Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 233898 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: the footy show
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »
Looks pretty much like the 'leaked' list from PRE or big footy taking out the ones which seemed strange - C Scott, Viney etc

RFC's list of applicants according to Hutchy. There's 15 but Hutchy only named 9.

Hardwick
Hinkley
Richardson
Campbell
Cameron
Rawlings
Brad? Scott
Sumich
Sheedy

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »
Hutchy's list could've been leaked from the Coaches' Association as that's where the applications were sent IIRC but yep it looks like the list was just ripped off the net.

Anyway the positive I see compared to North is we have a variety of 15 candidates to choose from. Virtually most of the  experienced assistant coaches in the AFL. If Bucks says no thanks to North then they'll be back to square one.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2009, 12:24:14 AM »
Hutchy's list could've been leaked from the Coaches' Association as that's where the applications were sent IIRC but yep it looks like the list was just ripped off the net.

Anyway the positive I see compared to North is we have a variety of 15 candidates to choose from. Virtually most of the  experienced assistant coaches in the AFL. If Bucks says no thanks to North then they'll be back to square one.

Well if this list is correct I'd say that North are either in for Bucks and if they don't get him plan B is Longmire. Its the only reason I can see that Longmire wouldn't have applied. He went all the way with St Kilda, just falling short to Lyon and had publicly said he's after a job. Maybe he's got a gentleman's agreement to go back to North.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »
I wonder if Hutchy will make us wait an hour into the show to tell us the bleeding obvious tonight like he did last week  :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
Summary

Bucks has a few days to decide what he wants to do.

North (Brayshaw) will meet Bucks over the weekend or as early as tomorrow and ask if Bucks wants to be their coach. They have already given him a presentation and both were pleased with each other.

Collingwood over the past week has chased Bucks hard. Offered him a role as senior assistant coach. Collingwood don't want him to go anywhere else.

Richmond is too far away given their process and the need to wait. North wanting Bucks so bad and now is why Richmond is too far away.

So it's a 50/50 battle between Collingwood and North.

Brayshaw said Bucks has to decide first if he wants to be a senior coach or an assistant coach. They're after a senior coach but they haven't offered him the job. Spoken to Bucks once and will speak again about what he wants to do. If he says he wants to be a senior coach then they'll chase him hard. Throw Heaven and Earth to get him. Money isn't an issue. Bucks wants to go to a club where he can do well.

Hutchy says Malthouse will be reappointed so Bucks only option at Collingwood is to be an assistant coach. It's tough from the outside to see that working between Malthouse and Bucks as they are both head strong people but Collingwood want him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »
Richmond is too far away given their process and the need to wait. North wanting Bucks so bad and now is why Richmond is too far away.
Fine. We'll have everyone else to ourselves to choose from and have almost 2 months to make a final considered decision.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2009, 12:37:31 AM »
Fine. We'll have everyone else to ourselves to choose from and have almost 2 months to make a final considered decision.

due diligence lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »
Count this as a blessing in disguise. Buckley will go to North as an untried coach with little to no experience or tested skills and an ego/arrogance to add. He may end up being the next supercoach but I very much doubt it.

Tell me this, besides a rediculously overinflated media profile, what does Bucks have that someone like a Hardwick, Hinkley or Scott doesn't? IMHO the whole push for Bucks has been media driven from the moment Voss claimed the Brisbane job last year.

Whoever coaches North next year will more than likely have them march higher up the ladder than the Tigers due predominately to the amount of average players that will lift their work rate in the premiership age bracket. When TW first arrived we overpreformed off the back of similiar aged players increased workrate. Unless our next coach can fast track some of our youth on mass, it will be difficult to see a huge improvement in our performances going into next year.

I have never been sold on Bucks. IMHO he is overrated. The fact he is an ex-Collingwood captain has afforded him far too much credit than his ability should dictate. If he was a North Melbourne captain he would never have been heralded as the next coach messiah as he has this year.

If he ends up taking the reins at Tigerland it can only be if he deserves it. Giving him the position is filled with too many potential disasters.

We are doing the right thing while North is taking a terrible risk... :o

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »
Browny is on the Footy Show panel tonight. They're going to ask him about the 'tanking' claims and his own "uncertain" future.

Hutchy will of course have his say on the coaching merry-go-round.

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »
i agree stripes buckley has had a ride on voss's success but i still think hardwick is a better option
2 years into a 35 year plan

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:01 PM »
Browny said he doesn't remember the game too much. You're thinking more about which pub you're going to go to afterwards in the last game of the season when you're not playing finals. Disappointing that Terry brought it up and although he didn't say much it wasn't constructive. Apparently Hyde played in the middle all day while Bowden and Newman sat on the bench in the last 8 minutes.

Aker said it's better losing than winning in that situation and that's why the system is wrong. Players give their all but who knows what goes through a coach's mind. Aker said he knows tanking happens.

Billy brought up a newspaper clipping from a few weeks ago saying Nathan had broken up with his girlfriend (Browny said thanks for that Bill). They  then replayed Browny at Coburg last week having a chat with the watergirl during the game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2009, 10:40:17 PM »
Hutchy today on the Buckley situation...

Bucks is sitting at home tonight yet to make a decision and torn between two options.

North have put a deadine to Bucks that they want an answer by Monday.

Bucks wants the condition from Collingwood that Malthouse will step down in 2 years time and he gets the senior gig.

Brayshaw said they just want an answer before their next board meeting (Wednesday).

Hutchy said North have offered Bucks 3-4 years @ $3 million. Whatever Bucks wants plus Sanderson as assistant which is Bucks favoured choice.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
Hutchy said North have offered Bucks 3-4 years @ $3 million.
So are AFL handouts paying for that  ::)

$1 million per year. At that ridiculous price they can have him.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2009, 10:54:14 PM »
I hope North get Buckley at that price and then the AFL pulls their funding

Jackstar is back

« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2009, 11:06:44 PM »
Hutchy said North have offered Bucks 3-4 years @ $3 million.
So are AFL handouts paying for that  ::)

$1 million per year. At that ridiculous price they can have him.

Not really, compared to Jordy McMahon at $330,000 as a player, I would pay Buckley the money to coach,I should I say the RFC would, :lol
interesting that Brian Lake is only on $175,000 a year, thats why the tiges are stuffed, idiots running the place.