and send a message to the rest of the squad. Hard decisions is what has been missing from our club since the days of G Richmond. Since then how many premierships have we won?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2009, 11:51:44 PM »
Under the players bargaining agreement could we actually sack any of them over this?

Grant Thomas sacked Matthew Capuano in 2003 during the footy season. Possibly. Internal club rules can decree that possibly they can. Otherwise don't even select them for Coburg. That way they stay away from the playing group. Missing football and lacking match fitness plus public ridicule is rubbing more salt into their wounds.